Topping, Low Stress Training, And Defoliation?

• Thread starter LeafThelotkd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LeafThelotkd

So this is my first time experimenting with plants of my own, by myself. Ive done plenty of work for and with people, other growers, but now Im on my own. Ha..
So my question is;
In regards to LST and topping;
So I transplanted yesterday out of 1 gallon pots into 10gal. (Ive heard not the most recommendable jump, but its what I have available.) And fed with Fox Farm Marine Cuisine (Ref: ).
I watered them in and made sure they were a nice proximity to the light, and trained them. I was wondering if I should now top my highest rising terminal buds (cola), or leave them be. From what I understand, topping a bit after transplanting is most ideal for it allots ample time to allow recovery from the stresses of transplanting.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
personally, i never top. i understand that for some styles of growing it's done, but i grow trees.
however, the stress concept is the same throughout all styles of growing. less stress is better than more stress. no stress produces the best product. transplanting and topping are stress, i wouldn't do them close to each other.
defoliation? if a leaf is green it's working and working is a good thing for your plant.

below frigid

below frigid

Your using the term cola and bud. If you have actual buds forming do not top.

below frigid

below frigid

I do take the small stuff that turns into popcorn nearest the main stalk. Less work later and opens up some airflow in the middle of the plant. Mine are large outdoor plants. I try to leave the big sun leaves alone but do take off the ones hanging in the dirt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom