Tamisium Butane Extractors

• Thread starter BC_Bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Hippy

The Hippy

oh ya
How about yield ? with one full chamber od decent herb what type of amount do you get ?

C

Cloud9

im also interested in which one you bought and how much you paid for it :)

thanks in advacnce

C

chefrey

check out when I saw the 2 huge garbage bags of cans I just figured the extra $ for the recovery tank was worth it. If you watch their videos the laser thermometer is a important part of that process too. I did go for the shrader valve so I can add pressure. The jedi master who got me into this said one day when I asked him about the very expensive microscope he bought that he had spent so much money so far he wasn't going to get cheep and fuck everything up at the last step.

M

MTgrower

where did u find pure butane? mine showed up last night I wasn't expecting it till next week so I ran out and bought every can of butane in town( a small robinson and a biger bernzamatic) I live in a small town. I filled it, put in ice bath and purged excess gas as you said but used purge line not the tank? (please post pics of how you do this if you have time) I just used some old trim and shake I had hanging around but got some ok oil I need to get a scale capable of weighing it as well before I start playing with it for real but can't wait, after seeing what I got from this first test run

Sounds like you did it right. I'm doing a run today, and I'll rake pics. I'll also give you a link to the source for the pure N-Butane. The Tamisium website say a they will be offering disposable canisters of pure butane, but I don't know how long that claim has been up there and I have not been able to talk to anyone yet.

M

MTgrower

Here is 3 grams obtained from one pass using purified King brand butane (via distillation). There were 30g of Violator Kush buds, not trim, broken up by hand and packed into the chamber. A second pass using the recovered butane from the first looks like a slightly lower yield. This oil smells exactly like the buds do. It trips me out. The buzz is great.

http://i1238.invalid.com/albums/ff485/StinkBomb420/IMG_1883.jpg

Here is the link to the source for pure butane listed on the Tamisium website

http://www.tamisiumextractors.com/tamisium-accessories.htm

You can also get butane from any welding gas supply company, but they charge up the butt, and NORCO gas in Missoula could only get 90% pure butane vs the 99.5% and 99.9% pure N butane available from Airgas.

I took pics of the extraction I did this morning, but it is going to take me some time to upload them. I can't figure out how to compress the files, so they take forever to upload.

C

chefrey

hey mt you said you use olive oil was that just for cooking with or did you burn that?

M

MTgrower

hey mt you said you use olive oil was that just for cooking with or did you burn that?

No, that was just for cooking. I figured I'd just use the olive oil as the carrier solvent, in place of the Ever Clear I've been using and then evaporating off.

That pic is of the BHO after the grain alcohol had been evaporated.

I also use a little olive oil to lube the gaskets. I didn't have any mineral oil around, and the olive oil works just fine.

But no, I don't smoke olive oil.

C

Chronicale

i would love to get one of these the possibilitys are endless with this thing cant really make bho or wax with it but i see the potential for some of the strongest amber glass known to man. i would love to try it out its just too bad you need some licenceing but they leave that up to you

M

MTgrower

i would love to get one of these the possibilitys are endless with this thing cant really make bho or wax with it but i see the potential for some of the strongest amber glass known to man. i would love to try it out its just too bad you need some licenceing but they leave that up to you

You can absolutely make BHO with these units. Not sure what you mean by wax, but if you can make it with any other tube, you can make it with a Tamisium.

The main drawback to the design is the fact that the bottom is welded to the lower tank. If it were held on by clamps and a gasket, you could remove the product without a carrier solvent (usually alcohol). You can still remove without a carrier solvent by making a scraping tool out of a plastic card affixed to the end of a pair of hemostats.

I'm going to do some ether extractions soon.

I've actually quit smoking bud since I got my Tamisium. Just extracts now. Pretty much converted a 20 year eighth a day smoker, overnight.

There is room for improvement in the design, but these extractors are really awesome.

In MT, they are starting to regulate the sale of Butane. Currently you can only buy two cans per day in a given store. Some stores are ignoring the rule, but it won't be long till it is controlled. The lady said they use it for a new meth cooking method. I don't know.

Anyhow, this is a huge benefit if this system and others like it. You recover all of you solvent for repeated reuse. So stock up on gass now, or buy a unit that recovers it. Never mind the huge safety increase when using a sealed, lab grade system.

M

MTgrower

Also, you don't necessarily need any license of any kind. He is simply warning you that some states may require a permit to make chemical botanical extractions. I imagine it is a legal precaution on his part. And a friendly warning to check your local laws before you drop a couple g's on an extractor.

Eden Labs make some nice lab grade/ industrial grade extractors of various kinds. Check them out. But, I do love my Tamisium.

The Hippy

The Hippy

Whoo hoo does this thing make nice oil. Pure and clean. Did about 6 runs so far and put about 10 z of trim thru it. Retrieved 17 g of nice honey oil. Deep in amber color with a yellowish tinge. Each time i got all my butane back minus 35g. Witch is only a loss of about 5%. Nice saviing on butane compared to losing it each time. Each run sends the same amount of butane as 3 cans of 165g type size butane. So it saved about 140 bucks worth of butane for this 6 runs.
The oil is very potent and tastes great. I triple filtered it after the 2 run. The second run had some herb get into the oil but was easily filtered out with a coffee filter due to the fact that it suspended in a carrier solvent after extracting is completed.
Still trying to find the ideal carrier solvent to use though. Any suggestions farmers ?

M

MTgrower

did you hear they are making a 1.5# size

What do you mean? 1.5 what?

I've been making a lot of oil. I love the tabletop model I have. I finally got a good scale, allowing me to actually start getting data. I went with this one:

http://balance.balances.com/scales/1414/

On my first run with a scale, I was able to recover 98.7% of the solvent, and was able to remove 85% of the oil without a secondary solvent. Just make sure you don't use anything to scrape out the oil that will damage the surface of the tank's interior. I use an old credit card. Sometimes I cut tools out of the credit card and affix the tool to the end of a pair of hemostats.

B

bishopwatts

im really interested in one of these how much can you yield off the table top model

The Hippy

The Hippy

Well I got 11-12 g's from one tube fill with 2 oz's of very n ice g-13 buds......oh so tasty
He has a new two pound unit on the site now...check that bad boy out all you oil boiler's. No screwing around making small batches in the two oz unit. So I suppose if you could multiply my results up to the 2 pound per run level you'd get like 160-180 grams per go. Pretty freakin good volume for not much time. Good for you big volume producers.
I did the reverse soak and got some very nice golden oil. Although darker when in the viles

M

MTgrower

im really interested in one of these how much can you yield off the table top model

Depends on strain, how tight you pack it, if you do an inversion, and the solvent used, but with distilled vector butane, I have never done better than 5:1 and never worse than 10:1 bud to oil ratio.

I've used the same tane for over 20 runs now.

FLB

FLB

Hey MT, what's your recoup time without a carrier solvent. It takes me about 3-4 hours to recoup minus 10%. That is my best. I have not tried a carrier solvent yet and have found a nice vacuum purge in a bath of warm water after your run makes for some of the smoothest, tastiest oil to date

M

MTgrower

I haven't paid attention to time to be honest. I'll have to check that. I'll get the stopwatch out and add that info to the data set. I've got to say I will bet I can get a run done with 99% recovery in less than an hour..... provided the materials were all on hand and ready to go.

I do know that the second run done using the scale to measure everything gave me a 99.00% return rate on my butane.

The Hippy

The Hippy

Hey MT, what's your recoup time without a carrier solvent. It takes me about 3-4 hours to recoup minus 10%. That is my best. I have not tried a carrier solvent yet and have found a nice vacuum purge in a bath of warm water after your run makes for some of the smoothest, tastiest oil to date
Would you be able to explain how you do that after the run ? RU meaning
the method to reclaim the butane or something different.

M

MTgrower

Would you be able to explain how you do that after the run ? RU meaning
the method to reclaim the butane or something different.

I just thought he was asking how long it takes, and what my best recovery percentage has been.

Top Bottom