Strip And Flip Or Flip Then Strip

• Thread starter Ander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Ander

My plants are on week 3 of veg there ruff 12 inch tall . Should i strip then give um 3 day to recover from stress, then flip them in to flowering or flip them this week and give them 2 weeks then strip them ....also when stiping them how much are we taking off .and also can i give them anything for the stress of the strip and the flip
Strip and flip or flip then strip

Homesteader

Homesteader

How about flip and forget the strip?

I see no benefit in doing what you are saying. If your plants foliage was blocking airflow and light from pentrating then by all means clean it up, but your plants have neither issue going on.

A

Ander

I see no benefit in doing what you are saying. If your plants foliage was blocking airflow and light from pentrating then by all means clean it up, but your plants have neither issue going on.
Ill keep that in mind thanks pal

A

Ander

But im thinking of striping the weaker branches so the plant can concentrate on the better ones for better yeild

xavier7995

xavier7995

I do an initial pruning before flip and then a couple of weeks later hit them again once I know how the bud sites are developing. I take off most of the small branches that don't look like they will amount to much, I am pretty conservative here and if I question if it needs to go, I leave it to see if it can catch up to the rest of the canopy and get it on the second pass if need be. I take off everything down to the bare main branches on the lower half of the plant and trim out any monster fan leaves in the whole thing.

A

Ander

T
I do an initial pruning before flip and then a couple of weeks later hit them again once I know how the bud sites are developing. I take off most of the small branches that don't look like they will amount to much, I am pretty conservative here and if I question if it needs to go, I leave it to see if it can catch up to the rest of the canopy and get it on the second pass if need be. I take off everything down to the bare main branches on the lower half of the plant and trim out any monster fan leaves in the whole thing.
Thanks xavier good input as allways .

Dunge

Dunge

The only reason I cut fans is if they are redundant.
Cut any one of your fans, and you are just letting light hit the floor.

This is a good time to trim up lower branches.
Anything low and unlikely to get light once the canopy grows in.
I leave a few as clone donors.

Enforcer

Enforcer

My plants are on week 3 of veg there ruff 12 inch tall . Should i strip then give um 3 day to recover from stress, then flip them in to flowering or flip them this week and give them 2 weeks then strip them ....also when stiping them how much are we taking off .and also can i give them anything for the stress of the strip and the flip View attachment 762502
Here’s my thoughts, with so little veg time you really don’t have much to “strip” at this point. Personally I would veg them for longer. But if you need or want to flip now, I would suggest waiting until week 2 of flower. At that time the plants will be through most of the stretch and you’ll have a better idea of what you’re working with, and what to remove. You can give them a liquid B vitamin supplement to help cope with the stress. Good luck.

A

Ander

Here’s my thoughts, with so little veg time you really don’t have much to “strip” at this point. Personally I would veg them for longer. But if you need or want to flip now, I would suggest waiting until week 2 of flower. At that time the plants will be through most of the stretch and you’ll have a better idea of what you’re working with, and what to remove. You can give them a liquid B vitamin supplement to help cope with the stress. Good luck.
Nice one enforcer good advice

Top Bottom