Super Soil Standard

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

I remember being concerned about water quality, pH, soil formula, humidity, temps, etc.
So many perimeters, so many problems to correct.
Over time, all these unknowns became part of an easy process that reliably yields.

The anchor to my method is the soil formula.
I do not present it as "the best", but it is very good, and reproducible without question.
Continued experimentation involve rock phosphate substitutions, and bone meal quantities.

I needed a fresh batch yesterday, and thought, "perhaps, if I make a picture diary of the process it will encourage others to see this as a thing to try."
Super soil standard

Pictured here are "the six bags of purchased product" called for in this recipe.
Substitutions are allowed based on availability, but the proportions are reliable.

When opening bags I plan for re-use. I also attempt to breaking up the product as much as practical during the piling phase. Any product that is clumped requires mechanical action to aid full mixing.
Super soil standard 2

A layer cake of material is made. I then circle the pile, turning shovels of material over and over, in an attempt to evenly mix components.

I then start at one end of the pile and move it to another pile, while spreading each shovel out, and breaking up any balled product as I go.
Super soil standard 3

I grow plants to finish in 3 gallon pots. (Shrub form, finishing under 7 foot high lights) I have proven that this will take most varieties to finish without any additions other than water. In practice I brew a weekly alfalfa tea, but otherwise watering is automated with Blumats.

Dunge

Dunge

FBXseeds super soil

This formulation is extracted from readings on the subject on thcfarmer.com and a desire to create a reproducible medium from available products.
When properly executed, six bags of purchased goods will blend together to yield a very
reliable organic soil.
It is demonstrated to carry a plant through 9 weeks of flower in a three gallon pot.
Water, light, humidity (most like about 50%), and keep the temps in the 75 to 85 deg F range.

Heavy watering every 3-5 days.

one bag of each:

ProMix HP large bale
compost large bag from Down to Earth (DTE)
Worm castings from DTE if you can find them or the best you can get.
3 pound bag of blood meal
3 pound bag of bone meal
DTE high P Bat Guano (0-7-0) or like product ie. rock phosphate.

Mix well and use.

If smaller quantities are wanted the bucket recipe is:

ProMix - one five gallon bucket
Compost - 6 pounds 7.5 quarts
worm castings - 3.8 pounds 2.75 quarts
blood meal - 136g 210 ml.
bone meal - 136g 220 ml.
bat guano - 384 ml.

hillbil

hillbil

Where does your K come from? Nature's Care bone meal is excellent. Watch for Walmart to put organic amendments on sale in the fall each year. Their organic fertilizer is composted poultry litter and feather meal and I have used it for years inside and out. At 7-1-2, it is a great base. The bone meal is also a long term nitrogen source.

F

Frank313

Hi
FBXseeds super soil

This formulation is extracted from readings on the subject on thcfarmer.com and a desire to create a reproducible medium from available products.
When properly executed, six bags of purchased goods will blend together to yield a very
reliable organic soil.
It is demonstrated to carry a plant through 9 weeks of flower in a three gallon pot.
Water, light, humidity (most like about 50%), and keep the temps in the 75 to 85 deg F range.

Heavy watering every 3-5 days.

one bag of each:

ProMix HP large bale
compost large bag from Down to Earth (DTE)
Worm castings from DTE if you can find them or the best you can get.
3 pound bag of blood meal
3 pound bag of bone meal
DTE high P Bat Guano (0-7-0) or like product ie. rock phosphate.

Mix well and use.

If smaller quantities are wanted the bucket recipe is:

ProMix - one five gallon bucket
Compost - 6 pounds 7.5 quarts
worm castings - 3.8 pounds 2.75 quarts
blood meal - 136g 210 ml.
bone meal - 136g 220 ml.
bat guano - 384 ml.
When you say compost what do you mean by that? Can store bought compost do or homemade? Not got space or materials to make homemade compost.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you can't make your own, go ahead and buy some. You've gotta do what you've gotta do and it's got to fit YOU, not someone else.

H

Hyman

Hi
When you say compost what do you mean by that? Can store bought compost do or homemade? Not got space or materials to make homemade compost.
You can buy worm castings from a local feed store or nursery, if you have a little amount of space consider getting a worm farm, it can sit in the back of a tent or room, great way to have GREAT organic nutrients on hand all the time!!!!

H

Hyman

I use a few mixes, for seedlings, equal parts of a local organic potting soil mix, some cow manure (maybe half cow manure and half chicken litter), and worm castings, very high in N and gives my plants a good start. I'll post the other mix, I suggest checking out True Living Organics from The Rev if looking for good tips and guides on growing organically.

F

Frank313

I use a few mixes, for seedlings, equal parts of a local organic potting soil mix, some cow manure (maybe half cow manure and half chicken litter), and worm castings, very high in N and gives my plants a good start. I'll post the other mix, I suggest checking out True Living Organics from The Rev if looking for good tips and guides on growing organically.

I have been searching for REV tlo organics and coming up at a dead end, I end up at his site and its about seeds and some soil his selling, problem is I am in UK so buying it is not on option coz of shipping, I am after subcool super soil recipe the latest one, seen the old ones were he uses biobizz, its the ingredients in the recipe I need and can source out the ingredients, his old recipe is confusing on the ingredients he uses which included npk, e.g. Bone meal has been replaced by fish bone meal, and some other stuff has the same ratios, another thing am confused about is some people add alfalfa meal but cant see it in his recipe. Sorry if am boring you lol

keiksweat

keiksweat

I'm i
I have been searching for REV tlo organics and coming up at a dead end, I end up at his site and its about seeds and some soil his selling, problem is I am in UK so buying it is not on option coz of shipping, I am after subcool super soil recipe the latest one, seen the old ones were he uses biobizz, its the ingredients in the recipe I need and can source out the ingredients, his old recipe is confusing on the ingredients he uses which included npk, e.g. Bone meal has been replaced by fish bone meal, and some other stuff has the same ratios, another thing am confused about is some people add alfalfa meal but cant see it in his recipe. Sorry if am boring you lol
I'm uk,go to a shop that does horse feed.youll get alfalfa meal there,I use good soil,with cheap wilkos soil,plus pre used soil.get ewc off ebay,use bio bizz pre mix,it has everything in anyway.fish blood n bone meal,bone meal,kelp,beetle frass.layer it in bottom,decent soil on top.i veg In normal soil for 4-5week,then switch too 11 litre grow bags with this mix.i only water with mollasses and sea weed tonic.and weekly teas.never have problems.but I like to try new things.neem cake is good to use.lots of N,and keep the nasties away.good luck pal...and always experiment.

Top Bottom