Whats Causing This

• Thread starter NotaRasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

ganjagrowa

View attachment 755647 View attachment 755648 View attachment 755649 View attachment 755650 View attachment 755651 can someone please tell me what is going on ? the tips of the leaves here and there are yellowing slowly, im in a 2 gallon pot using FOX FARM OF soil, could this be root bound ? i also can see 2 tiny roots sticking out of the bottom vent hole in the pot, just started happening like a few days ago, Also the 2 very tiny leaves on the main stem are dying as well, Please help

Also, using 3, 24w 6400k mini t5 grow lights, at about 12 inches away, RH between 45-60, Temps from 71-76, please help

G

ganjagrowa

A6ACECAF D458 450F B32C D343BFFC307C
you can sort of see the spots on the leaves from this pic

G

ganjagrowa

yellow spots on the leaves isnt a sign of anything ? everything else looks verry healthy

Could it be time to transplant into a bigger pot ? there are a few roots coming out of the bottom holes , (square hole)
im growing in a 2 gallon pot, 27 days from seed,

DB680E8D 987E 4C6E 8D1F 5D7127139FD9
Dunge

Dunge

Had you not poked those jaggy holes in the pot you could easily tip the plant out and have a look at the roots.
As it stands, you may have trouble getting the plant out. (may need to cut the pot away if/when you pu-pot)

Don't worry about being root bound. Pots that size could take you to the finish if you wanted.

Roots out the bottom holes are of no concern.

I like to use pipe cleaners or cotton twine to provide direct contact with the plant. Wire is harsh.

FYI the first two leafs are called cotyledons.
dicot or dicotyledon is the type of plant she is.
They are part of the seed just to get the plant started and of no use to the plant at this stage.

The best thing you can do is heft the pot and feel the water weight.
Add water when it gets light.
If you put a catch pan under her, you can "water to runoff".

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I don't know anything about cats but the shot in the dark @G gnome took was pretty rad cuz he had no idea if you had a cat or not. In my opinion it looks like a mutant or a caterpillar.
rad man I knew they are dope with aphids good to know about the spider mites
If it was caterpillars you would see their shit. Plus they don’t move far so you would have seen some evidence.

I think it was a smaller bug that chewed the leaves when they were really tiny and the leaves grew out.
The chew marks look long healed

I don’t normally go against @G gnome but if he goes in everyday and it was the cat the chew marks would not be so healed no?

G

ganjagrowa

Had you not poked those jaggy holes in the pot you could easily tip the plant out and have a look at the roots.
As it stands, you may have trouble getting the plant out. (may need to cut the pot away if/when you pu-pot)

Don't worry about being root bound. Pots that size could take you to the finish if you wanted.

I like to use pipe cleaners or cotton twine to provide direct contact with the plant. Wire is harsh.

They are part of the seed just to get the plant started and of no use to the plant at this stage.

so as i stand now, i should not be worried about anything really, and i can keep it in the 2 gallon pot ?

G

ganjagrowa

and what could the yellow spots be from

showmegreen

showmegreen

Ummm dude!.... I hate to tell ya this, but...., Ummm.... "Your plant is; how do I put it?.... Well, it's GROWING!..
Believe it or not! It is growing... fer sure! Congratulations!
I wouldn't say root bound.... you are on a roll. It is showing that it loves it's soil stuff you got it in. Good job. The leaves being all tweaktifided has to do with a ph balance fluctuation. Maybe added too much of this or that or yer cat peed in it and causing a mild lock out. I dont see the yellowing except where the cat sprayed. They all do it. They mark everything. They dont rub on stuff cause it itches so good! They rub on it to mark it. Lmfao!.. it's a honest mistake. But everythin affects everythin. So choose your variables allowed in your grow wisely. That way you don't have to fuck with those evil hypotheses! Mean things that they are! Just keep ya worryin all tha time. And I'm sorry but worry is a waste of my imagination. Ban yer cat man DO ......IT!!

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I think i may have found my culprit. I found this guy while i was checking things out this morning. I tried to do a search to find out what kind of bug it is but no luck. Anybody have an idea?

Screenshot 20171109 085855
brazel

brazel

If it was caterpillars you would see their shit. Plus they don’t move far so you would have seen some evidence.

I think it was a smaller bug that chewed the leaves when they were really tiny and the leaves grew out.
The chew marks look long healed

I don’t normally go against @G gnome but if he goes in everyday and it was the cat the chew marks would not be so healed no?
seeing their shit, nah bro not necessarily. I'll post some pics of my passion fruit Vine I got hit up by caterpillars and you can't see any shit possibly tomorrow I'll post the pics

brazel

brazel

I think i may have found my culprit. I found this guy while i was checking things out this morning. I tried to do a search to find out what kind of bug it is but no luck. Anybody have an idea?
Not sure the correct species but it's not beneficial!

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Ladybugs are a waste of time unless your conditions are optimal(for the ladybugs)
All it takes is a humidity dome and a tray , cotton balls with bottled water and sweet or non acidic fruits and to spray the foliage so they can drink while they stuff their faces
If you first start turning them on to something like bananas or peeled grapes when you release them into the humidity Dome then they will all release pheromones and it acts as their new home base and from there they will return for the sugar and carbs for the fruit you give them so when they're running low on energy and need the boost they go back to their home

Top Bottom