Welcome To My Basement...

• Thread starter thcshedfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thcshedfarm

Hi,

I am new to growing. This is my basement...
I have 5 indica plants. They do get rather bushy. These plants are just under 8 weeks old.
They are about 20 inches high. I am running a flood and drain system, with coco peat (80%) and perlite (300). I use Canna A + B as nutrients.
I have a 1000W light in the middle (on top of the middle plant) and 4 600W lights (one for each plant). The plant in the middle is the one that -- surprise surprise -- is growing the best.

Ventilation is tricky, but it's there. The current temperature is 88F which I know is too high, and am working on lowering soon. I will get it down to a nice 80.
Questions:

* Do you think they are ready to be turned to flower? I think their growth has been a little slow because of the heat.
* How would you prune them? They tend to be VERY leafy; I would like to have something much more manageable
* If I turn them to flower, can I prune them for at least 3 weeks? That's when a LOT of the growth happens and...
* any comments/ideas?

Welcome to my basement
Welcome to my basement 2
Welcome to my basement 3
Welcome to my basement 4
Welcome to my basement 5
Welcome to my basement 6
Welcome to my basement 7
Welcome to my basement 8

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Holy shit man! They are unhappy. I would say turn ur lights down a bit so the heat goes down. Look at some nice "praying" plants and u will see they are perspiring to stay cool and wilting. I am by no means an expeienced grower, but I know a sad lady when I see her.
I use hydro farm 4 " intake and exhausts they work well
Its your bud,
-Ty

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yea bro turn that light down and give her some breathing room I’d say you have maybe a month before flip for good results.
Typically look for about 8 branches as a minimum before you flip, also you can do with some training to flatten the canopy a bit. Look up scrog, but even vertical as you have it, week into flower the stretch would be where I would start some light tying off and flattening.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I am not an experienced grower but like @TerpyTyrone was saying, I too know sick plants when I see them. I reviewed your case for myself and what I see can be wind burn, overwatering, and maybe even too much light. But I'm leaning to wind burn judging by the fan pointed to your plants. Please please use this seemingly underrated website to diagnose your poor babies https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures. I'm currently dealing with a light burn mistake myself lol.

Happy growing :)

Top Bottom