Twisted And Yellowing Leaves In Aeroponics

• Thread starter Thctrooper90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thctrooper90

Hi im just into bloom. Started about the last week of veg. Im growing 2 strains raspberry diesel and grape ape. The system is low presure aeroponics. Running 2 100w hps and a 50 gal rez im using the ionic line of nutrients current ppm is around 800 and ph is from 6.0 to 6.1. Now only the grape ape are effected and have the problem the other strain is showing no sighn i am puzzled mustly effects new growth and leaves twist at the tips also turning a shade of yellow. But the other strain isnt affected. Please help

Twisted and yellowing leaves in aeroponics
Twisted and yellowing leaves in aeroponics 2
Twisted and yellowing leaves in aeroponics 3
sixstring

sixstring

first picture looks like insect damage.need to check backside of leaves for very small moving bugs along the veins.could even be something bigger like a beatle or grasshopper idk.last pic looks like cal def.i have decent exp with ionic and it lacks calcium bigtime.when i ran hydro i had to add 7 to 10 ml per gal of calmag when i did my tank changes.some plants will do fine without it but heavy feeders like the grape ape will need it.still think its bugs though lol

Junk

Junk

It looks like it might be a few separate problems to me. I agree the first pic looks like pest damage. Six gave you the right advice. You may need a scope to see them, you may not. Ime, grasshoppers/crickets (I've had a lot) destroy from the outside, in. They eat the leaves in a pizza type fashion. They could start at the tip, or the sides, but all the ones I've seen don't leave holes like pic 1. So I don't know what is doing that...

Pic 3 is a perfect example of what a grasshopper/cricket will do.

The yellowing and rust, I don't know. I'm terrible with those problems.

sixstring

sixstring

ok so first time i missed the ph,drop it to 5.8. also what are your room and res temps? thats not much light so might be too strong on your feeds seeing your under lighting the plants imo.could prob get away with 400-500 ppm or add 200 to 300w of light.still looks like a bug chewing on some of those leaves haha

T

Thctrooper90

Ok i used half does of cal mag today and used pyrethrin with a wetting agent 10 minutes before lights out soaked plants with spray bottle and held leaves up and sprayed under them. Ppm is 850 after cal mag and ph is 5.9

T

Thctrooper90

Fingers crossed till 10 am and should i treat every week or every 3 days

Top Bottom