What Is On My Leaves?

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

Hey,

So I have this white film on my plant leaves. It’s more noticeable under the lights. It doesn’t look like white powdery mildew to me. It’s also on my lights fans.

It’s not thick.

I have it in the floor too which was from water spilling out that had nutrients and I’m guessing it evaporated and left a residue but it’s my first grow and my babies are two weeks old so I wanted ask the experts lol

What is on my leaves
What is on my leaves 2
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Hey,

So I have this white film on my plant leaves. It’s more noticeable under the lights. It doesn’t look like white powdery mildew to me. It’s also on my lights fans.

It’s not thick.

I have it in the floor too which was from water spilling out that had nutrients and I’m guessing it evaporated and left a residue but it’s my first grow and my babies are two weeks old so I wanted ask the experts lol
U running a humidifier?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Deficiency? A closer pick of it would help immensely.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

That's good to know, and odd. Is there any sort of treatment I can do to the humidifier to prevent that?
You can get a humidifier with a filter(unless yours already has one), put purified water in it, or you can just ditch the humidifier like I did lol. Plants don't seem to mind too much.

Naturalx

Naturalx

You can get a humidifier with a filter(unless yours already has one), put purified water in it, or you can just ditch the humidifier like I did lol. Plants don't seem to mind too much.
The humidifier is honestly making my upstairs extremely humid that I think I just might and only turn it on to give the tent a boost because my plants are so small right now that they dont produce much humidity i'm sure that's going to change as they get older.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

The humidifier is honestly making my upstairs extremely humid that I think I just might and only turn it on to give the tent a boost because my plants are so small right now that they dont produce much humidity i'm sure that's going to change as they get older.
I've been between 20% and 40% rh this entire grow and while it's not ideal, the plants can certainly handle it and do quite well

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

For best results its best to be able to control the plants environment.

Also low humidity is not ideal for us either.

I run a whole house 6 gallon humidifier to keep the level around 45-50% minimum in winter.

And dehumidifiers in the basement year round. Very humid basement. And with the window air conditionwrs i use cor the lung room and living area keeps it below 60% in summer.

Fangthane

Fangthane

I do feed a lower strength during lower humidity.
How much lower? Is that like a standard operating procedure that's known among experienced growers who consistently deal with low humidity? Living in AZ, humidity--or lack thereof--is a big issue for me. I'm typically between 18-30%. I get some funky shit going on with my plants, when it doesn't really feel like I'm overfeeding. Is there like a recommended average PPM range I should be shooting for at my humidity level?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
How much lower? Is that like a standard operating procedure that's known among experienced growers who consistently deal with low humidity? Living in AZ, humidity--or lack thereof--is a big issue for me. I'm typically between 18-30%. I get some funky shit going on with my plants, when it doesn't really feel like I'm overfeeding. Is there like a recommended average PPM range I should be shooting for at my humidity level?
When my humidity is 50-60% I feed at 800-900 ppm. At 25-30% humidity I am feeding at 500-600ppm. I cant really comment on your set up as everybody's environment is different( temps,lights,air exchange.....).

L

Laredo7mm

Yup, I have had the same white film when I was running tap water in my humidifier. My ppm is about 140 out of the tap and I am using a diy humidifier that I made using a house of hydro single disk mist maker. I switched to using RO water and all is good now.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Here are some charts that may help determine Vaopr density, or ability of atmosphere to hold onto moisture (humidity)

84B6DD2E BD52 4BBB 9DD5 9FBA43E7B538
Top Bottom