There's A First For Everything

• Thread starter Barricade
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Barricade

Ok, so with the changes in legality in Ca, and with work now not testing for thc, I've been tossing around the idea of starting my own grow. I'm super early in the planning stages and i want to be able to set this up for a perpetual harvest. From my understanding on this i would need two flower rooms and a veg room. I know most run shop lights in their veg rooms, but i read somewhere, or saw on youtube someone saying to run a perpetual where you're harvesting every month all your lights need to be the same wattage. I.e. 1k for everything and ditching the shop lights. I plan on doing this for a while and want to do it right the first time. I plan on the flower rooms to be 4x8 with a veg area large enough to supply the two flower rooms. Now, one of my questions is, obviously everyone wants to maximize yeilds. My understanding on this is the bigger the plant, the bigger the yeild in a nutshell? Obviously theres other factors, but is this a generally accepted statement? Next, i planned on running 2, 1000w lights per flower room. And either t12 or t8 for veg, if i have to i can run t5 or another 1k but would rather not. What can i get by with for veg to make what im trying to do feasable. What light/reflector/ballast combo would yall reccomend? I've been playing with either going with separate split ac systems for all areas or building a "lung box" for temp and air quality control to supply both rooms. What are your thoughts and experiences with something like this? This area is going to be in an uninsulated garage somewhere in the sierras. During the summer the temps can hit as high as 105 and definitely down to the 20s in winter. (Im just below the snow line). Would insulating ALL sides of the area be wise for both summer and winter to increase temp stability? What i mean by that is running r34 (or other number based on input from you guys) top, sides, and under the floor? Thanks for help and i really look forward to hearing responses.
--smoke a bowl and chill out, no need for ditch weed vibes--

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

My veg wattage is way less then my flower and I harvest 6-7 times a year. I also use LED's to veg and HPS and MH to flower. dunno if that helps but good luck!

B

Barricade

It may, you harvest once every two months it seems. How hard would it be for you to up that to harvest every month? That'd give me an idea on what i need to do.

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

well I'm limited by space, power, time etc. If I wanted go every month, I would need a second flower room at another 2000w of HID for which I would need another probably two LED panels for veg, I use the Nextlight veg8 panels- they are the best option imo, at 535$ each they pay for themselves over t5ho quick. no heat low power no new bulbs etc. so I would look at maybe three panels in veg for 2 rooms of flower at 2000w each.

B

Barricade

What would you say I'd need for running two rooms @ 2 1000w lights. My flower area is 4x8

Top Bottom