Veg Tent Brainstorming. Need Advice

• Thread starter Bluedreaming
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bluedreaming

Bluedreaming

So im up late cant sleep thinking about this veg tent and I need advice.

I'm going to be getting a 8'×4' veg tent and I need to be able to veg 24 plants in it. My first Idea was 4 T5's 4'x2' 8 bulbers and they would take 99% of the roofs real estate.

To my knowledge in early growth of veg T5 trumps all other lighting systems for a week or so, I have these 2 1k watt hoods not being used and I also had this idea of having those setup above the T5s and after the first week or so of growth was up I would take the T5's down and run 2k of MH inside the Veg.

Now I was going to run the T5's sealed in the tent and throw in a co2 bucket but I heard co2 doesnt do squat for veg. The 2 Hoods im kind of stuck on deciding how I want to vent those. They would be sealed hoods and ive seen two diffrent ways;

Whats the diffrence between venting fresh air from the outisde vented through the hood and discharging it outside? If the hood and vents were completely sealed no smell would escape? This would give me more control over the enviorment as far as humidity which I want to get a humidistat and atomizer
And keep quite high in this veg tent.

Option b would be to get a carbon filter placed inside the tent as a intake pull the air from inside the tent through the filter through the hoods and directly outside. Will I still be able to raise the humidity inside the tent?
The tent will be inside a garage sitting next to a wall for any venting.

Let me know if any of my info is wrong. After a clone is rooted is that when MH beats T5's? Or still a week or so of growth and is 1k overkill?

homeboy

homeboy

You can veg 24 plants in 1 gallon pots under a 4 foot 6 bulb T5 agrobrite. I don't use tents though to do it on my end. So one 4 foot t5 works great if you have the proper space, tent maybe an issue and was for me in the past. I built a two chamber cabinet instead to fit a 4 foot t5 that is 44in h x 8 foot long x 30 in deep and looks like a work bench. Has a clone section with a 24 inch two bulb plant starter light, heat mat and dome, and then the veg chamber/section fits 24 6 inch one gallon pots. I usually move about 20 plants to my flower area after veg and use the others for clones or just waste the weakest links. I dont bother with tents. Used to be a hassle and the cabinet was a cinch to build. The T5 in the cabinet gives off little heat, you do have to build a gap for air movement around the light. I put a 4 inch inline fan on a 4 inch phat filter just to exhaust the air as needed on a temp sensor, fresh air moves into the cabinet through a cheap hepa filter and the temp sensor does the rest, the temp in your garage would have to stay less than 72 degrees year round for this to work and no colder than 45 or the light wouldn't heat up the cabinet enough. Also put a small fan in the cabinet just to keep air moving on the plants. They veg nicely! No issues. If you are going to use a 4x4 tent, maybe consider led veg lights and doing two shelves but you would definitely have to keep your plants small by training them to fit or you will risk burning them. 24 was just too many for a small tent. You typically dont get a ton of odor from vegging. Thats more important during the flower stages. It may be worthwhile to grow less plants and shoot for bigger yields. Thats the best way to grow and grow as much as you can in the space you have. Air Pruning and Low Stress Training will be key to a successful grow in a smaller space.

homeboy

homeboy

So im up late cant sleep thinking about this veg tent and I need advice.

I'm going to be getting a 8'×4' veg tent and I need to be able to veg 24 plants in it. My first Idea was 4 T5's 4'x2' 8 bulbers and they would take 99% of the roofs real estate.

To my knowledge in early growth of veg T5 trumps all other lighting systems for a week or so, I have these 2 1k watt hoods not being used and I also had this idea of having those setup above the T5s and after the first week or so of growth was up I would take the T5's down and run 2k of MH inside the Veg.

Now I was going to run the T5's sealed in the tent and throw in a co2 bucket but I heard co2 doesnt do squat for veg. The 2 Hoods im kind of stuck on deciding how I want to vent those. They would be sealed hoods and ive seen two diffrent ways;

Whats the diffrence between venting fresh air from the outisde vented through the hood and discharging it outside? If the hood and vents were completely sealed no smell would escape? This would give me more control over the enviorment as far as humidity which I want to get a humidistat and atomizer
And keep quite high in this veg tent.

Option b would be to get a carbon filter placed inside the tent as a intake pull the air from inside the tent through the filter through the hoods and directly outside. Will I still be able to raise the humidity inside the tent?
The tent will be inside a garage sitting next to a wall for any venting.

Let me know if any of my info is wrong. After a clone is rooted is that when MH beats T5's? Or still a week or so of growth and is 1k overkill?

Top Bottom