What Do The Guys Do That Use Window Ac In A Window In The Winter?

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Jesus saves

Well fuck a duck.. There only quick connect is 36k btu.. Shit all i need it a 10k btu.
I like thier stuff! I found another one but I dont know if it will go down to 5*

https://climateright.com/mini-split...ater.html#product_tabs_product-specifications

But I really like this one but its not quick connect.. I wonder if you asked them if they would install quick connects on it, if they would?

http://www.aurasystemsonline.com/aura-air-conditioners/au-012
Nevermind I found one perfect!

http://www.aurasystemsonline.com/aura-air-conditioners/au-011

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Gotta pay to play......its worth it
For sure...
My motto,,
It costs to be the boss...
Im sure I will own that before Christmas :)
That thing ought to cool my 4x8 tent and (3) 600 hps open hoods just fine! I run c02 anyway...

Thelight413

Thelight413

If your deflecting the hot air from your exhaust back into your ac unit....this condensate water technically should not freeze and it would drain out the unit just like normal condensate does right? Could you elaborate on this please because I don’t understand
I do agree with recycling thenwxhaust air. I would only use half of the air. But this will cause a lot more condensate to build up in the drip tray. Not sure how to evacuate that out with freezing temps.

SweetTooth75

SweetTooth75

I wouldn't run a window AC in the winter, as it screams "Grow Op Inside". In my condo, I ran dryer vent tubing to the dryer vent and attached it to my intake fan. Basically reversing the system. Worked like a charm.

Thelight413

Thelight413

Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes though till you can get a split or central air, trying to keep the room sealed
I wouldn't run a window AC in the winter, as it screams "Grow Op Inside". In my condo, I ran dryer vent tubing to the dryer vent and attached it to my intake fan. Basically reversing the system. Worked like a charm.

Dbear180

Dbear180

For sure...
My motto,,
It costs to be the boss...
Im sure I will own that before Christmas :)
That thing ought to cool my 4x8 tent and (3) 600 hps open hoods just fine! I run c02 anyway...

Did you end up with the aura? I've heard good and bad so I've kinda steered clear. I was quoted about $3500 for an 18k mitsubishi complete install from someone on here, just can't pull that trigger yet.

brazel

brazel

Heating mat with thermostat on bottom. No vents on bottom, heat rises.
They can freeze in summer too
Splits freeze to
Some models have a built in feature, forget what it's called but the way it works would mean your room won't be sealed while its doing its thing.

Edit... the style of a.c. isn't why it freezes or doesn't, it's weather extreme hot or cold. In extreme heat they can run constantly which causes it to freeze up, in cold weather... well was a.c. invented for cold weather? New features for using a.c. in winter, thank computers!

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Invertor type is what' needed for use in cold climates. Iirc

Dbear180

Dbear180

Heating mat with thermostat on bottom. No vents on bottom, heat rises.
They can freeze in summer too
Splits freeze to
Some models have a built in feature, forget what it's called but the way it works would mean your room won't be sealed while its doing its thing.

Edit... the style of a.c. isn't why it freezes or doesn't, it's weather extreme hot or cold. In extreme heat they can run constantly which causes it to freeze up, in cold weather... well was a.c. invented for cold weather? New features for using a.c. in winter, thank computers!

A crankcase heater does not "unseal" your room. It's a piece of wire with high resistance that heats your compressor to prevent oil & refrigerant from mixing. Nothing to do with computers.

brazel

brazel

A crankcase heater does not "unseal" your room. It's a piece of wire with high resistance that heats your compressor to prevent oil & refrigerant from mixing. Nothing to do with computers.
What? I'm talking about server rooms, clean rooms... computers that have to run where the a.c. can't be in the room... who the fvck else would need a.c. in 50°... think bro

Whoops my bad read that wrong cause I'm not the brightest...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom