What’s Wrong With These Leaves?

• Thread starter crimsonecho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The stems say deficiency and leaves say over feed.
My experience,
It’s a burn, over fed. Combined with the high ph, also these leaves have given all they had, if the new leaves are not showing any signs then you may have corrected with your ph correction; I’d stay the course and just baby it for a week and see if this progresses. Higher ph may have caused lockout even in living soil. I run super soil as well and do full organic feed but have learned that I still need to add some bottled organic feed towards the end as the micro heard gets stressed and cannot provide what the plant needs. What I’ve also learned is that it takes out to a year for good soil to settle out. So my older soil actually performs better.( stable colony)
I’d say you seem to have a handle on it.
Watch the ph, always, organic is even more critical. As the higher ph does kill off the living soil. Add some micro bacteria back via teas. Cheers mate and hope this turns for the better for you. Molasses or carb load only works if you have a good healthy heard to begin with, I’d wait 3 days after the tea and supplement 1/4 of your normal carb feed for the next 2 feeds, let the new bacterial colonies take .
Then if all looks stable , your normal feeding regiment is sound mate.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Lift the pots and check the condition of the pebbles, do they smell ? Any soggy wet feet happening at the base of the pots? If so maybe a good flush is in order and hold off watering for a few days and let her roots dry. I was looking past the pots in the pics and noticing the discolouration. I’ve had issues where my smart pots got clogged up and she rotted her roots , didn’t notice till the plant was far gone. But now I poke holes in my smart pots and wire the opening and I keep a close eye on runnoff . Smell is a great indicator of soil conditions . Should smell earthy almost chocolatey in good heard health. If it goes bad , you will get Amonia to rotten eggs, this warrants a good flush, dry, flush dry and then teas to re-establish the colonies. Wait and then carb feed.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Lift the pots and check the condition of the pebbles, do they smell ? Any soggy wet feet happening at the base of the pots? If so maybe a good flush is in order and hold off watering for a few days and let her roots dry. I was looking past the pots in the pics and noticing the discolouration. I’ve had issues where my smart pots got clogged up and she rotted her roots , didn’t notice till the plant was far gone. But now I poke holes in my smart pots and wire the opening and I keep a close eye on runnoff . Smell is a great indicator of soil conditions . Should smell earthy almost chocolatey in good heard health. If it goes bad , you will get Amonia to rotten eggs, this warrants a good flush, dry, flush dry and then teas to re-establish the colonies. Wait and then carb feed.
Thanks for the advice dude, yeah i am pretty sure my heard become stressed or something. After the teas i gave, it seems like it slowed down already. I don’t have a bad smell coming out of my pots, it mostly smells like bananas because of the ashes. I gave 2 teas and my teas are not nutrient rich ( many ingredients but in scarce amounts to promote diversity) they are mostly for a microbe boost. Now i am making “EM-1” too just because i wanted to see if it works. It is now at the lactose digesting process. Seeing probably that my heard is off balance i will give a good micobe tea with em-1 to get some decent lactobacillus in there and keep this thread updated.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Same leaves in a time frame of 4 days. I am not quite sure what it was but it either slowed down drastically or completely stopped progressing.
Leaf 1
Day 1
80C0FC2C 5BFC 474E ABB1 0B2A0D9E9D70
Day 2
06D0FFFD 579A 40CD 8A8B ADB28E38C43B
Day 3
F9C2DEC2 287C 406D B217 240AC0EC507D
Day 4
7450622D 82FA 4A9C B68E 46D8BABAEC19
Leaf 2
Day 1
A7DBFD89 66D3 4CB8 A4F8 468678572D53
Day 2
53AD17A1 69DA 4F4F A692 96880EE51597
Day 3
77363EEF 1D05 481E 8779 68CC2100A810
Day 4
90DEA46C E034 4AD1 8A83 5C430F2124F2
Leaf 3
Day 1
ADE27E60 358B 40FF 99DF 8738AC0B12DA
Leaf 4 Day 1
95F4E2BF 9BC4 4148 9844 8A97DD8946F7
Leaf 3 day 4
785BF35A 28D7 4007 93DE 758815DBA4C7
34D7251E FD4F 457E B9F5 AB8E98308D4E
D0BD6C3D 00DC 4697 93D2 9B761A73BC4E

6CAD424C 3253 4D77 99A2 0496F613A209
3BF4D255 4498 48B8 BD21 B90ABAC13799
05720EA6 BFA3 48A9 AF34 4080988A2D92
Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Last and the 3rd from the last pics belong to the same leaf. 2nd from the last belongs to the prior set of photos. Maybe these photos can help with a more accurate diagnosis. I watered with water and molasses 2 times since the first pic and 4 days later it is like this.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Same leaves in a time frame of 4 days. I am not quite sure what it was but it either slowed down drastically or completely stopped progressing.
Leaf 1
Day 1
View attachment 814376 Day 2View attachment 814382 Day 3 View attachment 814387 Day 4 View attachment 814389 Leaf 2
Day 1View attachment 814377 Day 2 View attachment 814381 Day 3 View attachment 814385 Day 4 View attachment 814390 Leaf 3
Day 1 View attachment 814378 Leaf 4 Day 1 View attachment 814391 Leaf 3 day 4 View attachment 814380 View attachment 814379 View attachment 814392
I was trying to label them correctly but the time expired :) its impossible to use the site on ipad. After leaf 3 its mislabeled :)

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Last and the 3rd from the last pics belong to the same leaf. 2nd from the last belongs to the prior set of photos. Maybe these photos can help with a more accurate diagnosis. I watered with water and molasses 2 times since the first pic and 4 days later it is like this.
Glad they are bouncing back brother! Keep an eye on them , I think they were a bit stressed , and the regiment you started is helping fix em!!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Glad they are bouncing back brother! Keep an eye on them , I think they were a bit stressed , and the regiment you started is helping fix em!!
Thanks dude i will.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I will share the changes of one leaf in a window of a week or so.
E01338F7 B5E1 4FA7 90FD 961A3D3FBA72
EA9A1C30 9E0D 4B81 8BFE DD9B88A909F3
31F83ACF CB74 48A8 AE49 5D3AF9A81C0C
009EC3C5 28AE 403C 8951 33E364AF9527
1EDE4287 1F02 4B30 9F76 49F9748A05B5

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Thanks for all the advice people. Just wanted to let you now everything is back on track now. Looking back, i am almost sure i stressed my micro heard with my propolis based soil drench and it got potassium deficient or generally become nutrient imbalanced.
I gave water with molasses for 3 waterings ph 6.8ish. Drenched the soil and and got 10-20% runoff which measured at 8.2-8.0-7.6 ph. Then after i made sure the “burning” stopped spreading i gave an aact with lactobacillus serum. It was yesterday and they are fine with it.
I post my results because i hate when i search for something i have and find a thread that ends without conclusion.
Now it was probably not a nute burn, with all due respect to the more experienced growers here, i don’t completely agree with nute burn because of two reasons. First, NL was a real heavy feeder in veg, till i got these symptoms, with only minimal nitrogen toxicity (5-6 curled leaf tips on the whole plant). Second, i only started feeding after i got the symptoms (even then mostly teas and organic matter).
It was probably not ph or any other related problem either. I am saying this because at my last watering (4th) i phed again at 6.8 and went real slow to get a good ph reading (took 15 minutes to water one) and the runoff was 9.8 for the NL after that i haven’t measured dinachem :D
Well again thanks farm, maybe this info could help someone else too.
If you have found this information in the future, in hopes to get an idea about the symptoms that your cannabis plant is going through, take it with a grain of salt, these are non scientific newbie findings. :D

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to sound like I’m on a high horse but here goes.

First of all you need to judge your progress based on new growth, not old growth. The fan leaves store energy / nutrients and your plant will use them up as it needs it.

It’s obvious you panicked and started throwing stuff at it. We’ve all been there. That’s probably the single biggest mistake we’ve all made. Which is understandable. We think of these plants as our babies and feel their pain as they grow. Perfectly natural.

If your new growth looks good then you are on the right track. The old leaves will not get better. Once the damage is done, it’s done (on the old growth). Nothing you do will reverse that so don’t make decisions based on that.

Keep an eye on the growing mediums ph that will help guide you in the right direction. The point of emphasis should be keeping the roots in the right environment to soak up the needed nutrients and ph lockout is usually the culprit in most cases.

Then you need to make sure they have enough nutrients but not so much as to lock out other nutrients and macro nutrients. It’s a balancing act for sure but remember in the wild these things grow like weeds (pun intended) in hostile environments. We often over think and over baby our plants out of our emotional connection to them. But at its most basic level it’s just a plant that wants to survive. Don’t fight it’s survival.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to sound like I’m on a high horse but here goes.

First of all you need to judge your progress based on new growth, not old growth. The fan leaves store energy / nutrients and your plant will use them up as it needs it.

It’s obvious you panicked and started throwing stuff at it. We’ve all been there. That’s probably the single biggest mistake we’ve all made. Which is understandable. We think of these plants as our babies and feel their pain as they grow. Perfectly natural.

If your new growth looks good then you are on the right track. The old leaves will not get better. Once the damage is done, it’s done (on the old growth). Nothing you do will reverse that so don’t make decisions based on that.

Keep an eye on the growing mediums ph that will help guide you in the right direction. The point of emphasis should be keeping the roots in the right environment to soak up the needed nutrients and ph lockout is usually the culprit in most cases.

Then you need to make sure they have enough nutrients but not so much as to lock out other nutrients and macro nutrients. It’s a balancing act for sure but remember in the wild these things grow like weeds (pun intended) in hostile environments. We often over think and over baby our plants out of our emotional connection to them. But at its most basic level it’s just a plant that wants to survive. Don’t fight it’s survival.
Ah you got me wrong, the old leaves was just to see if damage is spreading or not, i was never expecting them to get better. New growth was always fine, it was the old fan leaves that showed the symptoms. Ph as i said is very high according to my meter which seems accurate but i rely on my micro heard so not a problem (there should be all kinds of deficiencies if i relied on ph, i mean 9.8 ph is crazy high for runoff) . I agree on the balancing of the nutrients idea thats why i did water with molasses to balance the high p guano with some k and also micros. Also haven’t really panicked and threw stuff at it (well for pm yes, it did scare me but not the burns on the leaves) I knew how this plant worked so made a game plan according to my symptoms (based on re-establishing my heard) which worked. The pm was the problem that started all this, propolis stressed my micro heard i think but it is better now. Thanks for chiming in dude, tho we don’t agree on somethings its good to have different opinions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom