The Original Og Kush

• Thread starter MushinNoShin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Ghost OG, is probably the oldest most unaltered OG that still circulates. The original SFV OG is another. Try The Farm in nor ho. Cloneville in studio city also carries Old school OG thats a old heirloom OG. Id personally go with the ghost OG if your using it for breeding.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I have patients who have been asking for "The OG" lately and I'm like "WTF? I don't even think it exists." But maybe there is a cut going around called "The OG"?

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Ghost OG, is probably the oldest most unaltered OG that still circulates. The original SFV OG is another. Try The Farm in nor ho. Cloneville in studio city also carries Old school OG thats a old heirloom OG. Id personally go with the ghost OG if your using it for breeding.
How's the Heirloom OG from Cloneville? I was looking at it, but started reading about really bad shit about Cloneville.

I notice the older growers in the area have these OG cuts that are totally unique, unlike the Ghost cut, Private Reserve, etc. I think maybe they have held the cut since forever and it never got passed around? Anyways, I want one of those, lol.

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Ghost and SFV have been circulating for about 15 years and that right about when OG kush first hit the scene so it doesnt get more heirloom than that. Cloneville is legit, all the clones ive got from them are good genetics and they've never had any pests. My only complaint is that the clones are tiny and bearly rooted. The Farm is putting out the biggest healthiest clones that I know about right now and they have a amazing list of strains to choose from. The Old school OG from Cloneville is a good indica with a heavy lemon fuely flavor, it finishes quicker than most OGs but its super stretchy, finicky and doesnt yield the best. Theres a ton of good OG and OG hybrids all over so cal at this point, a lot of the newer OGs yield better grow stouter and are not as finicky as the original heirloom versions, you just want a heirloom OG thats been unadulterated if your plan on working the strain and making some hybrids or crosses, they are the only ones that seem to maintain the OG flavor in seed form.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I had the original OG Kush from the start. Bag seed was all it was. we split it up among a few people and I didn`t grow it for a few years as I had so many projects going already. I kept hearing about it from friends but forgot I even had it. after looking through my extensive seed stash with the idea of cataloging my seeds I came across them and tested some ( made more seeds at the same time) I compared the plants and buds to the ones I had gotten and they concurred it was the same strain. By that time OG Kush was starting to get out everywhere and had a reputation already. I decided not to release yet an other source because I really like to run stuff that isn`t everywhere. I still have the original OG Kush as well as Bubba Kush. Run it every few years and make fresh seed. Still a great strain but there are so many other great strains. Seems most of the stuff out there is watered down Kush crosses but some of them are also very good. I `ve grown a few of them. I`m sure others have some viable stock of the original OG Kush if you look around. It was everywhere for a long time.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I had the original OG Kush from the start. Bag seed was all it was. we split it up among a few people and I didn`t grow it for a few years as I had so many projects going already. I kept hearing about it from friends but forgot I even had it. after looking through my extensive seed stash with the idea of cataloging my seeds I came across them and tested some ( made more seeds at the same time) I compared the plants and buds to the ones I had gotten and they concurred it was the same strain. By that time OG Kush was starting to get out everywhere and had a reputation already. I decided not to release yet an other source because I really like to run stuff that isn`t everywhere. I still have the original OG Kush as well as Bubba Kush. Run it every few years and make fresh seed. Still a great strain but there are so many other great strains. Seems most of the stuff out there is watered down Kush crosses but some of them are also very good. I `ve grown a few of them. I`m sure others have some viable stock of the original OG Kush if you look around. It was everywhere for a long time.
I've always said og was bag seed probly Thai I would love to play with some old school bubba stock

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I do think OG Kush is an Indica and most likely from the Northern Kush Mountains of Afghanistan or Southern Mountains of Pakistan. It resembles some of the lowland Pre -Soviet Kandahar I have. It doesn`t resemble the Talk of Kabul I have which seems to be a rare Sativa leaning Kush IBL.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I thought OG Kush originated in Cali?

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

When I was younger the OG we would get was phenomenal and was almost always the same with minor subtleties, but after awhile it started changing and there were all kinds of OG. Wish I could find a cut of that OG we use to smoke.

Now all I see is SFV OG and shit and people think it is like the best shit on the planet, lol.

We knew this old ass grower who had this cut of OG that was phenomenal, not quite what we use to get, but similar. Has this indescribable smell, almost like a Hindu kick to it, but predominantly OG. I NEED that shit!

I have a feeling that heirloom OG is close to what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

@markscastle please point me in the direction of your OG and bubba and/or where ever else you think the best place would be to find the best representation of the original OG and bubba.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Wait until I get my seed biz going again and I`ll send some in to the farm. I really think someone else must have it so look around. Hell it was everywhere, can`t believe it still isn`t out there in gobs ! I mostly tuck strains away for many years before it becomes rare again. To me these are still new strains. I was thinking of starting with pure strains that went around in the 60`snand 70`s and earlier. Well that and some of my own strains . I have some of my AK-47 that was a phenol type I never released, not even through Sacred Seeds. Some of the early Hazes and even some stuff that hasn`t been around since the colonial days.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Wait until I get my seed biz going again and I`ll send some in to the farm. I really think someone else must have it so look around. Hell it was everywhere, can`t believe it still isn`t out there in gobs ! I mostly tuck strains away for many years before it becomes rare again. To me these are still new strains. I was thinking of starting with pure strains that went around in the 60`snand 70`s and earlier. Well that and some of my own strains . I have some of my AK-47 that was a phenol type I never released, not even through Sacred Seeds. Some of the early Hazes and even some stuff that hasn`t been around since the colonial days.
Like 98% of the "OG" beans I've popped are utter bullshit. Been looking for a good while and have so far been very disappointed. I need a legit source.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm an indica man in your opinion what's the best yielding/sleepy down strain you have seen/tried for me it's that pre 98bubba

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well Bubba is a great one ,love the coffee flavor as well. One would have to be Skywalker. and other would be Great White Shark. It seems to be all body with no head effect, very high in CBD`s. Then there are the older skunks, Not my favorite flavor but a good sleepy high.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
That`s easy, the one I smoked last. I like so many different strains. It`s always changing.

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

Your gonna need to find "Michael Gegax" the man in the bunker in AZ. I'm crying laughing writing that... O the stories of OG Kush. I'd say everyone above is spot on for Ghost being your most reliable find. I tend to think SFV represents the citrus OG's and the Ghost is that candy sugar OG terp. Ghost OG below, keep it terpy.

Ghost OG
Top Bottom