The Seven Plagues of Hermapherdites

• Thread starter Hong Caper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hong Caper

Hey

My farming buddy and I have messed up bad and I think our crop is ruined. The following is our story. Advice would be appreciated.

We built a pretty big dep house and filled it with 100 clones of 707, Chemdog and Purple Diesel. We were doing drain to waste with drip irrigation through a coir, perlite, azomite, and potting soil mix in white plastic 5-gallon grow bags. Everything seemed to be going well in the beginning. The cuttings rooted well and grew quickly in our fluffy medium. Figuring that most of our micronutes were being covered by the azomite, we just gave them earthjuice 16-0-0 for the first few weeks, as well as a little cal and mag supplements. After a few weeks we moved the clones from an indoor grow room, where they were under 24 hour metal halides, to the greenhouse. We figured they would sort of half-flower for a week or so, and then start to really flower after we started depping them. But we made a couple mistakes. We didn't have our depping situation very well figured out at first, so they sat in an undepped greenhouse for two weeks while the days got longer and longer. Even when we started depping them there were still light leaks. Also, we never really got on a very consistent depping schedule. We would just sort of dep them when we got around to it, sometimes an hour later than other days. Just the other day, we noticed that all the 707s and all the Chemdogs were totally hermed out. There were male flowers all over almost all the plants. They were falling off in bunches like grapes. Interestingly enough, though, the Purple Diesels have no male flowers. Another note: a little guinea pig plant that we keep outside hermed out as well. This leads us to believe we got crappy old genetics in our clones. We didn't have much control over the source of our clones, and we think perhaps they were old. Now we're pretty much screwed. I figure all the bud will be seeded, including the Purple Diesels. We're trying to figure out how to get a little money out of this still. Maybe selling seeds? Our plan as of today is to just go around legging the plants and also trying to get as many male flowers off as possible, then trimming out as many seeds as we can and selling the resulting product for maybe a few hundred bucks somehow. Thanks for reading our story of woe. Yahwey is angry at our greenhouse and we are smited. Cest la vie. Peace out.

Kushwick

Kushwick

Damn sucks to hear this man. Not trying to be rude or anything but you shoudve been on top of the grow if you don't want problems.
I doubt anyone will knowingly buy hermie crossed seeds since the hermie trait will be in those seeds so selling those would be out of the question. Best to give those away with a note attached.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Chemdog/Chemdog is, IME, prone to going hermy. Don't know about the others. It would be damn near immoral to sell the seeds of that stock, IMO. Water is your friend, but... man.

Aligee

Aligee

Hey

My farming buddy and I have messed up bad and I think our crop is ruined. The following is our story. Advice would be appreciated.

We built a pretty big dep house and filled it with 100 clones of 707, Chemdog and Purple Diesel. We were doing drain to waste with drip irrigation through a coir, perlite, azomite, and potting soil mix in white plastic 5-gallon grow bags. Everything seemed to be going well in the beginning. The cuttings rooted well and grew quickly in our fluffy medium. Figuring that most of our micronutes were being covered by the azomite, we just gave them earthjuice 16-0-0 for the first few weeks, as well as a little cal and mag supplements. After a few weeks we moved the clones from an indoor grow room, where they were under 24 hour metal halides, to the greenhouse. We figured they would sort of half-flower for a week or so, and then start to really flower after we started depping them. But we made a couple mistakes. We didn't have our depping situation very well figured out at first, so they sat in an undepped greenhouse for two weeks while the days got longer and longer. Even when we started depping them there were still light leaks. Also, we never really got on a very consistent depping schedule. We would just sort of dep them when we got around to it, sometimes an hour later than other days. Just the other day, we noticed that all the 707s and all the Chemdogs were totally hermed out. There were male flowers all over almost all the plants. They were falling off in bunches like grapes. Interestingly enough, though, the Purple Diesels have no male flowers. Another note: a little guinea pig plant that we keep outside hermed out as well. This leads us to believe we got crappy old genetics in our clones. We didn't have much control over the source of our clones, and we think perhaps they were old. Now we're pretty much screwed. I figure all the bud will be seeded, including the Purple Diesels. We're trying to figure out how to get a little money out of this still. Maybe selling seeds? Our plan as of today is to just go around legging the plants and also trying to get as many male flowers off as possible, then trimming out as many seeds as we can and selling the resulting product for maybe a few hundred bucks somehow. Thanks for reading our story of woe. Yahwey is angry at our greenhouse and we are smited. Cest la vie. Peace out.
turn it all into hash and hope for the best, investing $$$ into some random 10$ clones is def not the way to go, verified proven genetics is the only way even if there 100$ a pop but thats just me and how i do things over yander, good luck we all learn from our mistakes!!!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Chem's will herm if u don't got ur shit dialed in.. U fucked up there light cycle that's y u got herms.. Any kind of stress will give u a issue..

Nobody will buy herm seeds b'cuz they will make more of the same fucked up hermie plants.. U need 2 work 4 a killer harvest & keeping a steady light cycle is a must..

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Diesel has Chem in it,why did it not herm?
I would say to buy seeds,find Mothers,take cuts.Then you know more about the heritage of the clones.
Alot of peeps take clones too early,when they think that they have a keeper,that turns hermo.
Then they are left with hermo clones to sell!
Then hermo seeds will be the result.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Diesel has Chem in it,why did it not herm?
I would say to buy seeds,find Mothers,take cuts.Then you know more about the heritage of the clones.
Alot of peeps take clones too early,when they think that they have a keeper,that turns hermo.
Then they are left with hermo clones to sell!
Then hermo seeds will be the result.
I bet when crossed 2 the Purple 2 make Purple Diesel it made the strain more solid that's y it didn't herm.. Juss a guess

Blaze

Blaze

Bad genetics or clones had nothing to do with it - you abused your plants, plain and simple. Most strains can only take so much neglect before they hermie . Even if you get the male flowers off, the yield and quality is still likely to be poor. If you do end up trying to sell those crap seeds I hope someone kicks you in the balls as hard as the can because you will have deserved it.

My advice would be to start over and learn from your mistakes.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yeah, take responsibility for your slacker grow and chalk it up as lesson learned. Don't try to make someone else pay you for your lack of work ethic or knowledge...

H

Hong Caper

Just yesterday we found out from the head grower at the farm that the Chemdog clone was at least five years old. We also learned that all of the Chemdogs on the entire farm have hermed at the same time, both indoors and in the greenhouse. We got some new seeds today from sohum and will start making some new clone mothers. We got most of the light leaks out and have gotten the nutrient regimen consistent and got the depping on a regular schedule. We're getting a product called Reverse, by Dutch Master, which is a hormone that is supposed to help reverse herming. Our plan is to either kill of the Chemdogs, or limb them up to the top colas and just hope the damages aren't too bad yet, and then do the hormones, and then hope that at least the Purple comes out alright. I don't plan to do anything with the resulting seeds.

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Strange shit!
Maybe that original donor mother was an unseen hermo???
Whats to say that the Sohum seeds are good?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Just grow them out and make oil, I would pass on the DM using PGR is a very tricky thing to do and can be very bad for you.

Chemical PGR actives such as paclobutrazol (PBZ), chlormequat chloride (CC), and/or daminozide are nasty shit.
These chemical actives:
Are classed as systemic pesticides
Are scheduled poisons
Have long withholding periods
Are in many cases and most countries banned for use on food/consumable crops
Are subject to strict regulations, pertaining to registration and use (crop type, application rates and times)
Are, in the case of daminozide, rated as a “probable human carcinogen” and in the case of paclobutrazol rated with, “This substance/agent has not undergone a complete evaluation and determination under US EPA's IRIS program for evidence of human carcinogenic potential”. Additionally, paclobutrazol has been shown in studies to be toxic to the liver.

Products are, in many cases, sold illegally through the hydroponics retail sector and falsely marketed as containing organic components. DM is known for this.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Just grow them out and make oil, I would pass on the DM using PGR is a very tricky thing to do and can be very bad for you.

Chemical PGR actives such as paclobutrazol (PBZ), chlormequat chloride (CC), and/or daminozide are nasty shit.
These chemical actives:
Are classed as systemic pesticides
Are scheduled poisons
Have long withholding periods
Are in many cases and most countries banned for use on food/consumable crops
Are subject to strict regulations, pertaining to registration and use (crop type, application rates and times)
Are, in the case of daminozide, rated as a “probable human carcinogen” and in the case of paclobutrazol rated with, “This substance/agent has not undergone a complete evaluation and determination under US EPA's IRIS program for evidence of human carcinogenic potential”. Additionally, paclobutrazol has been shown in studies to be toxic to the liver.

Products are, in many cases, sold illegally through the hydroponics retail sector and falsely marketed as containing organic components. DM is known for this.
Do you know if that is in Bloom Ultra the yellow bottle from australia?? Hormones sounds bad ugh

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Do you know if that is in Bloom Ultra the yellow bottle from australia?? Hormones sounds bad ugh

It is not named on my list but that does not mean it is safe. I just says hormones on the sheet but my guess is yes it is. As you can see there are quite a few on the list from Australia. Some of these products are Superbud (Australia), Phosphoload (Superbud rebranded, North America), Rock Juice (Australia), Flower Dragon (North America), Gravity (North America), Bushmaster (North America), Boonta Bud (UK), Rox (UK), Cyco Flower (Australia), Mega Bud (North America), Dr Nodes (renamed Mr No – North America), and Yield Masta/Sudden Impact (Australia and NZ).

ttystikk

ttystikk

I can confirm that chem strains like to herm. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Those who accuse of slacker growing most likely have a few in their grow closet of skeletons, too!

Automation is your friend, because you just found out the hard way what a lack of consistency looks like. Automate your light depo system so it is both consistent and fully dark.

Use lots of alfalfa in your teas in veg and the first 2 weeks of bloom, the pgr in it will help boost the speed of growth of your reinforcements. This naturally occurring, naturally sourced pgr- triacontanol- isn't like those listed above. Its safety record is good, especially when used from source material like the alfalfa it occurs in naturally.

Top Bottom