Throwback Thread....

• Thread starter Mr_GreenGenes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Well it's exactly what it says. This is the thread for any growers that have been growing long enough to remember what it was like BEFORE computers, the internet, digital cameras and phones. Yep, any of ya got any old polaroids etc feel free to post em up here.

I grew up on a 3000 acre working farm. We grew everything from melons to corn to okra, maters, sweet potatoes etc etc. When I turned 16 I decided to add herb to the list, that was 1983. My first cple seasons were def. a disappointment but my love for growin this plant kept me motivated to keep learning and growing.

I was digging through a cple of plastic bins that had lots of old papers and stuff and found these pics. These pics were dated Sept. 1990 and was my first grow after getting out of the Army. This was just some bagseed from some killer Mexcian that my bro-in-law brought back from the west coast, but to me at the time...was KILLER! This plant ended up topping out about 10 ft tall and I harvested enough off this and 4 others to last me the rest of the off-season. Sure wish I could go back with all I know now. MGG
Throwback thread

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Yup I'm there with you but a little older so have some great memories of the hippy's and bikers (me) would go back in a flash, get me some window pain and some thai stick put Cream on the turntable and turn on the black lights, and the woman Dam good times.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Should have included old polaroid pix in the title bro prolly woulda got some hits i seen a few old polaroid pix posted here at the farm not here and there i cant remember the threads tho!

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Yup I'm there with you but a little older so have some great memories of the hippy's and bikers (me) would go back in a flash, get me some window pain and some thai stick put Cream on the turntable and turn on the black lights, and the woman Dam good times.
Man Thai Stick and Window Pane...brings back some memories. The trip that was goin around the last time I dropped was some paper bullshit that was so weak I could have eaten a whole sheet and it done nothing but keep me up and kill my stomach. That window pane I could drop a quarter hit and go to the moon. Couldn't handle that shit now for nothing lol.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Should have included old polaroid pix in the title bro prolly woulda got some hits i seen a few old polaroid pix posted here at the farm not here and there i cant remember the threads tho!

You're probably right bro. Maybe there will be a few others that see this thread and have some old pics to share. MGG

squiggly

squiggly

For as young as I am, I did complete a single grow before the age of the internet.

I don't have any pics but I do have a funny story to go with it.

So my guy calls me up and asks me if I want a pot plant (I think I was 13-14), he was an older dude around 17-18 at the time. I think he had it at his GF's mom's house and she made him get rid of it. So I get a ride to the house in a Talon TSi (tin-can of a car), and the thing is so big that we have to drive with it sticking out of the window to get it back to my place. So we threw a blanket on the thing and off we went. Along the way we're dropping premature buds and pot leaves all over the roadway, I'm sure more than a few people happened across the morsels we left behind.

We get it back to my place and I put it in my backyard. I just watered it with the hose (had no knowledge of the time of feeding plants or what-have-you), and it yielded some of the most tasteless bud ever. That shit got you high though and it was nice and dense.

Oh, memories.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Hahaha nice Squiggly...funny shit man. I can imagine it now...HILAROUS man. MGG

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Love it bro. Love seein the flag representin for the southern boys haha. I was just one state over from you man...you got a few years on me though haha. Killer pics man! MGG

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Love it bro. Love seein the flag representin for the southern boys haha. I was just one state over from you man...you got a few years on me though haha. Killer pics man! MGG

I was a California Yankee,
I used that flag as a tarp.

"They" all loved that flag,
even the few black guys I knew in the mountains;
the not-so-few black guys down in the chain gang--
not so much...

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

No old pics bro.. But back in the early 70's.. I tossed some bag seeds behind my grams house.. I went over for sunday dinner, and the plants were gone.. I went inside, and grams asks me in italian.. What, you think I'm stupid? I said no Nana.. She smiled and served me the best cheese raviolis, and meatballs in chicago.. Man I would pay big bucks for a meal like that again.. I miss you gramma..

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Hahaha...cool story bro. Love those Sunday meals. You weren't pullin the wool over ol grammas eyes DP. Reminds me of my Mom finding my stash when I was prob 15-16. Came home from a long day at school and working on the farm.... went to get the sack and roll a J... it was gone. Peeked around the corner and asked my mom if she had been in my room...her response was "why, what are you looking for?' I knew that shit was gone, never to be seen again haha. MGG

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter

I've been listening to the new Dave's Picks release.
Definitely representin for the southern boys;
and girls.

I had 2 tickets to that show--
but I got busted on September 25...

DP

[here's a bit of flavor from the evening]:
https://archive.org/details/gd80-11-30.sbd-aud.sacks.2416.sbeok.shnf

Top Bottom