Transplanted Seedling Into Bigger Pot - When To Start Feed?

• Thread starter somethingwit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
somethingwit

somethingwit

Forgive me if my format is out of the norm on this forum. Just like Joe Dirt, "I'm new! I don't know what to do!"

Anyway. I am doing a "test" grow as I am getting in more and more of my equipment. Just to get the feel of things, and some things to look for along the way before I get serious on the first official grow.

I am doing an indoor grow using a 2.5' X 2.5' X 6' HydroCrunch grow tent. I started out with soil, and using a hodge podge of seeds of different strains from friends, so I have no idea what strains are in there.

Anyway, the seeds were germinated, and put into the Jiffy pots and reared until they had the first set of leaves after the embryonic puller leaves. Gave them a few more days like that, and then transplanted the seedlings into bigger pots. Now, they are at the stage of what I wold call starting the vegetative growth. Working on their second and third set of leaves so far.

Would this be considered "vegetative" stage?

And also, since I am using soil right now, do I just mix the Floragrow that I have with water in the proper amounts, mix, water each plant, or do I just give them the nutrient solution once a week, and use regular water as needing throughout the rest of the week?

Thank for putting up with a noob question.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Forgive me if my format is out of the norm on this forum. Just like Joe Dirt, "I'm new! I don't know what to do!"

Anyway. I am doing a "test" grow as I am getting in more and more of my equipment. Just to get the feel of things, and some things to look for along the way before I get serious on the first official grow.

I am doing an indoor grow using a 2.5' X 2.5' X 6' HydroCrunch grow tent. I started out with soil, and using a hodge podge of seeds of different strains from friends, so I have no idea what strains are in there.

Anyway, the seeds were germinated, and put into the Jiffy pots and reared until they had the first set of leaves after the embryonic puller leaves. Gave them a few more days like that, and then transplanted the seedlings into bigger pots. Now, they are at the stage of what I wold call starting the vegetative growth. Working on their second and third set of leaves so far.

Would this be considered "vegetative" stage?

And also, since I am using soil right now, do I just mix the Floragrow that I have with water in the proper amounts, mix, water each plant, or do I just give them the nutrient solution once a week, and use regular water as needing throughout the rest of the week?

Thank for putting up with a noob question.
What kind of soil?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Soil Brand: Nature's Care Organic & Natural Potting Mix (with WaterConserve)
N (nitrogen)- 0.15%
P2O5 (phosphate) - .13%
K2O (potash) - .15%
Ca (Calcium) - 0.03%

Any other intel you need?
I don’t use bottles but @G gnome can help. And he is kidding :D

somethingwit

somethingwit

Its basically just unfertilized. I don’t use bottles but @G gnome can help. And he is kidding

Can you elaborate on that? No joke, dude. It is emberassing to say, but I am still learning the lingo of things. Even though I have picked up a few books on growing lol.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Can you elaborate on that? No joke, dude. It is emberassing to say, but I am still learning the lingo of things. Even though I have picked up a few books on growing lol.
I delete the first part. I build my own soil. That was a mistake to say unfertilized, npk values are low so you will need to supplement some nutes, but i don’t know whats in your soil, micros and trace elements could be there. And @G gnome gets like this once in a while, what can you do :D

Last edited:
Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Your probaly don't need any nutes for 2-3 weeks IMO. But when you do start at quarter streangth and work you way up your plants will tell you man.my advice is read read and possibly do some more reading. I've ben growing for about 6 years and still learn and make small mistake all the time . Best of luck on your grow .

somethingwit

somethingwit

I delete the first part. I build my own soil. That was a mistake to say unfertilized npk values are really low so you will need to supplemet

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Awesome info there. So, since I will need to supplement, I will need to go ahead and mix a nutrient in with water. Right now, what I have is Floragrow, which I'm guessing is for the vegatative phase. Or since these pants are basically seedlings, or whatever they are called, once they are transplanted into a bigger plant, go ahead with mixing the nutrients with the water and start feeding them that?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Awesome info there. So, since I will need to supplement, I will need to go ahead and mix a nutrient in with water. Right now, what I have is Floragrow, which I'm guessing is for the vegatative phase. Or since these pants are basically seedlings, or whatever they are called, once they are transplanted into a bigger plant, go ahead with mixing the nutrients with the water and start feeding them that?
Pics would be nice. Yeah “grow” nutes are for vegetative, “bloom” nutes are for flowering. Also it would be best to ph at 6.8 with bottled nutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom