Unhealthy Plant

• Thread starter Ftpkmar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Ftpkmar

Hi all, So i have my babys outdoors and one of them i dying. The thing is that after 2 weeks in flower the whole plant became light green and many leaves are dying,
Mi other 3 plants are healthy and they all get the same nutes water etc.
This plant is just stuck with little buds and it havent grown in the past 2 weeks. The plant is currently on week 4 of flower
I water with nutes with ph 4.8 and then the next water with tap water that have ph 9.38
This keeps my soil ph between 6.0 and 7.0
(I dont have time to do it the right way but this have worked to me the past 2 years)
All the other plants are really healthy with big buds but with this one i tried everything.. i flushed the soil with ph 6.5 after a week the plant still yellowing.. i added calmag. Didn't do anything either after 2 weeks the plant still the same

Unhealthy plant
Unhealthy plant 2
F

Ftpkmar

Yeah it looks in the picture but its not actually has a lot of yellow leaves and burn spots

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Also why in the world would you water at 4.8? Then higher to “normalize ph in soil?”
Why not adjust correctly from the get go?
It’s locked out, yes some lockout faster then others but the unhealthy cycles maybe the cause of failure especially in flower. She is a temperamental beast and at flower even so much more.
And if you don’t have time for em, don’t grow, buy your weed.....
Everything worth doing is doing well or leave it to those that will do it well.

F

Ftpkmar

Also why in the world would you water at 4.8? Then higher to “normalize ph in soil?”
It’s locked out, yes some lockout faster then others but the unhealthy cycles maybe the cause of failure especially in flower. She is a temperamental beast and at flower even so much more.
I can tell u dont understand how it works

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I can tell u dont understand how it works
I probably wouldn’t , I don’t feed acid and then neutralize it with base.
Maybe everyone is doing it wrong, enlighten us pls????

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Posted earlier in another thread by someone
Guide for those bro science fans, with actual science.
If you want to feed bottom and top spectrum of nutrient value by all means do so.
I prefer the middle ground but what do I know, I only grow 120-220k plants per run on perpetual cycle.

F28973EA AE88 4362 A00C C2D3B5F9A8AD
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Some healthy reading from my agronomist.
He laughed when I told him what you were doing .
Those ph swings, he is surprised you have plants. He said it’s perfectly fine to adjust soil ph but to intentionally drive soil to aciduc and let the plant dwell then adjusting it via alkalinity next time is stupid. His words not mine .
So maybe it’s worked for you but do you slurry test the soil everytime ? How do you gauge the soil ph?
Run off isn’t soil ph
So my interest is peeked as you say you been doing this for 2 years
I’d like to see pictures of past yield.
It’s baffling that your other plants haven’t fried.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Are they all the same strain?

I too am interested in hearing more about this low/high pH approach to watering. I do a lot of research about growing and i have never heard about someone doing that. I’m in coco and if I get anywhere near 4.8 I get yellow blotches on one side of the leaf and twisting leaf fingers. Not trying to be confrontational, just wondering.

rootexcess

rootexcess

Some healthy reading from my agronomist.
He laughed when I told him what you were doing .
Those ph swings, he is surprised you have plants. He said it’s perfectly fine to adjust soil ph but to intentionally drive soil to aciduc and let the plant dwell then adjusting it via alkalinity next time is stupid. His words not mine .
So maybe it’s worked for you but do you slurry test the soil everytime ? How do you gauge the soil ph?
Run off isn’t soil ph
So my interest is peeked as you say you been doing this for 2 years
I’d like to see pictures of past yield.
It’s baffling that your other plants haven’t fried.

You'll never know how much it pleases me to see someone talking about a slurry test. That is THE best way to understand how your input pH and your soil buffers interact. This is why I always tell people you can't just go by what people say works best for them. Different soil, different buffers, varied pH range. To go even further, doing this throughout a grow to understand how the buffering capacity changes and adjust accordingly.

Top Bottom