• Thread starter surrealife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
surrealife

surrealife

Hi,
86% of people use 24hrs of lighting
12% use 18hrs of lighting, 6 off

thought i'd share what i do. my own technique.
figured i would name it now, as i am showing people.
these people grow medicine for others as well as themselves. soon, they will use this, am getting them on my nutrients first. i just have time to research, and am passionate about growing.
i hate bills.
so, i found "photo-peroidic" was a feasible idea. stated 35% increase with 30min intervals of on/off. the theory is that marijuana is a long night plant, so,,,it needs a damn night time people. it does certain biological functions at night. (not trying 15min intvls)
and, its natural...anything simulating real life...is great.
i verified this with a florist, grower...neighbor. says yep, that is true.
but, i noticed about a 13% reduction on full photo-periodic.
i just like doing things my way.
most people are doing what they did in the 70's
ok, and magnetic ballasts are also way better right, i don't think so, but i am new
digital is alot quicker, and only the top of line magnetic is both MH and HPS.
you can buy conversion bulbs, MH s/ HPS

so, i do this. 2/ 100ow. 2 timers, the HPS is on 7am -7pm. the MH is from 9am to 2am, both are alternating photo periodic for 4hrs each. during the off hrs, the MH comes on for 1/2hr, that is the theory behind photo-p. changing sleep process to vegitation. the plants are in a constant state of veg, with enough night for a real life. so, really i am simulating the night period, but using synthetic lighting.
right:)
ohh. the 1000w @ 24hrs = $110
i have the ballast alternating wattage.....also simulating natural change
but the two,
can be from $70-$110, avoid 100% power to save...
i keep the plants pretty close...turn to high just for 20-30 mins
just remove/tent the ones in flower. big deal, don't be lazy
if you change, plants now, or take them in...step them up/down gradually

this is FREE RANGE WEED GROWING,
i don't eat chickens pumped up with shit, with no legs, in a box, no feathers now...
my food is happy, i can taste it....
my smoke is happy, i can feel it
my soul is happy, i feed it

Let's call this "S.N.A.P." lighting technique.
you heard it hear first...all i ask.

Strategic natural alternating photo periodic lighting

surrealife

surrealife

heh,

whats up
that is the question

inside, i'm going to keep them at 4'. I have 14' ceilings, would want lights on the side to go higher...
I don't do lanky
these two M.O.B. are biggest I've seen, and bushiest, and healthiest.I top them, clip to get them like that.
to answer your question. ? seriously dense, maybe 4-7 oz dry. I just pulled 6oz off two tiny ones, 2.5oz dry
maybe 120 days, 60 in flower.
IMG 0025

IMG 0027

I don't rely on my indoors, more of a strain depot.
I am a patient, I need my weed, who doesn't right
so, if I have to, i'll pull em early

I farm marijuana, outdoors fkn crushes indoors:
7 plants, 15+lbs expected.
IMG 0007 2

Tangerine Dream/5, L.S.D./2 some 4-5' M.O.B.'s
put this here, so I have more "weight" in what I am saying
I swear though, they love the time and effort as much as the light....maybe....maybe I high:)

should try that light method. works, is a good amount cheaper, and they like full spectrum indoors

peace

DO IT

DO IT

Those are some nice outdoor girls,so your getting roughly 2lbs off each outdoor you do. i dont mess with the outdoor thats why i was asking about that indoor light schedule. I was wondering if it was giving you higher than average yeilds.

surrealife

surrealife

heh guy.

my stuff is all very green, about 13% better than 24hr...but I do run them at, 750w-500w-1000w, off 2:00 to 9:00, 1/2hr on around 4:00. and I I vary, 4-6 1/2hr offs/ I kinda wind up and down leaving the middle of day longest on period.
my total elec bills, this montyh/last, $105, and $110. I do use the outside along
more because my plans keep changing, making sure my numbers are legit...etc
it works great, had a floral shop owner..big time gardner says the article is right
the article is from Skunk how to vol 7 issue 3. "photo-periodic control of cannabis" guy says at full phot0-periodic, he gets a 35% increase. I did not find that, I had been running MOB, very photo-sensitive..?
for flower, just straight on for 11hrs will do it
so, I developed mine liking the fact that they need a night, but wanted a good portion of full on lumes. so, I combined, for sunups/downs...the plants want close to a real life. they don't mind fake light, but not 24hrs...light junkies, is why they stretch, is why they won't finish on time.

so yields, same thing, if your veg is 15% better,, then your buds should be, at least that 15% bigger. I am getting great amounts, I run many kinds, so hard to compare, best thing is to look at each grow, look at others...go from there.
I just pulled two mob, about 2', in 1 1/5gal of soil. NO NUTES, 120 days, 26g colas, 6+oz, 2.5 dry.

hope that helps. remember to step them into it.
or,
if everything is in veg...DO IT lol
you'll get some indian, and 3 leafs...but, she'll be fine, really is no biggy, unless your near flower.

peace
the outdoors that size is rough....i'm soaked, was shopvacn the rain off, then retying, using anything...elec tape to coated wire...ran out of rope twine long ago:).1hr, total just tying thoswe b*tches 6hrs?

DO IT

DO IT

Nice... I'm more of s commercial style of grower so I have to go with the numbers. thanks for the info

surrealife

surrealife

no probs,
I am converting my friends, most of whom are commerce, and numbers.
they like results, they think that I confused my mobs, and wwmax, but, lotta strains three leaf etc, when clipped.
I know they are trying this at home... they want to TRY to make it better first...lol
there saying shit like, well, ill put a 400 on left, 600 in middle, and a 400.....
ooh,oh ok, wtf? same theory guy,
its not a competition.
everybodies environment is different
I think I save around $50 per 1000w, and get a little better. keep on 100%, same hrs, should be great
I have to know each steps effect. so, check back, i'll have some more results when I am running the MH and HPS
congruently, also going to try loosing and gaining time on each end...just like the real world..:)

I am crazy

peace

DO IT

DO IT

I run a veg room that's on 18/6... I know that the difference leaf sets your talking about is from stress... in the long run any strain you can run in a cycle with out any stress yields will be higher.

surrealife

surrealife

true, I was trimming those big ones, a few at a time...stupid, longer stress cycle
18-6 is just about where i'm at... add 1 hr off, 4 x 1/2hr offs. they say you can do 15min intervals
save more??? I would not like that...
all the time. working and click and dark

now this guy also says, used an old bulb, and ballast, did not hurt either at all.
I was worried about that. I like digital for on/offs

I want to get a timer with wattage adjusting, program it to vary.
you ever watch the leaves...change quick. I don't think they need full blast all the time.
bet a little change would be higher yields

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I run a veg room that's on 18/6... I know that the difference leaf sets your talking about is from stress... in the long run any strain you can run in a cycle with out any stress yields will be higher.
The difference in leaf sets is due to what can basically be called hormonal confusion.

Cannabis, as we know, is a photoperiodic annual plant. That means that its flowering is triggered by the ratio or balance of dark to light. Cannabis' trigger is dark. When the plant experiences shifts in photoperiod that take it from regenerative phase (flowering) to vegetative phase, it becomes 'confused,' and the signal to us humans are those leaves. The progression goes as a reduction of leaf lobes, from whatever it's typically throwing to 3, then singles, then if it's on a veg photoperiod it will again begin to throw three-lobed leaves, and then back to normal. Each phase can take about two weeks to get through, depending.

Surreal, I'm trying to pick up fully what you're putting down, but I'm not, I have to admit, I'm a bit confused.

surrealife

surrealife

hi,

you guys are great.:)
here is a pic, woulda put it on earlier...took about 11 trys cuz of the lighting.

IMG 0019

so, it comes on at 10am, off at 1am.
during the on, I have 1/2hr periods where it turns off X 7. the plants stay in veg, and get a...boost from the minor triggers,
each tab is 15mins, I do two at a time, a couple in the am, couple in the pm, for a total of 3 1/2 hrs OFF.
during the 9 hr night, the lights come ON, for 1/2hr, putting the plants back in veg.

the light is OFF, for 9hrs total, for Vegetation 15hrs of lighting, not at 100% = $50-$60 VS $110 @ 24hrs
less growth at 24hrs!
the power co estimated on my test months....jerks

the HPS, comes on less, and is on when the MH is off, giving
my plants up to 24hrs, of alternating dual spectrums, and it cost about...half!
I still have a night, and I tent, or, you could blind out the hps for 8hrs.
you can have one on at all times, but, like Seamaiden says, they want a night
I am a patient, want it to be inexpensive: top shelf meds, low price.

hope I explained myself better
peace

ps. been thinking about a third lower wattage, in a row of lights, you can simulate sunrise/sunset more effectively.
third in middle, no reflector...MH, MH on left, all ending with an HPS, flower girls under that side...more like
full spectrum ambient light. I want to pulse the power, but leave the middle full blast, midday?

DO IT

DO IT

I don't think u under stood her... in switching the lights like you are u are confusing and in turn stressing your girls... that's why your getting the 3 leafers... in my opinion a plant with let's say 9 or11 leaf sets is going to produce more than a plant with only 3 blades on a fan leaf.... the fan leaf is wear the factory gets its power from this is where photosynthesis is happening and if u only have 3 leafs you have less photosynthesis happening which means less energy for growth.

surrealife

surrealife

hi,

ohh, I see what ur saying
that was 1 week, in june, due to the light change by god, on the 21st. the longest day of year(summer equinox), july 22nd has 15hrs of daylight.
I have this all noted in my calendar.....from observations, crosschecked with weather channel
I was saying the strain M.O.B., knew summer was over.

the white widow max, does this Every time it is clipped...is part of the strains reaction too being clipped
something I read.
was a reference to what a friend said. not really anything to do with the thread

If I was constantly confusing them, then I would be the one confused.
here is a pic of inside.
IMG 0010

that sh*t is happy. growing faster than my caregiver friends running HPS 18-6 for veg., better than others, maybe not as good as some....
basicly, they are growing pretty franticly.

this I know. I grow for me, card for caregiver on the way, so, I really have to wait to grow another 18plants....
but,
I will still only use one light. that friend, @ 18-6, 1 light for veg, one for flower....he has 3 patients,
that's 18 in flower, 18 ready, and 18 coming up.
is a top guy with the caregiver group.....he can grow. I smoke it.
I was giving him hard time about azomite though.
we just like to learn. can't do that using the same methods as the 70's

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
DO IT, I hear what you're saying, and looking at how surreal's got it set up, I personally would be afraid to try it (especially after my seed start fuck up earlier this year). But if he's been doing this for a while now, I would also think that if this method presents problems he'd have discovered it by now. What's getting *my* attention is the issue of saving $$$ on power because I just finished up an indoor run last month, and promptly received a bill from PG&E for over five bills, running two lousy 600s. And we're on solar generating around 12kw daily!

So, surreal, I think I'm picking it up now. It seems to be a reverse of dark phase interruption, with the daylight phase being what's interrupted...? I need a chart! I think I understand, but I'm still not 100% visualizing what you're describing, especially when you get to the different lights. You're saying that the HPS turns on and off at different times than the MH, do I have that much at least?

surrealife

surrealife

So, surreal, I think I'm picking it up now. It seems to be a reverse of dark phase interruption, with the daylight phase being what's interrupted...? I need a chart!

don't like that the world has got to make something from the weed.
NONE FOR THE POWER CO....NONE FOR THE NUTRIENT CO.....MOR FOR CHARLIE
ohh, you made me smile first thing in the AM.:)

you got it...
I run 2 1000w, I vary the power, and use this technique.... july, $105 total for whole house,
aug, $110. the hps was not on the whole way. I am expecting the lights, in tandem to cost
< $130.00
bring the HPS on later, put larger-near flower plants closer to hps side(while under the MH mostly)
yield some above average....you may have to turn them, you should probably anyways...
more touching/fondling the better..
you may$ lose the "snap" when going from MH-HPS...but, also, maybe less stretch?
we'll see.
so, I heard a .$25/gram is good.
why not $.5, and chuckle while you smoke your meds?

just saying:)
Weedies. breakfast of champions...think ill have some

surrealife

surrealife

forgot to remention this,
so I have the lights going, one each. what about Flowering,

if you are trying to save some dollars...and are able to..
set alarms, move the plants out of light room/area. or tent, make a movable light barrier.
more of a pain, but not really, its MJ, do what we need to

Top Bottom