Tembleque (it trembles), or, Puerto Rican coconut pudding

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
VERY simple recipe and the last time I made it I used coconut milk powder.

Tembleque
  • 4 cups coconut milk
  • ½ cup cornstarch
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • ½ tsp. Salt
  • 1 tblsp. orange blossom water (optional)
  • ground cinnamon

In a saucepan dissolve cornstarch in ¼ cup coconut milk.
Once dissolved add the rest of the coconut milk, sugar, and salt.
Cook at medium-high heat stirring constantly! As it thickens, lower heat until it boils thick.
Pour right away into wet molds, pans or cups.
Cool and then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Carefully separate the tembleque from the mold using a knife. Turn it over unto a dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Makes about 12 servings.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you want my gluten-free blueberry muffins that can be made without any milk (substituting coconut milk) just ask. :)

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Ow sweet. Can you weld tofu?
Tofuwelding

true grit

true grit

Sounds tasty SM I may have to give that one a go! And yes, by all means please do put up the muffin mix- love me some BB muffins!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A'ight, I give you all Gluten-free Blueberry Muffins. (I'm typically more into biscuits, but these muffins *are* pretty damn good, especially hot outta tha oven.)

• 1 T coconut milk powder, or ¼ cup coconut milk (if using milk, reduce equivalent amount of milk)
  • ¾ cupgluten-free all purpose or baking flour, or¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons brown rice flour blend*
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • ½ teaspoon cornstarch or xanthan gum
  • ¼ cup melted butter, coconut oil or vegetable oil
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ cup milk
  • ½ teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
  • ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  • cinnamon-sugar, for sprinkling on top (optional)

1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 6-cup muffin pan.
2) Stir together the dry ingredients and set aside.
3) Whisk together the melted butter or oil, egg, and milk.
4) Using an electric mixer, slowly beat the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and continue beating at medium speed until the batter thickens, about 30 seconds.
5) Stir in the berries.
6) Fill the muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
7) Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
8) Remove from the oven, and after 5 minutes transfer to a rack to cool.
Yield: 6 muffins.
Double recipe for double the fun!
These muffins are excellent when backed as 'toasters', and when made with all coconut oil instead of butter.
A better way of handling the blueberries is to sprinkle them into each muffin cup in layers, simply ladle or spoon a small amount of batter into each cup, then sprinkle a few berries, and repeat until full.
The muffin tins can be filled quite full, this batter does not spill over a great deal during baking.
Best results are found if coconut oil is used.

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

Lmao my name should say it all thanks for the recipes im working on going vegan the tembleque sounds awesome and im going to try and substitute my kids berry applesauce for the eggs and almond or soy milk for the milk in the blueberry muffins thats the only bad thing about vegan cooking is baking becomes a bit of a challenge when it comes to getting that texture you expect in the finished product anyway ill be adding kief to the tembleque and in the cinnamon carmel sauce ima be topping it with anyway thanks again seamaiden i love new recipes happy cooking and growing

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Try coconut milk in the muffin recipe, chef. :)

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

I will seamaiden thank you for the recipes and all the info you have spread around the forum hope all is well much respect

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

Top Bottom