What's A Good Strain To Choose For A First Run?

• Thread starter StarsBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StarsBuds

StarsBuds

Hey hey everyone;
Hope this note finds everyone well.i wanted to get a general census on what strain is easiest or the best for a new grower to grow? Should they pick autoflower? Fem'd seeds? What's your thoughts on this? What did you grow your first time out the gate? Were you successful and get to harvest?

IM a medical patient and advocate as well as a ER nurse for many omg many years. Just aged myself didn't I? Oh well.....I believe I can grow something as good as what I've bought in the past. I live in a town and county where we are legal for recreational marijuana. However my county won't let a dispenser set up here. The closet would be bakerfield about a 4 -6 hour drive from me.

I've always advocated marijuana use verse morphine, or pills. As well. The government has their greedy little hand out one min and the next saying you can have it smoke it and grow 6 plants with a card. But I'm going tax the shit out of you plus make it impossible for u to find your medication. Then tell you u can't sell it or open a dispensary here. What-!!!! Really. Who does this to patients? I cared for all types of patients, paying non, paying etc. never turned a patient away for their meds-!!

Anyway a little rant, and off topic, sorry. What's a girl for do to get some decent fricken seeds to grow her medication. Damn.

kodiakaarom

kodiakaarom

Order some for beginners most seeds companies will help you out deciding.

jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

my first grow i started with clones. had 2 purple urkle and 2 dutch treat, both were pretty easy to grow. nothing really more then watering, mixing the nutes right and making sure you dont over water. but then i went to seeds because i wanted strains that werent around here, again was pretty easy. was growing indoors in soil with a 400 watt in a 4x4 tent real simple setup but it worked good.
they are pretty easy to gro as long as you keep your ph and ppm in check. but i hear that white widow and northern lights are some the easiest strains to gow. few seed banks to check out are seedsman, sensi, seeds supreme, herbies and a bunch more that i have bought from that cant think of.. all have discreet shipping and never had a problem. just go browse till you find what looks interesting to you.
good luck

StarsBuds

StarsBuds

my first grow i started with clones. had 2 purple urkle and 2 dutch treat, both were pretty easy to grow. nothing really more then watering, mixing the nutes right and making sure you dont over water. but then i went to seeds because i wanted strains that werent around here, again was pretty easy. was growing indoors in soil with a 400 watt in a 4x4 tent real simple setup but it worked good.
they are pretty easy to gro as long as you keep your ph and ppm in check. but i hear that white widow and northern lights are some the easiest strains to gow. few seed banks to check out are seedsman, sensi, seeds supreme, herbies and a bunch more that i have bought from that cant think of.. all have discreet shipping and never had a problem. just go browse till you find what looks interesting to you.
good luck
Thank you jeff

StarsBuds

StarsBuds

Hi
Thanks Jeff I have tried clones. I think it would be fine if O.know exactally where they r from and corentine them for 7 days and spray. I learned that crap the hard way. Everyone can't be trusted. I'm currently have bubba Kush and purple kush in week 5... coming alone nicely.

I think I finally hit my niche, things have been smooth sailing for the most part except my nite burn which YEAP I caused. So for me it's. Even trail and error and what works for what I'm currently growing. This channel has been extremely helpful to me. Many knowledgeable growers of medication here. Ty again

jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

lol yeah nute burn seems to happen when you first start growing. i have learned that the recommended dose is usually way to strong to stat off with. usually like to start with quarter to half strength then workup to full. in my RDWC setup i have never been able to get up to the recommended dose without ill effects to the plants. guess its not a bad thing, saves me nutes lol.

StarsBuds

StarsBuds

Hi
I agree, I am still not giving the full recommend
Dose of all nutes. I've been increasing them slowing @ each feeding. I noticed thought my nite schedule begins to decrease 4-5-6 seem to be the heaviest weeks.. so far so good.

socoro

socoro

i recommend using half a dose, but needles to say if you are working with a balanced soil try use root nutes instead like pirrahna, tarantula, and voodoo juice in combination, but otherwise back use a minimum of nutes

StarsBuds

StarsBuds

Thank you jeff
Great information Jeff, northern light I've heard was a good one as well.
I have started with clones and I've also started some seeds I had. Purple kush and medicine Man. Just transplanted them tonight.
Thanks again u r. Also sensi & bodi seeds yes they tell me are a award wining seeds. ‍♀️♀️Ty again

StarsBuds

StarsBuds

IMG 3014
IMG 3017
IMG 3014
IMG 3017
IMG 3014
IMG 3017
Hi jeff
Thank you. How r u and your garden going? Mine is well, just set up the scrog. My purple kush and Med Man have rooted and they have been transplanted to their 1st pots.

The OG kush was transplanted into their new homes as well. Happy campers this far. So on a. Few days I will post more pics.

I found what I thought to be a Male in the garden. Removed him asap. He has been on my porch. Well today the nodes I thought were sacs of balls. Apprear to be flowers opening! Call me crazy but I don't think it's a male after all. Any idea?

IMG 1754
StarsBuds

StarsBuds

Order some for beginners most seeds companies will help you out deciding.
Thanks zkodiakaarom I didn't know they did that. Do u have some suggestions for goods seeds at good prices? I Need to grab, A few for my tool box...‍♀️

Top Bottom