UCXL13 10 sites 2400 moving watts

• Thread starter DougsNugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Delerium

Delerium

Weekly and just a small amount not enough to get too much run off into the system I use like a cup maybe a cup and half. 300 ml or so.
Oh ok, I was assuming people were hit the whole system with it. So it is more like a root zone drench?

Delerium

Delerium

Doug is that a radiator coil or just wood blocking that window with the inline fan in it?

DougsNugs

DougsNugs

Gave our girls the drizzle tonight.. Looking good. PPM at about 650

Added in 120mils of the fire additive to get them going, along with a dose of some raw soluble b1 vitamin we picked up today

Added a wall mount fan in the back of the room too to get things really moving in there

Delirium, that window is covered in a few layers of studio isolation foam we had around to try and keep the light and heat from outside, only needed the one window for the AC in the summer time

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

and btw, for what its worth.. im very interested to see your results with the light mover.
one of my forum heros heath robinson would sometimes flip lights (i.e. have 5 vertical bulbs but only 3 on at any time.)
obviously more light will always equal more yield, but for some people eletrical consumption might be an issue.
i only have 35 amps available in my grow space(unless running extension cords or upgrading electrical.)

DougsNugs

DougsNugs

Thanks mate, it's been fun to see these girls blow up.. Easily the biggest plants I've grown yet

In hindsight, I should have gone with like double the lights right away, we don't really have any restrictions with that.. Looking to trade out our 4 240v outlet powerbox for the 8 outlet one after this harvest, along with 4 gavita 1000s to make a 4k square moving over the plant rows and the 600s flanking them

Should add up to a nice 6400 moving watts in that room :-)

DougsNugs

DougsNugs

O hello there, might I interest you in some photographs?

First pic is the Cannatonic bush.

Second pic is Tora Bora and Wifi OG to her left.

The smaller lady in pic 4 that looks like she was electrocuted is our Cali Orange.

Today is day 5 of flower.

2014 01 31 141713
2014 01 31 141659
2014 01 31 141621
2014 01 31 141547
2014 01 31 141531
2014 01 31 141456
Delerium

Delerium

Def looking good now. I guess you couldn't get the cages around the modules with the insulation on?
Those cages fit like a glove, I had to definitely apply some effort getting those suckers on even without the insulation on.

DougsNugs

DougsNugs

Order the add a bar kit. We will be converting the gravitas to a moving square over the plant rows, instead of a straight line formation we have now..

2 lights on the motor trolley, 2 lights on the add a trolley

Eventually looking to incorporate some vertical sockets into the light mover and have them scanning along the sides of the plants.

Updated pics to come

Delerium

Delerium

Order the add a bar kit. We will be converting the gravitas to a moving square over the plant rows, instead of a straight line formation we have now..

2 lights on the motor trolley, 2 lights on the add a trolley

Eventually looking to incorporate some vertical sockets into the light mover and have them scanning along the sides of the plants.

Updated pics to come
Awesome move Doug! That was how I had my shit set up before. Like a set of car tires. So now place the lights and trigger the throw so the lights just move say 24-30" from left and right/back and forth of the fixture just so you don't have the hot spot. You get the gist. I used to crop one side at a time. Always was less work than clearing out a whole room. A lot of people hate movers but IMO they are using them wrong. Stretching their capabilities. Light Cheaters instead, then they wonder why they get airy buds.

Last edited:
DougsNugs

DougsNugs

Would it be possible/a good idea to go for a third add a bar kit and run the motor in the middle with the trolleys on both sides?

[-----------------[]~~~[{}]~~~[]---------------]

Then we could do six gavitas, two on each trolley scanning over the rows. The three trolleys total would make the lighting a whole lot wider overall, which is probably what we're looking for.

Also toying with the idea of hanging vertical sockets off the ends of the light bars to move along the sides of the plants, probably wait on that for next run tho.

Thoughts?

Delerium

Delerium

That would work. IMO the idea is the Gavita is 22" long, so I would have the mover go to the left or straight whatever 22 inches, then return to the center then go to the right 22". You got me on that?
With the agramover and I believe the 5.0 also which you have can't you just get a piece of strut attach the "slave trolly" and motor then use another piece of strut at a 90 degree angle to make your bar kits. All 1/4" hardware.
It is just extruded aluminum you can get at at HD or lowes anyway. You'd have to make sure to drill holes real well so everything isn't all leaning towards one side/lopsided.
The kits aren't expensive to me, the whole system pays for itself with increased yield anyway. Times to be cheap times to say hell this isn't worth my time.
My brain is a little slow today cpl too many beers last night mixed with a lot of finger hash.
What are your room dimensions anyway Doug

DougsNugs

DougsNugs

8 days into flower.

Room is 10 feet wide by 18 feet deep. Right now we're moving the lights about 11 feet.

2014 02 03 110937
Delerium

Delerium

do the 2x3 set up, like car wheels, the ones running side by side will overlap the plants in the center.

DougsNugs

DougsNugs

2 gavita 1000's on the middle bar while we're at it? Also the gavita remote ballasts look ideal for some vertical mogul sockets along the sides.. :-)

DougsNugs

DougsNugs

your up to nine lights now? :borg:

That's what we're working towards for the next run.. For right now though, we will ride these ladies out with the 4 600s in a square.

The add a bar will be here later this week

Top Bottom