very fat wide leaves and its only two weeks old

• Thread starter blingisgreen23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blingisgreen23

very fat wide leaves and its only two weeks old???

two weeks ago i planted a big speckeled seed in miriacle grow potting soil after germinating it in a cup of water...i put it in a plastic party cup and i have kept it about 70 degrees in my room underneath a single 12 inch flouro..i watered the soil down very good..provided good drainage..now my plant is about 5 inches high and its first set of true leaves are huge!!! big..fat..wide leaves..and..now it seems that the second set of leaves are absolutly exploding with growth...is this normal?.is this a good sighn? .how much longer can it stay in the cup before i have to transplant?....by the way the leaves are a deep green color...please comment..thank you

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds Good

Big wide leaves are a sign of an Indica dominant plant, sounds like things are going well. Let your plant dry a little and tap the plant out of the cup and observe the roots, if you see that they're all around the cup it is time to transplant. You can't really hurt your plant by transplanting too early, but when they get root bound(late transplant) they are usually stunted, growth slows and the plant doesn't continue on its natural growth. If you are wondering "should I pot up?transplant" then go ahead and do it

mal

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I like to wait until the seedling is almost rootbound - so that the dirt and roots come out of the cup and stay together

and like mal said prolly some indica dominate variety ya got there

Reactions: Ina
Misterdirt

Misterdirt

It's a good sign that your plant is healthy and receiving a relatively decent amount of light, and it probably has some indica genes.

Don't read too much into leaf size in seedlings. I've had sativa dominant plants that start out with leaves so short and wide, that they're almost round. In later stages of growth, they leaves lengthened quite a bit.

This happens to be true of many plant species. Seedlings and saplings can have much larger leaves than they'll have when they get older. Take a walk in the woods come mid to late spring, and you'll see what I mean.

R

Rynoblazin

mine are going same way too but today i noticed one leaf completely seem to be burnt off two days after a heavy watering I'm using Miracle Grow potting soil it is my first grow under two 300 watt LED lamps

20170217 091723
Bannacis

Bannacis

Miracle grow...not best anything... the soil may be a little hot for seedlings. seedlings do not require much feeding.
and they prefer lower wattage light first week or 2. but you prolly be ok, if when you transplant use a better medium.
Leds' IMO will ensure your plants to be short and bushy, specially if used at beginning. That's good, but also can cause problems with over crowding. may have to raise lights to get some stretch. good luck.

Top Bottom