What’s Going On With This Plant?

• Thread starter brownred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brownred

brownred

White Crack Auto, day 60. I’m looking at all the leaf charts but can’t tell how to diagnose it.
Thant you

Whats going on with this plant
Whats going on with this plant 2
Whats going on with this plant 3
Whats going on with this plant 4
Whats going on with this plant 5
Whats going on with this plant 6
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Hydro Growers:
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

Omerta

Omerta

Mine look similar... I just got my clone today so I dont know really anything about it. But I'll post if I do find anything.

brownred

brownred

1. Seed, white Crack Auto
2. Day 60
3. 8 in
4. 5 gallon fabric
5. Promix
6. when soil is close to dry to best of my knowledge
7. 5.5 to 6.5 to best I can tell with the drops
8. Fox Farm Tri
9. With PH water when I water the Fox Farm Trio Nutes on the leaves
10. Fluence Spyder 2 P, 645 watts?
11. 12 in
12, 4 bby 4 Gorilla Tent
13. 76 degrees, 42 humidity
14. Dont know
15. No
16. One sucsessful outdoor grow last summer, this is my first indoor grow

brownred

brownred

824F2199 E852 4B74 8295 C3D0CA388E0B
Soil Growers:
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Hydro Growers:
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I’m leaning towards Manganese (Mn) deficiency. Leach your soil and add a micronutrient.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
They havent even grew that much vertically. Those are strong lights and without co2 there is no need to keep them very close. I think they don’t like it.

brownred

brownred

They havent even grew that much vertically. Those are strong lights and without co2 there is no need to keep them very close. I think they don’t like it.

There autos, technically, they are almost ready to harvest.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
There autos, technically, they are almost ready to harvest.

Utilize the info on your next grow and still you can let them die happier by raising it to 24. And i’ll tell you, looking at your flowers, they are no where near close to finishing, probably because they’re severely stunted.

brownred

brownred

I’ll definaly raise the light. The odd thing is...I had 2 otheres in this tent of a different strain and they look great health wise. Nice and green but still stunted and just recently moved them to another tent. All 4 were under the same conditions but these 2 aren’t doing well.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I’ll definaly raise the light. The odd thing is...I had 2 otheres in this tent of a different strain and they look great health wise. Nice and green but still stunted and just recently moved them to another tent. All 4 were under the same conditions but these 2 aren’t doing well.

Not all plants are the same and i can’t make a definitive comment on whats causing your issue because without dialing the environment no one can make a definitive diagnosis.
That said, your setup seems good except lights being a little too close. That light is recommended for 1400ppm co2 supplemented grow areas and advised to be placed at least 6 inches away from the canopy. That means it putting out a ton of par. Over 600, without co2, is unusable to the plants and if you go much over it, like 1500, they can bleach or curl downwards etc etc. Light stress.
If you havent screwed up the ph somehow or over/underwatered, light is the biggest suspect in my mind.

Last edited:
brownred

brownred

Not all plants are the same and i can’t make a definitive comment on whats causing your issue because without dialing the environment no one can make a definitive diagnosis.
That said, your setup seems good except lights being a little too close. That light is recommended for 1400ppm co2 supplemented grow areas and advised to be placed at least 6 inches away from the canopy. That means it putting out a ton of par. Over 600, without co2, is unusable to the plants and if you go much over it, like 1500, they can bleach or curl downwards etc etc. Light stress.
If you havent screwed up the ph somehow or over/underwatered, light is the biggest suspect in my mind.

That was my original thought, the light. Obviously this particular light is above my head at this point in time. The light has a dimmer. I don’t know anything about c02. But I have it the recommended height according to the specs 6 to 12 inches.
I have cut off the yellowing leaves and raised the light to 36 in at 50 percent power. Hopefully they can turne themselves around.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
If they are at week 8 dont expect drastic changes. They will more than likely never turn lush green again.
I’m thinking you like to go with recommended values, so how much do you feed? Because those little ones dont need a full feeding schedule.

brownred

brownred

If they are at week 8 dont expect drastic changes. They will more than likely never turn lush green again.
I’m thinking you like to go with recommended values, so how much do you feed? Because those little ones dont need a full feeding schedule.

Sparingly is the only way I know to describe it. From now on I’ll keep closer track on things. First and foremost I need to master this fancy light placement and dimmer.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
To me, they look like they are getting too much of something, but not Nitrogen. I use Promix and composted manure and have never had any problems except when I try new fertilizers and end up overdosing them, getting the leaf look that you are seeing. Deficiencies usually show up on newer leaves and the plant looks to be growing with vigor, which is why I am thinking it is getting a bit too much of P or K. Different strains are more or less susceptible to stuff like this and auto's are a different animal altogether. The physical size of the plant and the leaf mass also have a lot to do with it. Sativas are typically tall and lanky and seem to "use" more of their fertilizer than a smaller plant...maybe this is why some plants suffer and others are fine with a certain nute level. With fertilizers being so potentially concentrated nowadays, it's easy to overfeed. I typically measure my fertilizer by the tablespoon, not 1/8 of a teaspoon (as some are recommending), so it's a lot harder to overfeed.
Again, this is just my opinion based on my experience. I'm not too old to learn, though.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Looks like you're dealing with a potassium issue to me. Potassium is responsible for mobile transport of several other secondary and micronutrients. What potassium additives are you using in flower?

NJPBG

NJPBG

How are the plants doing now? IMO looks like a mag def. I’d flush and top dress with dolomite lime

W

WesleySnipes

You're severely underestimating that spydr unit. That is a commercial unit meant to be used in an open environment not a tent. It should be at 36 in from your canopy at 40% dimmed until your plant is matured and can handle it. What fox farm nutrients are you using. Also ditch the drops in invest in a PPM EC/ ph meter. 5.5-6.5 is a big pH gap. Judging by your answers to 1diesel1's questionnaire my guess is your ph is off affecting the plants ablilty to uptake certain nutrients, which in turn resembles a deficiency.

W

WesleySnipes

You don't pH the water, you're pH'ing the medium, remember that.

Top Bottom