What Do You Guys Think? Will This Be Effective?

• Thread starter KMProp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KMProp

So ive been doing endless amounts of research on the Hydro side lately (i currently grow in soil. ive also grown in Coco drip feeding.) i tend to create setups my self that way i get to know my setup more and learn from my mistakes. As my room is not exactly 'level' the tradition way of DWC / RDWC will be a pain for me and had a brain storm and basically incorporating the drip system with a drain system and dwc. So what ive come up with is like a hybrid system could i call it?

Im just wondering if anyone else has tried this or thought about it? if so how effective is it? did you find it worked or cause more hassle than it was worth? will it even work? Let me know what you think guys.

Untitled
DGP

DGP

I think what you are describing is a recirculating deep water culture system. However, the ones I have seen and the one I built for my veg tent has the return lines coming from the bottom and the bigger the return lines the better. I use 1/2 in line to 3/16" feeder tubes with drip rings on top and 3/4" return lines at the bottom of each bucket. Works nice for my veg tent. Also, I use a submersible in the res for the feeder lines. Non submersible will work as well but I find the submersible convenient because I can redirect it to pump out the system for water changes.

You can maintain the proper water level by keeping the reservoir water line at the height you want the buckets to maintain because water always seeks it's own height/level. In other words, use a reservoir that is a similar height and use it's water level to regulate the buckets.

Best of luck,

Dee

Top Bottom