Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Too Much Nutes?

Discussion in 'Nutrients and Fertilizers' started by Mr.jiujitsu, Jun 11, 2018.

What do you think it is?

1. Nutrient issues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ph issues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mites

60.0%
  4. Other

40.0%
  1. At first I was worried I had notes, but really not all that likely, so I’m thinking some how it ended up with too much nutrients. Thoughts? 198B38D5-3684-43B3-B4AE-7769E4DD7B2C.jpeg

D12C821C-B000-4331-9EAB-D103997264B8.jpeg

A225F2F5-92F7-4B4C-B218-38CFB1E249C6.jpeg

60172B62-7F81-4059-B21E-C0052F74C8CA.jpeg

I’m just starting week two (so it has been week one) of this botanicare set. I also just start spraying with pure crop1. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. I have another one with just light curling but over all everything else is looking pretty good. I try and be good about making my ph Around 6.3-65 inside, outside I don’t do much aside from the nutrients and it’s probably close to 6.8range. Most plants are doing amazing. Maybe this one ended up with a little too much peat in the soil mix and then with the added nutrients it’s causing some issues?

image.jpg

Or mites. Never had to deal
    With them, although I have had this issue before, last year at the end of the season but only on a few plants.

2. Looks like dreaded russet/broad/cyclamen mites if it's not a heat and wind burn issue/arid environment issue. I'd scope under those leaves with at least 100x magnification to rule out mites and go from there. Hope you get this down.

heisenbubble, GT21 and CrimsonEcho like this.
  3. I have been wrong on this one before but in that case it was a clean grow room on its first run with sterile equipments and so on.
    I think broad or russet mites.

Mr.jiujitsu and Toaster79 like this.
  4. They where started from seed in clean new grow room, first run. Now outside.

5. When did you put them out? How many days ago?

Mr.jiujitsu likes this.
  6. And the issue started after they were put out? For how long have they been outside?

Mr.jiujitsu and CrimsonEcho like this.
  7. Actually started before they went out. Hasn’t gotten better but I started feeding them more and stopped monitoring ph (I know I’m bad but never have and when I checked a couple of time it was near perfect) they have been outside since May 29.

CrimsonEcho likes this.
  8. Now there are deficiencies which are clearly there and probably caused by lockout due to ph or something but that tacoing is something else imo.

Toaster79 and Mr.jiujitsu like this.
  9. It’s early enough I could use somthing, what’s best for mites? Just hit the entire garden and nuke the fuckers. I’ll have to evacuate the indoor setup and add them all to the outdoor garden while I treat and bleach the tents. Ton of work, guess I’ll order a microscope, what’s a cheap one that people use? What else aside from
    Mites and high temp can cause this?

CrimsonEcho likes this.
  10. Dunno, could also be issues in root zone. But whatever you do, rule out mites first before you go medieval on your garden.

GT21, Ina, Mr.jiujitsu and 1 other person like this.
  11. You could get a cheap usb scope off amazon for like $20 and hook it up to your smartphone.

GT21, Mr.jiujitsu and CrimsonEcho like this.
  12. I looked at those, so they work? Anyone have one they recommend?

GT21 and Toaster79 like this.
  13. They are a bitch to stabilise but they work i have a celestron one i think. I can recommend it, its pretty nice for the price and that rhymes :D

14. GT21 and Toaster79 like this.
  15. I got this one

usb-mikroskop-dnt-5-mio-pixel-digitale-vergroesserung-max-150-x.jpg

Paid $60 and its 5mpx and 400x but the one you posted should do just fine for IDing bugs that small. I got used to hold the scope and the plant with the same hand and set the focus while watching on the screen of my phone, so when my hand shakes those two shake with it. Picture gets much less blurry this way.

GT21, Ina, CrimsonEcho and 1 other person like this.
  16. Yeah for 42$ it seems cheap enough and should give me another tool that I probably should already have on hand. Thursday evening I should know if I have bugs. Fingers crossed that’s not the case, but would much rather tackle it now then during flowering or see them hit my entire garden

GT21, Toaster79 and CrimsonEcho like this.

17. 15327144156238.jpg 15327144420140.jpg 15327144626284.jpg 15327144820573.jpg 15327144932461.jpg

Works like a charm

GT21, Ina, CrimsonEcho and 1 other person like this.

18. I hope the one I ordered works that well. I liked the WiFi connectivity

19. No1up

No1up

Mine looked like that when it got really hot... not an exoert or anything, just my observation.

20. Guess we are still waiting for the answer.

I just had 2 plants show a similar leaf curl but mostly on the big fan leaves. They eventually went necrotic from the bottom of the plant up.

It happened during transition as the ocean forest was depleted of nutrients and I started adding nutes.

I thought I fed too early and switched back to water only but it progressed fast.

I believe the growroom was hotter than I realized going into summer and it is the result of light stress and calcium or mag uptake.

Both plants have bad damage but are growing big buds now from regular feeding. The necrosis has stopped.

Hot root zone?

This is when it started. They curled into “tubes” soon after.

329A01D5-7185-4AE1-BFC3-1F4B6948D48A.jpeg

7986F76C-4B82-41AC-967F-22290840E6E6.jpeg

Looking now I guess calcium deficiency leading to mag lockout.

Toaster79 likes this.