Very Short Indica Scrog Query....

• Thread starter ilikebigbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ilikebigbuds

Hi guys. I have 6 dinafem og kush and oh my.... short and branchy as hell! leafy as hell too. its been topped/fimmed and lst big time! anyways my question for you guys is because its so short and stalky can i start flower to let it stretch up to my screen or will that cause me probs? right now theyre 4 weeks in coco, 35-40 budding spots each already, all coming up nice, tying, tucking and weaving everything. hoping you guys dont foresee any issues with me vegging a couple weeks and then sticking in my screen after the flip... ive researched extensively but to no avail... goes without saying this is my first scrog and my first time growing dinas og kush, any thoughts and help are appreciated guys

I

ilikebigbuds

yeh mate they do have a good range of autos as well as feminised. i went for the feminised seeds

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Without being sure what your ultimate goal with the screen is I will try to see if I am thinking the same way you are.......... If you put the screen in after flip what your basically doing is using the screen for support and not a true scrog....... Correct me if I am wrong.
The purpose of scrog is to have all of the lead grow tips run horizontally so you are exposing more bud sites to the light and having an even canopy. If I understand you what youve been doing thus far is sort of a a scrog without the screen by using lst as your training method.

There isnt a problem with that as lst is in itself a form of scrog without the net.I'm thinking at this point putting the net over the plant after all this time vegging and hoping it will reach the screen I really cant say as it is a indie dom strain and all you may end up doing will be not to really fill the screen as in a true scrog but mainly you will possibly have the net act more as a trellis to help support the limbs and buds. A scrog net is basically a tool to keep the plant from going vertical until the screen is full and then flip to flower and let them go vert. I typically keep tucking until after the stretch after flip is over around 10-14 days and then let the bud sites climb vertical.

I hope this helps as I wasnt real clear what your trying to achieve at this point. Peace

I

ilikebigbuds

Without being sure what your ultimate goal with the screen is I will try to see if I am thinking the same way you are.......... If you put the screen in after flip what your basically doing is using the screen for support and not a true scrog....... Correct me if I am wrong.
The purpose of scrog is to have all of the lead grow tips run horizontally so you are exposing more bud sites to the light and having an even canopy. If I understand you what youve been doing thus far is sort of a a scrog without the screen by using lst as your training method.

There isnt a problem with that as lst is in itself a form of scrog without the net.I'm thinking at this point putting the net over the plant after all this time vegging and hoping it will reach the screen I really cant say as it is a indie dom strain and all you may end up doing will be not to really fill the screen as in a true scrog but mainly you will possibly have the net act more as a trellis to help support the limbs and buds. A scrog net is basically a tool to keep the plant from going vertical until the screen is full and then flip to flower and let them go vert. I typically keep tucking until after the stretch after flip is over around 10-14 days and then let the bud sites climb vertical.

I hope this helps as I wasnt real clear what your trying to achieve at this point. Peace

yeh thats exactly what i was thinking of doing lowering a screen on before flipping to 12/12 and just tucking back growth for first 2 weeks. i have been lst'ing so i have the horizontal growth my girls are wide and bushy as **** so im hoping i can put a screen in and fill it successfully after having vegging for 8-9 weeks hopefully im rewarded. after 4 weeks they're literally maybe 7" high but 22" wide? all very uniform, so being very short i don't see how i could have successfully put in a screen when theyre so short and bushy lol but im new at this so maybe im just overseeing how it could have worked. thanks for the reply cactus mate.

I

ilikebigbuds

wasn't aware of that. I only looked at autos because my limited space RV I Don't have room for veg and flowering.

I wanted autos because they were small and could have seedlings, veg, and flowering in the same space.

honestly try the dina og kush man after 4 weeks veg mine are only 6-7" tall and 20+ inch wide!! but they're 25% sativa and they aint showing much sativa'ness in veg so perhaps they will show their sativa side in flower

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Sounds goof but Sativa doesn't help me at all. Can't even feel I had any. that strain was Space Queen and always got Indica's after that.

if memory serves Space Queen is like 70+% Sativa.

honestly try the dina og kush man after 4 weeks veg mine are only 6-7" tall and 20+ inch wide!! but they're 25% sativa and they aint showing much sativa'ness in veg so perhaps they will show their sativa side in flower

Enforcer

Enforcer

I vegged my plants for 4 weeks from seed, put them under the SCRoG net, then veg & tuck for 2.5 more weeks, then flipped.

This is Nov 4, Nov 10, Nov 13 (flip), Nov 18, Nov 20. You can see how I trained them to grow flat, then after flip I tucked a little more but not much. They just shot straight up...that's perfect. They are beginning week 3 tomorrow. Three White Widow in 3gal coco/perlite. Fed 3 times a day at this point. I hope this helps. Sometimes it's easier to understand the concept with pictures.

IMG 0215
IMG 0216
IMG 0214
IMG 0217
IMG 0218
MI.Woody

MI.Woody

Hi guys. I have 6 dinafem og kush and oh my.... short and branchy as hell! leafy as hell too. its been topped/fimmed and lst big time! anyways my question for you guys is because its so short and stalky can i start flower to let it stretch up to my screen or will that cause me probs?... any thoughts and help are appreciated guys
No it wont. I have the incomingn round "in the asile" for a week or so, waiting for the outgoing round to flush n go. Then they get their spot under the lights. They will stretch more in the first 2 weeks, and they come into my screens setup height. When an incoming is still too short for my trellis, I elevate the bags/saucers on inverted pails. I strive to have them come in at consistent height above soil. If anything, flow slows, incoming get backed up and taller than usual, in that case I use xtreme cropping to check overall height of the tallest few. I defoliate below the screen.

MI.Woody

MI.Woody

No it wont. I have the incomingn round "in the asile" for a week or so, waiting for the outgoing round to flush n go.
Like this, the "asile plants" in the foreground, the finsihing round in back
Trellis with asile

Top Bottom