Time To Flip?

• Thread starter Medigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medigrow

Medigrow

you know mother plant need to be feed differently because they are going to be around for some time - know one grower that kept his mother for 1 year pull the effected leave's off it's normal for lower leaves to show signs of an issue - if concerned about that you need to flush Remember once you see an plant issue you are all ready 2 weeks behind in fixing it

I know, not the same media/room =) But since using RO water, I have to supplement with calmag, which I didn't knew at the time :D

Medigrow

Medigrow

@hawkman Something like that I should finish? Damn, that water level is a pain in the ass...

Underhoodjob001
Underhoodjob002
H

hawkman

First if this is a scrog grow one has to remove all leaves, ect below the 1st netting (yes completely clean) becuse you want the growth to go to the tops. over crowding can result in loss yields;; plant need 2.5 feet of space (rule of thumb) Man you are doing just fine you will grow your self out of this We all learn something new after each grow that why our next grow is all ways better than oir last !!
@hawkman Something like that I should finish? Damn, that water level is a pain in the ass...
you
Yes remove them ! 1st - clean the bottoms of the plant - 2nd remove fan leaves that serve no purpose no need to have fan leaves on the bottom 1/4 of the plant . take no more than 6 - 7 (or less) leaves at a time per plant to avoid, stress we are doing it this way because you are at day 21 and in another 8 days you will remove all fan leaves that block your buds (heavy defoliation)
so after you will have weeks 2 weeks (5-6) of aggressive bloom stage (could use a good nute with high levels of "K" ) the n flush for two weeks If you want your buds to really explode in growth do this : in week six of flower remove all fan leaves which will leave just buds and their sugar leaves. In this final 2 weeks the plant is using all extra nutrients left in the plant a long with flushing the salts out your buds will double in size !!!!!! I forget the name of what that us called about removing fan leaves at end if grow (will get the information and name of it and what is's called hope this helps - hope you can understand it - stuff

H

hawkman

Yea remove them circled - you will get the hang if it but watch out many over do it which results in small plants,ect

Medigrow

Medigrow

Well, same issue with both systems... Higher water level on the epi bucket side and lower at the opposite, where the water pump is.. I don't know what can causes this, I took a look at every holes and nothing is blocked... Yes roots there is but well.. Nothing to block... Maybe a water pump too strong? Make no sense since gravity should put the water level equally but well, I tend over this explanation, I will stop the water pump for few minutes and see if the EPI bucket's level gets lower.

Will reply to other posts shortly, have some visit over ! :)

Medigrow

Medigrow

Yea remove them circled - you will get the hang if it but watch out many over do it which results in small plants,ect

but quick reply,can I can prune at day 21 or it brings too much stress? I can see some low shit under the canopy that I'd like to rip off but well.. Afraid of too much stress in the stretch period.
I'm asking this because on the "internet" we can find different answer... Prune yes, before week 2, no you can't, yes to defoliation, no, another guy posted a side by side defoliation and control group yielded more.. So... A bit confuse, I think I will prune one side and see how it behaves vs the other side :)

ty :)

Last edited:
Medigrow

Medigrow

Affirmative, as soon as I stop the water pump, the water's level of the epi bucket go lower... I'm wondering if the pump is too powerful or too many roots in the way.

H

hawkman

but quick reply,can I can prune at day 21 or it brings too much stress? I can see some low shit under the canopy that I'd like to rip off but well.. Afraid of too much stress in the stretch period.
I'm asking this because on the "internet" we can find different answer... Prune yes, before week 2, no you can't, yes to defoliation, no, another guy posted a side by side defoliation and control group yielded more.. So... A bit confuse, I think I will prune one side and see how it behaves vs the other side :)

ty :)

any time one pulls leaves , ect it causes stress - so if you have to pull some leaves now - BY all eans do so about 4-5 at a time causes very little stress - feed lightly after you take from your plant

H

hawkman

Well, same issue with both systems... Higher water level on the epi bucket side and lower at the opposite, where the water pump is.. I don't know what can causes this, I took a look at every holes and nothing is blocked... Yes roots there is but well.. Nothing to block... Maybe a water pump too strong? Make no sense since gravity should put the water level equally but well, I tend over this explanation, I will stop the water pump for few minutes and see if the EPI bucket's level gets lower.

sorry to hear that -

were did you get system /pump as them ? Just thinking ??????????? generally if a pump doesn't perform ; keep water levels even then the pump might be to low system ---(here is a silly thing - -place pump in the middle of your plant's line up (10 plants place pump at container 5) just thinking crazy !!!!!!!!! (holes in bucket to small )

Last edited:
H

hawkman

ever hear of "schwazzing" ? it's a defoliation method. I use a little of this method since we are talking about pruning, ect So once in flush and when I have only 4 days to go before harvest I pull ALL the fan leaves off this promotes terpene'. essential oil and bud size . The entire method (schwazzing" is a bit extreme for me) but taking fan leaves off before harvest (4 days) it has worked for me in improving bud size Consider doing a plant next harvest may be a side-by-side - --------- food for thought !!

Medigrow

Medigrow

any time one pulls leaves , ect it causes stress - so if you have to pull some leaves now - BY all eans do so about 4-5 at a time causes very little stress - feed lightly after you take from your plant

Don't need to fed after.. RDWC ;)

Medigrow

Medigrow

sorry to hear that -

were did you get system /pump as them ? Just thinking ??????????? generally if a pump doesn't perform ; keep water levels even then the pump might be to low system ---(here is a silly thing - -place pump in the middle of your plant's line up (10 plants place pump at container 5) just thinking crazy !!!!!!!!! (holes in bucket to small )

DIY stuff baby! :) I ordered piece by piece, cost a fraction of the price of a CC's one. 1.5" pipe is not enough I think, I will try another pump in few days to see how it goes, 300-400gph would be enough, there's a 600gph at the moment. Should be fine but the girls are top shape, all praying :D

Medigrow

Medigrow

ever hear of "schwazzing" ? it's a defoliation method. I use a little of this method since we are talking about pruning, ect So once in flush and when I have only 4 days to go before harvest I pull ALL the fan leaves off this promotes terpene'. essential oil and bud size . The entire method (schwazzing" is a bit extreme for me) but taking fan leaves off before harvest (4 days) it has worked for me in improving bud size Consider doing a plant next harvest may be a side-by-side - --------- food for thought !!

I will try one side using that technique and the other one, let it finish without removing leaves. I'll see how it goes!

Thank you for your feedback!

And sorry for late reply, was kinda outside my head over the last few days.

Medigrow

Medigrow

Just cleaned barely everything under the trellis! Prior day 21 but well...

I could quote Holly Cole... I can see clearly now... eheh

I'll post some pictures soon!

N

NZweedTHC

hey all! :)

This is my first grow and I'm not 100% sure when to flip.. Do you think it's time to flip or better to wait few more days?

Just to make sure, I have 2 trellis installed... The higher one... I don't know if I will need it but well, fully adjustable so don't get confused by the picture... Damn mobile, hard to take a wide angle picture :(

Thank you! =)

edit: forgot to mention, mainly indica strain.
I flick a lot earlier lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom