What Strains Have You Grown?

• Thread starter Aheadatime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aheadatime

Aheadatime

Thought it would be a good idea to describe some of the strains we've grown so others can skim through to pick their next run. Some of you old schoolers who have grown 50+ strains, just pick a few for whatever reason you want, like some strains you've been running recently or some of your favorites over time.

HSO Fem Blue Dream. My first grow. Phenotypes were mildly diverse. All of them had weight, and all of them smelled fruity/pungent. Frost was just ok, high was different for different phenos but generally pleasant and upbeat. One of the girls smelled like rubber tires and mango punch.. super interesting.

Exotic Genetix Black Mamba. Probably my favorite run so far. Very diverse phenos, which is good or bad depending on who you ask. Some yielded close to nothing, others really produced. In general, most phenotypes shared the traits of being very dark, having a ton of frost, and having a sort of complex fruit/hazelnut/cream/biscuit smell. I regret not keeping #17. She had grenade style nugs that were intensely greasy, deep orange, and smelled like an amazing hazelnut cream with a background of a non-descript fruit. Just intense.

Ocrean Grown Genetics Skunkbeard. Strreeetttcchhhhhh. Super stretchy tall girls. These girls were much more uniform than the others I've grown, due to Ocean Grown working their lines so thoroughly. They were almost all the same height from seed, and all shared a darker complexion with a good deal of frost. Smells range from pungent rotten fruit, to straight OG gassy smells, with most of them smelling sort of in between. Yield was mediocre, highs were relaxing and stony.

Exotic Genetix Ceaser. Hermed on me. One of the girls went full-blown-week-2-sacs-at-every-node and pollinated the room. Many of the others threw nanners at weeks 4, 6, and 8. Tell you what though. They still yielded and still frosted out. I think if I had infinite space, I'd run these again to find a stable keeper. Had that funk glue smell, incredibly frosty buds, and huge donkey dick cola structures. Shame she hermed so bad.

Ocean Grown Genetics Jawa Pie. Pretty nondescript strain imo. Light green color, nice orange hairs, mildly frosty, mild yields, lemon-y fruit smells, mild highs, really leafy so a bitch to trim. Just all around an 'ok' strain that I wouldn't recommend hunting through tbh.

Exotic Genetix Citrus Berry. - Another 'ok' strain. Way leafy, super annoying to trim. Not incredibly frosty, not incredible in any way. Mildly frosty, mild yields, fruity-ish smells, nothing special. They were freebies, but apparently it's an official strain of theirs. Wouldn't recommend.

I've grown out other freebies that I can't recall because they didn't end up as keepers. What have you guys worked with?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
AK47, Chocolate Diesel, Cinderella 99, Sensi Star, Black Domina, Jack Herer, Venonberry, Bubbleberry, Cali-O, Bubba Kush, Purple Power, Legends Ultimate Indica, Sweet Tooth #3, Lemon Thai, Black Jack, Apollo 11, Cookies n Cream.

AK47 - Grown from F1 and F2. Very uniform and consistent. Good yield, great buzz. Punches you in the face.

Chocolate Diesel - F1 and S1. Very frosty. Hint of tootsie roll candy on exhale. Great yielder. Potent.

Cali-O - S1 - Tastes and smells like oranges. Great all day smoke. Perfect for wake and bake. Great yielder. Not very potent but very pleasant and easy to guage.

Bubba Kush - Great tasting, pleasant buzz. Not overpowering but pungent. Low yielder but makes rock hard nugs.

Sensi Star - Great yielding strain very potent and very odorous. Serious odor control required. Very uniform in seed form. Heavy sleep inducing buzz.

Bubbleberry - Snokable Nytol. A couple puffs and you won’t be able to keep your eyes open. Decent flavor, nothing special. Very heavy indica.

Cinderella 99 - Smells like grapefruit. Anxiety inducing buzz. Very energetic uplifting high but easy to overdo and get panic attacks. High yielding and easy growing strain. Very uniform from one seed to the next.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Man too many to list but I’ll list my favs:
J1
Jack h.
Super silver haze
True og
Banana og
GDP
Super sour d
Train wreck
Gods gift
Chem / all versions with 91 being a winner
Critical kush

Cbd
Charlottes web
Suzy q and glue hybrids
Ac/dc
Pure ruderalis

And blueberry and blue dreams being our best sellers

Aheadatime

Aheadatime

Found some pics of some of the strains. Don't know how to edit the OP, so I'll post them here.

Couple shots of the blue dream pheno I kept for a few runs.
814302-8e0bc4dab94f9e5c43b56a09160407da.jpg

814303-de40c8e9f98ddf9f3f92c8b1ee0d33c5.jpg

Here's my favorite of the black mambas.

814304-6928d4b3fe4189d3bd50b01c59e0d2ee.jpg

And here's some cured up skunk beard.

814305-4f8f454b4c22046d11ec02d46640e552.jpg

814306-d54bc66dd326dd23ece746f758bdb4df.jpg

Bd1
Bd2
Bm1
Sb1
Sb2
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Just started last year so I don't have many but I loved every one of them...

Royal Nepal Kush & Orange Creamsicle (both clones from local breeder), Banana Ice Cream & Banana Crack (Holy Smoke Seeds, bought through Logic on this site), Chocolate Orange Creamsicle (neighbor's Chocolate Diesel herms pollinated a few seeds for me last year).

Royal Nepal Kush, insanely powerful high (but not couchy), over 25% rosin extractions, has that common skunky flavor and very tight, resin filled nuggs with over 2' colas.
20171014 072745
Grow Log 3377 10 04 2017

Orange Creamsicle, speedy cerebral high, very orange flavored, very fluffy sugar leaf heavy nuggs, lots of kief, heavy yield.
20171004 165942
20171004 170347

Chocolate Orange Creamsicle, much better plant than momma, very potent cerebral high that'll send you crawling to the fridge, tangerine lime fragrance so intense it burns your eyes, flavor is a sweet lime unlike anything I've ever tasted before, again a heavy yield and huge amounts of kief, far more dense than it's mother. Will be breeding to keep this strain going from other recovered beans.
20181012 123745
20181011 151937

Banana Ice Cream, three very different plants and flavors from a mild banana taste to that classic skunky flavor, colas were very large and slightly fluffy, looooaded with trichs, I'm talking snow laiden, I'll showcase my fav here BIC#1. Very mild banana flavor, good solid energetic stone, not too bad on the munchies, slightly fluffy very large colas with a whole lotta trichs.
20181016 084430

She reached about 10' but a storm knocked her and the others down. Had to string them up to finish. The largest BIC reached nearly 14' before the storm ripped her top off. This one is the shortest but had the largest colas by a narrow margin.
20181013 155911

Banana Crack (freebie from Logic, I believe it's a Holy Smoke Seeds bean), one of my absolute favorites. Reached 13'-14', averaged 12', 10'+ wide, outstanding banana flavor, very low munchies, huge yield near 6lbs, very dense whiplike colas with tight tight tight nuggs, frosty frosty frosty, recovered 2oz of kief from just trimming, kief was so oily it turned to hash in the jar at room temps. This is an amazing strain for outdoor, if it's still available, buy it!!! Very sought after strain.
20181017 085142

Again, she was storm damaged so this is a pic after I tied her back up. Got around 1lb from the damaged branches 2 weeks early, harvested a hair under 5lbs.
20181017 115204
20181014 145624

Top Bottom