Trees and Aero

• Thread starter tree farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tree farmer

welcome farmers. i dont see much aero here but you got love the trees here. Ive been into aero a very long time most of it geared toward single plant units. ive recently built a new machine to test out high pressure aero with trees. this is my first run with the system so be tender im still trying to dial it in.

Alot of people think larger and aero cant be done but ive been at it since OG days off and on. you do have to be a little techno savey to run high pressure aero but ive had some pretty large trees with low pressure that most anyone could do.

I know DWC and RDWC rule here but at least i have some fellow tree growers to relate to. Ive included some shots of the system currently being tested and the first girls to see it. thier starting the 7 week in the pics.

Some root shots to show that these systems can really produce the roots. those are 22 gallon containers and there pretty well full. these girls only see 1.5 gallons of solution aday thru the misters. and only 650 ppm. thier very effiecient at uptake with the fine root hairs.

There not big trees but i kept them small to test the system out and it was good i did as the roots would have choked the misters off if i would have gone bigger. There 30-32 inches tall. Ive got some larger chambers for the trees in mind.

Well if your into aero and want to know about the system ask away.

Trees and aero
Trees and aero 2
Trees and aero 3
Trees and aero 4
Trees and aero 5
Trees and aero 6
Trees and aero 7
winta

winta

wow those are some monsters! im thinkin of goin aero to flower because it is so explosive. what type of nutes work well with this system?

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Im so glad somebody is growing trees in aero. I was doubtful that it couldnt be done. I have looked all over and never found anyone growing large trees with aero. Your setup looks sick but it looks somewhat complicated. From what Ive read aeroponics has the fastest growth rates out of all hydro systems but yet its not widely used and the ones that do it grow multiple small plants and acheive great yields.

Hey can you check out my thread I started here about a local co. who has designed an all in one aeroponic system and let me know if this system can go trees or not?
Here is the link

R

Rolln J

wow - nice to see you started a thread - that system is tits! very impressed with your aero - that is an incredibly efficient use of nutes - again welcome to the farm!

now THAT is a grow lab! more pix plz - lol

I bet this thread is gonna take off!

T

tree farmer

wow those are some monsters! im thinkin of goin aero to flower because it is so explosive. what type of nutes work well with this system?

ive always used GH nutes for all my low pressure aero systems so i used them on this system also but im going to switch to Canna substra i think cause the GH isnt really designed for DTW which this system is set up for.

T

tree farmer

Im so glad somebody is growing trees in aero. I was doubtful that it couldnt be done. I have looked all over and never found anyone growing large trees with aero. Your setup looks sick but it looks somewhat complicated. From what Ive read aeroponics has the fastest growth rates out of all hydro systems but yet its not widely used and the ones that do it grow multiple small plants and acheive great yields.

Hey can you check out my thread I started here about a local co. who has designed an all in one aeroponic system and let me know if this system can go trees or not?
Here is the link

i saw your post earlier when i was looking for any aero posts here. the thing that most people dont understand about aero is there are 2 types of aero systems. High pressure sub 50 micron and every other type of spray aero system from constant spray high flow to low flow intermitant spray. everything in the greater than 50 micron spray is what everyone considers aero. so when manufactures and diy say aero thats what thier refering to. You can grow trees with those systems if you design them right and get great results (i have). youll never get roots like ive pictured here but ive had some 3lb with low pressure aero systems ive built.

im sorry to say that the system you show isnt really designed for large trees even though it could grow some great smaller girls if you dial it in. its a typical tube aero, nft ,shallow water recurculating water culture. system.

Even low pressure aero systems for trees need about 20 gallon of space for the roots on each plant. Now ive learned from this first run with the High pressure aero that 20 gallons wont be big enough for the bigger trees, not enough room for the fluffy expansive root growth.

T

tree farmer

wow - nice to see you started a thread - that system is tits! very impressed with your aero - that is an incredibly efficient use of nutes - again welcome to the farm!

now THAT is a grow lab! more pix plz - lol

I bet this thread is gonna take off!

lets not be talking labs. lol !!!! gives the wrong impression

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Welcome to the farm tree farmer. That's one frekin' amazing setup you have there... Wow!?!?!:) :character0180: Trying to distill it in my mind... In picture 2 from left to right. Is that a cycle timer and then a well pump pressure switch with a pressure gauge next to it? The timer connects from a solenoid valves that runs through a filter than the foggers? luv the high tech containers. Are they septic tanks from an rv? The way you have them insulated and medi. white they look like something they would transport organs in...LOL Your girls look super healthy too. very insulated. Do you run a chiller? Looking at the gauge; is the system run at 85psi? Sorry for all the questions.

*subscribed*

T

tree farmer

What do you think of the atomix system?

i almost built one before decieding to go with the pump pressuized nozzels i now have. Reason i did was all my other systems were pump based and i figured it would be easier to learn the HP aero side than have to learn the HP aero side and the air assisted side. i really think air assited nozzels would be easier to manage as its easier to move air around than it is pressurized solution. the pressures on this pump based system are 80-100psi.

i think when i get the time i might build an atomix as ive already done all the research into the nozzels specs and the atomix layout. they would be expensive to build but this one wasnt cheap either.

R

Rolln J

What do you think of the atomix system?

I dont think thats much of a tree type system dr - maybe one plant per tube - with trees you need vertical lighting and those are all too close together for that...

T

tree farmer

Welcome to the farm tree farmer. That's one frekin' amazing setup you have there... Wow!?!?!:) :character0180: Trying to distill it in my mind... In picture 2 from left to right. Is that a cycle timer and then a well pump pressure switch with a pressure gauge next to it? The timer connects from a solenoid valves that runs through a filter than the foggers? luv the high tech containers. Are they septic tanks from an rv? The way you have them insulated and medi. white they look like something they would transport organs in...LOL Your girls look super healthy too. very insulated. Do you run a chiller? Looking at the gauge; is the system run at 85psi? Sorry for all the questions.

*subscribed*
you must know a few things about this stuff since you can identify the parts.
yes its a cycle timer connected to a solenoid valve that releases nutrient solution from the pressurized accumulator tank and fires it to the nozzels thru a 1 micron filter. they currently get 2 second bursts every 10 minutes lights on and 2 seconds every 30 minutes light out. the chambers are utility sinks i modified and insulated and put on wheels. no chiller. nute stay 66 in res outside room and chambers average about 69 lights on. system runs 80-100psi. i can operate it to 125 psi but thats the limit on the tank.

T

tree farmer

I dont think thats much of a tree type system dr - maybe one plant per tube - with trees you need vertical lighting and those are all too close together for that...

i heard the atomix went out of business. i think you could use one for a tree if you put a different lid on it. but they were asking way to much for those things. you can buy nozzels that do what those do for 100 bucks. of coarse a good air compressor will set you back but nothing says you couldnt use a non silent type to fire the nozzels if circumstances allowed it(thus saving alot of money). it still wouldnt be cheap but not nearly the money they wanted for them.

Dalonewolf

Dalonewolf

I have been thinking about air assisted for a long time now and have had picked up the majority of components. I'm thinking of putting a different twist on mine though.I have a couple questions that maybe you can answer in a pm if you do not mind.Great job

T

tree farmer

I have been thinking about air assisted for a long time now and have had picked up the majority of components. I'm thinking of putting a different twist on mine though.I have a couple questions that maybe you can answer in a pm if you do not mind.Great job

i cant PM yet. not enough posts. hell i cant even post yet without getting them approved first. i guess you need 10 posts. not complaining just stating the facts.

anyway i think its always nice if possible to put the info out for everyone so if your comfortable post it up and ill chime in.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Can you list all the components involved to build this system and is there anywhere on the internet that has tutorial of someone putting this together? Ive been reading your threads over at rollitup, I'm trying to get a better understanding of how this system works.

So your saying I wouldnt be able to grow large trees in lp aero tube system even if I put one plant in a 5 ft x 6 inch aero tube? Your answer will help me decide whether or not I decide to buy that aero system, I'm supposed to be picking that system up on saturday. Thanks for your help.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I'm watchin' this one, cause aero and trees is something I've been head scratchin....thanks much for sharing

J

Jalisco Kid

I tried a higher pressure system but the noise drove me away. That and I have found a lower pressure sys is more reliable with the mist heads.If you feel yours is not noisy I would like the model number. I even tried a small one for a pressure washer for another misting sys I am working on and it was too noisy. At 40 psi I can still get a nice fog going on in my GM's.
I love seeing others work. I like how we start off going from A to B to get C. I like to see different methods to get to bud. Is this your first sys or is this ver.3.98. It took me a while before I felt my design was complete.Well I wish you a lifetime of killer trees with your tanks. Suerte JK

T

tree farmer

Can you list all the components involved to build this system and is there anywhere on the internet that has tutorial of someone putting this together? Ive been reading your threads over at rollitup, I'm trying to get a better understanding of how this system works.

So your saying I wouldnt be able to grow large trees in lp aero tube system even if I put one plant in a 5 ft x 6 inch aero tube? Your answer will help me decide whether or not I decide to buy that aero system, I'm supposed to be picking that system up on saturday. Thanks for your help.

brother i have never tryed tubes but if you look at the cubic feet of one of those tubes its only ruffly2 cubic ft or less. then think 20 gallon which is around 5 cubic feet. i always used twenty gallon for lp trees and although they didnt fill up the hieght volume completly the roots mat alot with LP and need room to spread out or else the mat gets to thick and you have to have alot of flow going thru the mat to keep it healthy. so if you have a bigger area your able to do misting intervals which in my opinion gives aero its results. Now Hp aero works in a whole different manner than low pressure. both are good just different in the way you have to approach the root zone.

unforutantly there is no tutorial for these systems. i can echo the sentiments of the guy who stated earlier "ive looked and never found anyone doing trees with aero"

the thread at RIU although long covers most everything youd need as far as components. i know it is some what confusing but look at the pics of the setup and just follow thru the flow of things.

I hope you dont base your decicions on just what i say concerning your buying that system. Im just more of a DIY guy but realize thats not for everyone.

T

tree farmer

I tried a higher pressure system but the noise drove me away. That and I have found a lower pressure sys is more reliable with the mist heads.If you feel yours is not noisy I would like the model number. I even tried a small one for a pressure washer for another misting sys I am working on and it was too noisy. At 40 psi I can still get a nice fog going on in my GM's.
I love seeing others work. I like how we start off going from A to B to get C. I like to see different methods to get to bud. Is this your first sys or is this ver.3.98. It took me a while before I felt my design was complete.Well I wish you a lifetime of killer trees with your tanks. Suerte JK

Are you the same dude from OG days. ill post up some pics of what i did with the pump and what i did to tame it. i got run for awhile now though.

Top Bottom