Switching From Soil To Hydroponics

• Thread starter Vonkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Superlite27

I did exactly that, soil to hydro, both of the transplants died within a week. I honestly thought it was feasible. Plants wilted and died in less than 36 hours.. Most likely culprit was shock.

Vonkins

Vonkins

I did exactly that, soil to hydro, both of the transplants died within a week. I honestly thought it was feasible. Plants wilted and died in less than 36 hours.. Most likely culprit was shock.
U would think it could work but I guess not.

Vonkins

Vonkins

Ok heres another idea I came up with to prevent transplant shock. Instead of putting hydrogen in my net pot, cut up a plain white t shirt and put in the net pot like a cloth insert. Put my plant in and fill in the rest with dirt. Now the plant still thinks it's in dirt, which it is. Handwater and allow the roots to grow through the t shirt material. Handwater until the roots get long enough then start bubbling with nutes. This would definitely work. It's the same idea as the octopot! The fabric should keep the dirt from ever hitting the res, like a filter.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

The info in this thread....jeez!! No one would ever make a simple switch from soil to hydro after reading this thread. To the op.. I suggest making an Instagram account, and look for more detailed answers there. Plenty of good knowledgeable folks there whom no longer flip thru the forums...myself included. Plenty of pictures and descriptions and even product recommendations with results. Just my $0.02

Latest posts

Top Bottom