Sulfur Burner Caused Leaf Damage. What Should I Do, If Anything?

• Thread starter sorrel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ken dog

ken dog

Those links you provided do not contradict the links that I provided... They support them.

From your links...http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/

fair use excerpt:

vegetable growers harvesting fruits should be aware that one study, “Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD) Effects on the Physiology and Yield of Greenhouse Tomato,” reported that a VPD of 0.8 kPa during the day and night increased photosynthetic rates and tomato fruit yields compared to plants grown with a VPD of 0.5 kPa. Too dry of an environment can also cause problems. For example, another study, “High Vapor Pressure Deficit Influences Growth, Transpiration and Quality of Tomato Fruits,” showed that a very high VPD of 2.2 kPa could cause plant stress and fruit cracking in tomato

ken dog

ken dog

Okay epiphytic, might as well be systemic with the problems it causes and it's practically semantics at that point. I disagree with that assessment of humidity entirely. Cannabis is not, never has been, and never will be, a plant that thrives in high humidity and that website is junk science. I have, in twenty six years, never seen even a hint of the stresses you and the author of that article seem to believe are inevitable. I personally am not growing cannabis to be a medium for fungal diseases, it's only a matter of time if you follow that advice.

Facts are facts.
That's why links are good... People can decide for themselves.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
the burner was in the center of the room and those closest too it, as well as those that were directly under the lights after I turned off the burner and turned the light on, are the most effected.

That's prob your problem. I would hang the burner not directly under any plants or at least move the plant right under it. Were they the only ones that did that?

sorrel23

sorrel23

That's prob your problem. I would hang the burner not directly under any plants or at least move the plant right under it. Were they the only ones that did that?
Almost all of them were affected but the ones near the burner were the worst by far.

sorrel23

sorrel23

Just wondering and even though i run risk of sounding stupid.im a moderate grower and never heard of sulfer burning. What is the point and rewards of burning sulfer in a grow room. Pest management or something? ???
For management of powdery mildew. It worked great, no more PM since!

sorrel23

sorrel23

I will post update pics when I get home. They are growing well and all new growth is lovely.

sorrel23

sorrel23

Dan789

Dan789

I just had this happen to my room do to slufur burn too long with lights on. plants are 3 weeeks old. Mine look worse. Is it worth keeping the plants? How long until new healthy growth? It's been 5 days and the new growth is damaged also. THanks
PS, this is a two year old thread.
Welcome to the farm btw.
Are your plants still vegging or in bloom?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I just had this happen to my room do to slufur burn too long with lights on. plants are 3 weeeks old. Mine look worse. Is it worth keeping the plants? How long until new healthy growth? It's been 5 days and the new growth is damaged also. THanks
Any Pics for us to see or even a short video, u can load up to a min long video, helps the community help you.

J

Jayboogie

Sulphur burns work great for powdery mildew. Dont listen to this guy. The issue I bet was did you use an oil based spray within a couple weeks prior to the burn?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I grow a lot of Sativa dominant strains and my indoors humidity is always low... probably around 30-35% in the summer, down to 15% in the winter, and I've never really had any problems because of low humidity. I would think that a dryer environment would be better for keeping mold/mildew at bay, although in 35 years of growing, I've never had a problem with it. Maybe I'm just lucky, but lower humidity levels have never caused me any problems.
just my observations.

Budsonbuds

Budsonbuds

Dealing with white powdery mildew currently. I’ve tried hydrogen peroxide, milk, baking soda and it keeps returning. Ventilation is great along with airflow. Have 4 fans in my tent, 2 on top and 2 on floor. Humdity during lights on is 50% and temp is 76-80. Lights off I run a dehumidifier and temps are 74-78 with humdity at 40-48. Did the sulfur burn work? I’m still in veg and want to save my girls....

9B40309D C939 4521 8C45 8007AC43F722
BigBloomingBuds

BigBloomingBuds

Hello,
Did you ever fix your problem? There has got to be a guy who can come to our grows and fix our PM problems so it never happens again right? I’d pay pretty good money for that...

Dealing with white powdery mildew currently. I’ve tried hydrogen peroxide, milk, baking soda and it keeps returning. Ventilation is great along with airflow. Have 4 fans in my tent, 2 on top and 2 on floor. Humdity during lights on is 50% and temp is 76-80. Lights off I run a dehumidifier and temps are 74-78 with humdity at 40-48. Did the sulfur burn work? I’m still in veg and want to save my girls....

Top Bottom