• Female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Male

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
H

Hapchu

Hello again!

Today i noticed that one of my plants, the oldest one, developed some strange purple-ish stains, just like bruises. Since I'm new to this I tried to find an answer online but it confused me even more. It seems like there might be more possible problems and I can't figure out exactly which one is mine. Hopefully there's someone out here who knows what to do. Thanks

PS: I'm also having trouble telling whether it's a male or female, so far I'm positive it's a female but then again, I'm new to this and might be 100% wrong xD

Turning purple
Turning purple 2
Turning purple 3
Turning purple 4
Turning purple 5
Dan789

Dan789

I missed how old your plant is? , not sure if the purplish swatches on your stem is something to be concerned with, plants look good overall, maybe a little stretchy if anything.

H

Hapchu

I missed how old your plant is? , not sure if the purplish swatches on your stem is something to be concerned with, plants look good overall, maybe a little stretchy if anything.

Well the age is the weird part, she is about 2 months give or take-ish. As for the weird part, you could say she is the equivalent of an "accident" when it comes to children ha ha, her seed was planted out of curiosity, i didn't expect her to actually grow (that's y i'm not sure about the female / male thing too). Also worth mentioning, she had her first 2 nutrient meals the past 2 weeks, the nutrient has a 8-3-4 NPK.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Purple main stem could be a hair to cold on temps, or low Phosphorus uptake (which is also effected by colder temps).

IMO, the plant is too small to tell sex yet. If the purple continues, and the temps are in range (75-80*f lights on / 65*f off) you could up the nutes a little (50 ppm) and see how she responds.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I wouldnt worry to much about the little bit of purple on your stem. Overall plants looks healthy small but healthy

Grimmstone

Grimmstone

Purple main stem could be a hair to cold on temps, or low Phosphorus uptake (which is also effected by colder temps).

IMO, the plant is too small to tell sex yet. If the purple continues, and the temps are in range (75-80*f lights on / 65*f off) you could up the nutes a little (50 ppm) and see how she responds.
I agree with enforcer. Cold or phosphorus and also agree you’ll have to wait a little longer to find out sex. If you didn’t feed for the first month and a half I’m guessing might be a nutrient issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom