What’s Wrong With These Leaves?

• Thread starter crimsonecho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
These are nl’s lower leaves there are just a couple of them and it is not progressing very fast. I am thinking potassium and nitrogen deficiency, they have been in the same ammended soil for 2 months and i wasn’t bottle feeding them and haven’t given any aacts in a month. What do you all think?

Whats wrong with these leaves
Whats wrong with these leaves 2
Whats wrong with these leaves 7
Whats wrong with these leaves 8

Whats wrong with these leaves 3
Whats wrong with these leaves 4
Whats wrong with these leaves 5
Whats wrong with these leaves 6
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Ok last 3 photos are dinachem and those burns could be from an essential oil spray i made for pm because as always i experimented with the ratios. But it is slowly progressing too (it has been nearly 2 weeks since the spray) so it could be something else.

RR1

RR1

With that dark color, and progressing burns, looks like a potassium (K) deficiency. Almost textbook.
What nute line do you use? Gotta keep those nutes balanced.
RR1
Sorry, reread the post. Your plant has run through the potassium in your soil.
I build my own soils, but supplement feed throughout first 6 weeks of flower.
You would have a hard time getting enough in the soil to grow a decent sized photoperiod plant through its whole lifecycle. You end up getting deficiencies, weaker plants, and then they don’t flower efficiently or completely.
They don’t fight stress well, or insects.
Throughout flower I give floranova bloom,diamond nectar, floranectar, and floraliscious plus. That and what is still in my soil does well until late week 6, then I just water till harvest.
Good luck,
RR1

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
More info, please.
Dude i can tell you i keep my temps at 25, i built my own soil which worked really good ‘till now (for 2 months). Usually i supplement with aacts but i have been lazy for a while. Drainage of my soil is good so i am watering every 2 days with molasses and topdressed with bat guano which is 1-10-1 right before switching to flower, 5 gallon pots. Had a little pm on 2 leaves, defoliated the plants and sprayed the plants. Dinachems burns are probably from that spray. NL is potassium deficient i think and i think thats because it went through all the potassium in the soil. Right now i am brewing a tea with, wormcastings, banana ashes, bat guano, diatomaceous earth, molasses, kelp extract, oat flour and aloe vera.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
You would have a hard time getting enough in the soil to grow a decent sized photoperiod plant through its whole lifecycle. You end up getting deficiencies, weaker plants, and then they don’t flower efficiently or completely.
Throughout flower I give floranova bloom,diamond nectar, floranectar, and floraliscious plus. That and what is still in my soil does well until late week 6, then I just water till harvest.
Good luck,
RR1
I built my own soil too

Peat moss
Wormcastings
Gk complete organics
Bat guano
Lava stones
Pumice
Perlite
Zeolite
Neem seed meal
Coco coir

Also did too many teas at veg and dinachem and ww didn’t like that so i backed off. Haven’t done a tea almost for a month, now i am brewing one. I will water with it and top dress with the sludge. All agree it’s a potassium deficiency right?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Good luck,
RR1
By the way i fed them today with molasses, top-max, bio bloom, bio heaven and alg-a-mic. I had them at my disposal and i was pretty sure it was a K deficiency so i did it, i don’t want to depend on bottled nutes they are pricey especially over here where i live, but paid the price of my laziness. Hope it doesn’t progress to much.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Ok this sh.t is progressing. Now i am running all the posibilities regarding deficiencies and it just looks like a potassium deficiency to me, it is fattening up the buds so it makes sense too. I fed with with the tea i mentioned earlier. According to a site, molasses is something like 0.7-0-5 and banana peel ashes are 0-3-41, also there is a phosphorus rich ingredient, bat guano 3-15-4 and a balanced one, gk organics which is 3-4-3, wormcastings i use are 1-0-0 give or take also there is kelp extract which is full of micros.
Anyway, i watered with this tea after top dressing with the sludge left from the brewing process, also with some more gk organics, 3-4 tbs sludge and 2-3 tbs gk organics per plant. I know they are not that readly available to the plants and needs some time to break down in the soil but the leaves on the bottom that i posted here are now almost completely dead. Burned tips are progressing, top and relatively young leaves are fine but the oldest ones are showing this syptoms. What do you more experienced organic growers suggest?
Also there are no bugs besides a couple of gnats.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
FC035B69 5700 4F15 A534 E14DDC3B2D46
4CCBF97D 847E 4B72 8E1C E9D87DBE5CF5
983D5F1F DB72 4D80 B5DB 76E1917176AC
8315115D 190D 47CA B4A3 540941174B7F
Ok here are the pics of the 4 lower leaves now its happening to the bigger leaves on the mid section of the plant.

Toaster79

Toaster79

You're over feeding. You got a soil mix you could run on tap seed to harvest but still you're bombing them with bottles. I run bag soil and water in first two months of veg with one transplant from 0.8l to either 8l or 12l pots. Usually start feeding bloom a week or two before flower if they tell me to. Then introduce bloom and top max in first 3 weeks of flower, reducing grow and upping bloom at first then top max. At 4-6 weeks I cut the grow down or out depending on what plants look like. Up bloom to week 5-6, then start cutting down to about week 8 and feed tap only. You mixed a lot of stuff in your base prior to planting and I run this schedule on base only.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
You're over feeding. You got a soil mix you could run on tap seed to harvest but still you're bombing them with bottles. I run bag soil and water in first two months of veg with one transplant from 0.8l to either 8l or 12l pots. Usually start feeding bloom a week or two before flower if they tell me to. Then introduce bloom and top max in first 3 weeks of flower, reducing grow and upping bloom at first then top max. At 4-6 weeks I cut the grow down or out depending on what plants look like. Up bloom to week 5-6, then start cutting down to about week 8 and feed tap only. You mixed a lot of stuff in your base prior to planting and I run this schedule on base only.
Yeah the problem is i was feeding just water and molasses when i started getting these problems not even teas and its been 2 months since i planted them, and did a tea just after getting these problems. Prior to that i wasn’t feeding at all and have only got minimal nitrogen toxicity while i was vegging but that cleared in a couple of weeks. My soil was a little rich for seedlings to be honest but they endured and grew out of it. Pff, i usually top dress every month or so with 3 gal pots these are 5.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Growers out there, would you care to chime in? There are 2 different diagnosis for now. After all the info i presented (you can also check out the grow diary) is this over feeding or a potassium deficiency?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Just throwing this out there; i applied a soil drench before getting these leaf problems. It was a propolis based soil drench to fight fungi. It seemed like a good idea when i applied it due to my little pm problem but now i am thinking maybe i hurt my beneficial bacteria and fungi as well. I mean it inhibits all fungal growth and most probably bacterial too. I solely rely on my micro heard to feed my plant. I don’t ph, ever. Now after this dawned on me, i phed some tap water to 6.8 and watered till i got some good run off, did a ph test and it was at 8. Now it was probably always at 8 but my micro heard was doing its job but that propolis drench hurt my micro heard. I did 2 aacts after i posted, it seems like it is slowing down.
I noticed little nitrogen toxicity, could this be because ph was too high and all my micros were getting locked out?
Also do you people think the idea about using propolis drench hurting the micro heard holds any water?

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

High ph water ie with a tiny bit of baking soda kills pm on leaf surfaces..
Just throwing this out there; i applied a soil drench before getting these leaf problems. It was a propolis based soil drench to fight fungi. It seemed like a good idea when i applied it due to my little pm problem but now i am thinking maybe i hurt my beneficial bacteria and fungi as well. I mean it inhibits all fungal growth and most probably bacterial too. I solely rely on my micro heard to feed my plant. I don’t ph, ever. Now after this dawned on me, i phed some tap water to 6.8 and watered till i got some good run off, did a ph test and it was at 8. Now it was probably always at 8 but my micro heard was doing its job but that propolis drench hurt my micro heard. I did 2 aacts after i posted, it seems like it is slowing down.
I noticed little nitrogen toxicity, could this be because ph was too high and all my micros were getting locked out?
Also do you people think the idea about using propolis drench hurting the micro heard holds any water?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
High ph water ie with a tiny bit of baking soda kills pm on leaf surfaces..
Yeah i am way past that at this point thanks for the advice tho :D also heard potassium bicarbonate is better. Any way i am closely monitoring 4-5 leaves that are showing these symptoms, i will post more pics in a week to show the progression or the regression of the symptoms.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Dude i can tell you i keep my temps at 25, i built my own soil which worked really good ‘till now (for 2 months). Usually i supplement with aacts but i have been lazy for a while. Drainage of my soil is good so i am watering every 2 days with molasses and topdressed with bat guano which is 1-10-1 right before switching to flower, 5 gallon pots. Had a little pm on 2 leaves, defoliated the plants and sprayed the plants. Dinachems burns are probably from that spray. NL is potassium deficient i think and i think thats because it went through all the potassium in the soil. Right now i am brewing a tea with, wormcastings, banana ashes, bat guano, diatomaceous earth, molasses, kelp extract, oat flour and aloe vera.
Nutrient burn, from 1-10–1 guano. I’ve done it my self, if I recall I had a post for that in the past.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Nutrient burn, from 1-10–1 guano. I’ve done it my self, if I recall I had a post for that in the past.
Ok now its 2 nute burn 1 deficiency. It just feels like its not nute burn, this was such a heavy feeder. It handled all those aacts in that super rich soil mix like a champ and i forgot to write it down in my journal but i am pretty sure i top dressed significantly only after seeing the leaves yellowing. I usually top dress before flowering but i remember that i did very little this time because my soil was too rich and first seen a little pm than applied the soil drench and a spray, then noticed the browning and yellowing. I wasn’t feeding it prior to that.
You guys might be right tho, well i am only giving phed water with little molasses for now and will keep doing it for a week to see what happens. Also i wrote that wrong my guano was 3-15-4, anyway its a strong guano.

Last edited:
Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Oh, as long as its something that raises the ph to create a inhospitable environment, without harming the plant, you're good
Yeah i am way past that at this point thanks for the advice tho :D also heard potassium bicarbonate is better. Any way i am closely monitoring 4-5 leaves that are showing these symptoms, i will post more pics in a week to show the progression or the regression of the symptoms.

Top Bottom