Uk Here To Stay! (new Thread! Uk Only!)

• Thread starter Twistedrizla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm interested! I never manual focus and setting the aperture is something I need to practice. Point me in the direction of that lens pal, I'd like to get myself a pressie from this crop

So the lens is back to basics meaning you are the one that has all the control of the exposure. Manual focus can be a bitch to get a grip on unless you shoot a static object as the focus distance isn't gonna change. A tripod is a savoir there.

The aperture determines how much light is gonna hit the sensor. The wider the aperture the more light hits the sensor and so is the exposure time determined. When there's enough light and the aperture is wide open, exposure times are gonna be short (1/10s is long where 1/500s is short), whereby you can always set your ISO higher to get the desired exposure time. Your exposure time is desired to be 2x the focal length. If you shoot 60mm lens the minimum exposure time would be 1/120s or as the camera sees it 1/125s. With a 300mm lens you would look for 1/600s or as the camera says 1/500s or faster.

The aperture also determines DOF (depth of field). When your aperture is wide open (1.8 for example) the dof is gonna be really shallow. BUT when your aperture is for example f16 then you get "a lot" dof. DOF is what determines how much sharpness you're gonna get in front and back of the focal point. If you have a face in your frame for example, and set the focus point on the eye, at f1.8 only the eye is gonna be sharp whereas at f16 or higher the nose in front of the face and the ears behind the focal point of the eyes are gonna be sharp.

So with a full AF lens and full automatic, the camera is gonna take control of the exposure where with a manual lens it's all up to you. There are also differences between the cameras at measuring the exposure. My camera, for example, is gonna measure the exposure by itself although it doesn't know what my aperture is. It's simply gonna measure the amount of light hitting the sensor and determine the exposure, where some cameras won't give you the luxury (don't know what you shoot and how it behaves) to do so.

Toaster79

Toaster79

20170521 234412

Not comparable, but it is almost midnight here and there's bunch of the stuff missing ;)

Last edited:
Toaster79

Toaster79

Any pics of the podenco?,theres 1 round our way,want to see if its the same,the 1 i see is a rusty colour,never heard of them b4 that,spanish dogs arent they?,76

Podenco and Galgo are both Spanish sighthounds. Funny you haven't heard much of those as there are about 50000 hanged on the trees, thrown out of cars or hanged to the cars while driving every year in Spain at the end of the hunting season .

Limonene

Limonene

I meant to say I never autofocus not manual focus. I'm going to test out some lenses from my local shop and see what I get on with. If I leave a deposit I can take a lens out and try it for a few days and return it with no commitment to buy. My camera actually stinks of skunk right now. I love taking photos of the plants but it's more luck than actual skill if I get a good photo, whereas I can see you know what the fuck you're doing @Toaster79 !

whitebob

whitebob

Well don't make me go there again. They are gonna kill those dogs every year whether we like it or not. Maybe we should/could put end to it if we put some effort to it.
we were going to try go on the podenco march this year but didn't get there in the end they were marching in exeter by the spanish embassy.. trying to get them to do something about it.. my wife is a vet nurse and we both love our animals especially our hounds..

whitebob

whitebob

Any pics of the podenco?,theres 1 round our way,want to see if its the same,the 1 i see is a rusty colour,never heard of them b4 that,spanish dogs arent they?,76
massive ears are the give away for podencos... i will put couple pics up later... there are a few different types of podenco too.. some short legged and brown all over mine looks a bit like a ginger a white cow with massive ears..:D

Toaster79

Toaster79

why do they kill em?;nasty bastards,the 1 i see,lady said she found it abandoned in spain,paid to bring it back here,its a real friendly dog,i thought it was a story,first id ever heard of a podenco.76

Those dogs are used for hunting, and when they don't perform they get killed. The height on the tree tells you how good of a hunter the dog was. Those not so good get hanged on the lower branches so they can barely touch the ground an suffocate really slowly. It's a tradition Spaniards have been nursing for quite a while.

whitebob

whitebob

why do they kill em?;nasty bastards,the 1 i see,lady said she found it abandoned in spain,paid to bring it back here,its a real friendly dog,i thought it was a story,first id ever heard of a podenco.76
they are also called ibizan hounds.. and they kill them because the hunters use them for one season then get rid of them. if they didn't do well they hang the dogs by their necks so their toes can touch the ground and make them dance until they get tired then leave them to hang themselves.. or tie them to the back of a car and drag them down the road or ... or... they are fucing horrible dude if i could gather all those wankers up i would fire up auschwitz and get them delivered over there..

Latest posts

Top Bottom