Trichrome Sap ????

• Thread starter LEDhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDhead

LEDhead

A buddy has NL going and it has what looks like CLEAR balls of hard sap on the stems is this enlarged trich sap ??? Or anyone ever seen this? I'll try to get a good pic of it

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Yep,
Had it before on some dj short blue moonshine. It was like random drops of tree sap coming down the sides of the buds. Delicious.

-TF

LEDhead

LEDhead

Here's a pic anyone know why it does this ?
http://i133.invalid.com/albums/q69/odogg_mia/f7d8eacd.jpg

dextr0

dextr0

Guttation

Guttation is the appearance of drops of xylem sap on the tips or edges of leaves of some vascular plants, such as grasses. Guttation is not to be confused with dew, which condenses from the atmosphere onto the plant surface.
Process

At night, transpiration usually does not occur because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude through special leaf tip or edge structures, hydathodes, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational pull.
Chemical content

Guttation fluid may contain a variety of organic and inorganic compounds, mainly sugars, and mineral nutrients, and potassium. On drying, a white crust remains on the leaf surface.
Analysis

If high levels of nitrogen appear in the fluid, it is a sign of fertilizer burn[citation needed]. Excess nitrogen must be leached from the soil by addition of large quantities of water. This may result in water pollution, but is the best way to restore soil fertility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guttation

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

That is different than what I had. Mine were from the trichromes on the buds themselves.

-TF

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Mine were pure resin sap. Kinda light golden. Right at the last week or two before pick.

-TF

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Yeah my purple headknocker had this stuff all over the buds . It was golden and it taste like sugar.

S

spinkus

Had this happen with a blueberry plant

Happened on the buds and it was a red sap, very sweet too

l was feeding just sucanat and water at the time, around day 56ish, so l just figured it was from the extra carbs/sugars

Also it was in the winter when my soil/coco moisture level is higher, it always takes longer for them to dry out in the winter. So dextr0 and his guttation explanation makes sense

l've had some whiteish sap on the stems of some plants since then but nothing like this red, sugary sap that was coming out of these blueberry buds. Pretty neat actually

Thanks for the info dextr0

Latest posts

Top Bottom