Well Hello Fellow People

• Thread starter Cocowilson30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome. I love AK. Have grown it since about 2001 off and on. She doesn’t like a ton of nutes but is very forgiving. She can stretch a bit in flowering. Expect 2.5x the height when flipped if growing single cola. Less so when bushed out or trained. She’s a quick finisher for the most part. 55-60 days on average.

There is a coveted cherry pheno that can be found at a rate of about 1:100 so keep an eye out for anomalies as it could be one. The cherry pheno packs on calyxs from the start of flowering.

Otherwise she’s a very uniform strain. You could plant 10 of them and swear they were clones.

The smell and terp profile is sandlewood which might not sound great but it really is. It packs a punch but wears off fairly quickly. A nice uplifting buzz that makes you want to get shit done.

C

Cocowilson30

Welcome. I love AK. Have grown it since about 2001 off and on. She doesn’t like a ton of nutes but is very forgiving. She can stretch a bit in flowering. Expect 2.5x the height when flipped if growing single cola. Less so when bushed out or trained. She’s a quick finisher for the most part. 55-60 days on average.

There is a coveted cherry pheno that can be found at a rate of about 1:100 so keep an eye out for anomalies as it could be one. The cherry pheno packs on calyxs from the start of flowering.

Otherwise she’s a very uniform strain. You could plant 10 of them and swear they were clones.

The smell and terp profile is sandlewood which might not sound great but it really is. It packs a punch but wears off fairly quickly. A nice uplifting buzz that makes you want to get shit done.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
A few more tid bits.

They’ll show preflowers in veg so it’s easy to sex them before flowering.

There are a couple phenos you can find at times. Not all are good. My last round I found one that was very whispy, would grow oddly and had a really funky awful smell.

She clones easy. In fact I usually see roots in just a couple days. Out of 5 strains I’m currently running this one roots in a fraction of the time the others do.

She’s a great yielder.

Early in flower I run veg nutes. Then ease her into a veg/bloom combo and then just bloom ferts until about week 6-7 then just tap water from then on. This goes with most strains I run so it’s not limited to AK.

Keep the bottoms cleaned up and remove lower bud sites early into flowering. Otherwise you’ll end up with a ton of small popcorn buds.

She doesn’t stress out easily. Very beginner friendly.

If you can get f1 seeds from serious seeds. Imo it’s better than the others out there and best to support the originator. But if you can’t get the original then f2s provide some fun pheno hunting and again is very uniform across the board. Cherry phenos seem to be a little more common in f2s so it’s always an option if you are looking for a gem.

The cherry pheno really packs on the resin. It’ll be almost completely white with a thick layer of trics. Difficult to trim because you’ll need to clean your shears after every couple buds but makes excellent scissor hash.

The cherry pheno I had packs on calyxs from the start of flowering. And builds them throughout flowering. It looks a little strange but the results are amazing. It tastes a little like cotton candy when smoked.

Top Bottom