Trainwreck- from the start

• Thread starter TheTommyK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheTommyK

TheTommyK

I bought some Trainwreck seeds from Green House seeds and I am going to document my newest grow from the start.

I am an intermediate grower who has been growing for a few years now. I am going to ad this new strain to my repertoire.

I am currently growing Bubba Kush, Juicy Fruit and a sativa I call Rolling Stone (a clone of an unknown mother from a dude of CL)

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

DSC 0232

Here is the pack

DSC 0195

I use the paper towel method: Place the seeds in a half piece of paper towel, wet the PT enough to be damp, place the seeds on the PT, fold it in half and place it inside a ZipLock bag. I placed the almost airtight ziplock back under my cloning lights (a bacnk of 5 CFLs)

DSC 0196

1 Day later

DSC 0197

2 Days later
DSC 0205

3 days later ..... time to plant!!

DSC 0210

All have sprouted and busted outa their helmets ...

DSC 0213

I have preped 5, 4" pots that will serve to grow these ladies until they are ready to plant in their permanent pot. This is PRO MIX with 6.0 pH water.
DSC 0214

Here is TW 3 of 5 ready ...

DSC 0215

poke a hole 1" deep ....

DSC 0216

said hole ....
DSC 0220

plant the sprout ***** WITH EXTREME CAUTION*** ....they are super delicate

DSC 0221

pack the moist soil around and over the tap root started

DSC 0224

Rinse and repeat!!!!

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

one started to wither today .... completely unexpected. sad new friends, ...... SAD news.

vaporedout

vaporedout

one started to wither today .... completely unexpected. sad new friends, ...... SAD news.

i hate that, and for no reason usually :( i see your grow diaries are as detailed as your cloning ones ;) i can appreciate that, i wish i saw more of those when i was starting out, i wasnt even aware of this site when i first started. OHhhh, TRAINWRECK is one of my wife and I favorite strain!!! we have one going outback along with a lemon trainwreck. cant wait to see things get moving!!

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

sigh .... thanks.
I have 5 autos going as well and one did the same thing. The autos were in a widow sill and the TW were in my VEG room. after the auto wilted, I supported the others with pipe cleaners, and then thought, for good measures, .... the Train Wreck as well. only to find it wilted today ..... thoughts?

I have other strains and know that they have unique traits about them ... bubba kush takes 5 weeks + in veg and my Sativa (something a i call rolling Stone ... cause I am not sure what it is exactly .... its a haze I think) grows super tall indoors.

I am looking for any advice or posts specifically on Train Wreck .... any thoughts?

vaporedout

vaporedout

mine all came from clones and were N deficient but theyre fine now, are they getting over watered?

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

DSC 0291

the pipe cleaners are just an open loop .... not tight around the stem

Swany

Swany

the local nursery or hardware store would have inexpensive soil moisture testers, if you're unsure about how much water to give them. I'm no expert, as you know. From what I gather you water, let it mostly dry out then water again with grown plants. Is it similar with starts? And i would bet you're watering them all the same.... how come only one lays down? Growl.

vaporedout

vaporedout

those look like plastic pots, not clay right?? clay pots can be decieving on weight. id let them pretty much dry out if it was my plants. let the roots get some air. one of the first things i learned about cloning is not to drench the pellets, roots need air to live, so let that soil dry :)

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Just a suggestion, I would try and clean up that area a little better. Cover your rusty shelves with some white plastic or something. Then I'd get a seedling heat mat to try and dry those girls out a bit.

Top Bottom