whats-your-favorite-organic-tea-brew-recipe what happened to this thread

• Thread starter Venom818
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Venom818

Venom818

I cant find this thread.but if its gone please post your fav tea recipe.
also do you guys give tea with nutes or by itself ?
do you ph the nutes the pour in the tea or mix them both them ph or just give a feed with just tea ?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
it is in the internet black hole... :)

Ok back on topic.

Here is a video explaining the process in detail:

Fungal Tea Recipe:
2 pizzles high grade 'post or verimicompost, put in small container and cover w 2 tablespoons baby oatmeal, then cover but leave space for air, after 3-4 days a beard like substance will appear, then give 30ml fish hydrosylate w a little bit of ro water and spread it over the compost w oatmeal. Mix in the beard and Give this a few more days to sit and grow more fungi.

30ml fish hydrosylate (If I added to compost like explained above go with 15ml)
30ml soluble seaweed
1/4 tsp soft rock phosphate (Gives the fungus a place to grow on)

Bring water up to 65-70f,add the ingredients and Brew for 48 hours then check under a microscope.

(note: I am using in flower and therefore testing the results of adding the soft rock phosphate, also adds some Calcium. Will share how that effects my tea)

Look for fungal hyphae, Photos from microbeorganics.
Fungal Hyphae

Pretty fungal

For more microbe identification photos, go to: http://www.microbeorganics.com/#Microbe_Identification

For more articles on creating compost go here:

Will post up more tea recipes later.
-Lead

K

kushtrees

I'm using aliens tea recipe with caps bennies, its working well. I usually flush with just tea in RO water don't pH or anything.

Ima try using tea with just calmag for one plant with a Ca and Mg def. the plan is RO, add calmag, pH to 5.8, then add tea. I wouldn't add straight pH up or down to the tea, the strong acid/ base will kill of your live bacteria/ fungi

Aliens yea recipe is in caps testimonial thread btw

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I cant find this thread.but if its gone please post your fav tea recipe.
also do you guys give tea with nutes or by itself ?
do you ph the nutes the pour in the tea or mix them both them ph or just give a feed with just tea ?

Hey, Missed adding a response to your questions
I prefer to stick to using tea with chlorine/chloramine free water and possibly some added organic inputs (humic, fulvic, fish or seaweed/kelp).
ph nutes then add the teas, then check ph again.
citric acid for ph down, soluble seaweed extract and humic acid are organic inputs that will raise the ph. I take this approach in order to keep the microbial life alive. Brew tea add

I am ph'ing in coco coir based medium. In soil (peat/compost based) not ph'd

Good growing!

Venom818

Venom818

I'm using aliens tea recipe with caps bennies, its working well. I usually flush with just tea in RO water don't pH or anything.

Ima try using tea with just calmag for one plant with a Ca and Mg def. the plan is RO, add calmag, pH to 5.8, then add tea. I wouldn't add straight pH up or down to the tea, the strong acid/ base will kill of your live bacteria/ fungi

Aliens yea recipe is in caps testimonial thread btw

cool thnx bro

Hey, Missed adding a response to your questions
I prefer to stick to using tea with chlorine/chloramine free water and possibly some added organic inputs (humic, fulvic, fish or seaweed/kelp).
ph nutes then add the teas, then check ph again.
citric acid for ph down, soluble seaweed extract and humic acid are organic inputs that will raise the ph. I take this approach in order to keep the microbial life alive. Brew tea add

I am ph'ing in coco coir based medium. In soil (peat/compost based) not ph'd

Good growing!

thnx for the response and good post homie. the thread made it to the new farmer i was looking at it 2 days ago someone must have stole it LOL

Venom818

Venom818

Stole it! LOL, I like that. Seems more appropriate considering where that thar thread actually went.

That was another thread like this one :)
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/what-happened-to-this-thread.46647/

weird thing is that the thread made it .I saw someone post a link to it try to click on it now its gone dam.

do you use a 5gal bucket to brew your tea.If you do what size pump do you use ? or do you just drop a a airstone with a aquarium pump

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Way back machine has some of the info from the lost thread here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20100223...ts-your-favorite-organic-tea-brew-recipe-757/

2nd page on is still on google cache if you want to copy/paste/save the original thread or post.
here is a copy paste of guano's recipes that the person in the other thread was looking for.
Here are a few more great recipes

*The measurments below are for a one gallon tea bubbler.When making teas in smaller containers,simply adjust the recipe or dilute the final tea with water.

*In these recipes,brew the tea with an airstone in a one gallon container for 24 to 48 hours.When you're done brewing,strain it through a nylon stocking (for topical/sprayer applications) or a standard strainer (for normal watering applications) and cut it 50/50 using dechlorinated water.

*Fungi-dominant tea compost should be mixed together and kept very wet for three to seven days prior to brewing.Store it high in a room,near the ceiling and in the dark.The microlife and fungi populations will really bloom if you place a heating pad-set to low-below the container (shoot for 68-75 degrees fahrenheit;20-24 degrees celsius).After three days,it will be visibly booming with fungus (what I call "Santa's Beard").Put this in your tea brewer and bubble it (in place of regular compost).

*Prepare for the container to foam up and bubble over.You should place a tray under your tea bubbler and avoid any electrical or other items that may be damaged or unsafe around the bubbling water.

Vegetattive Stage Recipe

* One Gallon Water *: R/O water,rain water,distilled etc. etc.

* One Teaspoon Black Strap Molasses (unsulfured)1-0-5)*:
Be sure to use only the unsulfured variety.This is because sulfur kills microlife,especially fungus (unless it's elemental sulfur in small ratios).

* One Teaspoon liquid Alaskan Fish Fertilizer (5-1-1)*:
Fungus and bacteria both love fish ferts and go nuts reproducing when it's included.

* One Cup Earthworm Castings (vermicompost) or good outdoor compost*:
Vermicompost provides humates,enzymes,protozoa,nematodes,bacteria,fungus ,trace elements,secondary and primary nutrients.

* One Teaspoon Fox Farms Peace Of Mind All Purpose (5-5-5) *:
Food for the microlife that balances the pH of the tea (to about 6.5-7.2).

Flowering Stage Recipes

* One Teaspoon Black Strap Molasses (unsulfured) (1-0-5) *:
An excellent source of potassium during flowering;bacteria prefer these simple sugars,whereas the fungus prefer more complex sugars derived from various organic matter.

* One Teaspoon Fox Farms Peace Of Mind All Purpose (5-5-5) *:
Food for the microlife that balances the pH of the tea (to about 6.5-7.2).

* One Teaspoon High Phosphorous Bat Guano (0-4-0) *:
Fungi love this nutrient and will deliver it to the plant roots.

* One cup Earthworm Castings (vermicompost) or regular compost *:
Good balance of nutrient (trace and secondary).Also a source for microbes and beneficial elements.

* One teaspoon Maxicrop liquid or 1/2 teaspoon water soluble Maxicrop or kelp/seaweed extract (dry) *:
A fungal favorite,this is a key tea ingredient that produces a good ratio of happy fungus.It's also booming with trace elements,some nitrogen,and some potassium.

* 1/4 teaspoon Micronized (soft) Rock Phosphate *:
Fungus attach to the rock phosphate and grow on it.Also a prime source for phosphorous,magnesium & sulfur.

Fungus Dominant (halfway through flowering) Recipes

* 1/2 cup Earthworm Castings *:
See above.

* 1/2 cup Mushroom Compost *:
This is fungus waiting to happen.A rich source of fungal spores and dense organic matter that fungi like to eat.

* Two tablespoons Powdered,100% Natural rolled oats *:
Fungi love this nutrient and will deliver it to the plant roots.

* Two teaspoons Kelp Meal *:
I use kelp meal for several reasons.It's organic matter that fungi like to attach themselves to.Fungi love kelp extracts as a primary food source and the rich trace elements and potassium it introduces.

* 1/4 teaspoon Micronized (soft) Rock Phosphate *:
Fungus attach to the rock phosphate and grow on it.Also a prime source of phosphorous,magnesium and sulfur.

The earthworm castings,mushroom compost,oatmeal,and kelp meal are first mixed together and made very wet.After fungus has grown on this blend,place it in your tea bubbler for 24 hours with some additional liquid (or water soluble) kelp/seaweed extract and Micronized (soft) rock phosphate.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
weird thing is that the thread made it .I saw someone post a link to it try to click on it now its gone dam.

do you use a 5gal bucket to brew your tea.If you do what size pump do you use ? or do you just drop a a airstone with a aquarium pump
I brew in a few 5 gallon bucket and also in 6 gallon vortex brewer. No air stones, just straight pvc with an elbow or pvc with 1/6" holes drilled in it.

Eco Plus Commercial 1, I use in a 5 gallon "bubble blower" style bucket.
I use the Ecoplus commercial air 5, 110 liters/hour for the DIY vortex brewer I posted up.

Microbeman On Aquarium Pumps (www. microbe organics dot com is Microbeman's website. )
First of all I’d like to make it clear that most aquarium air pumps don’t produce enough air to use in a container larger than 1 gallon when considering making an aerated brewer. So don’t even try the 5 gallon pail with the aquarium pump idea everybody is passing around. You need a minimum 0.05 CFM (cubic feet per minute), open flow of air and an optimum 0.08 CFM per gallon (US) or higher to make aerated compost tea (ACT). ACT should have the DO2 sustained at or above 6 PPM. Generally, aquarium pumps produce around 0.02 to 0.16 CFM. Another generality is that 25 watts of power usually produces 0.75 to 1.0 CFM in diaphragm air pumps. The wattage is usually marked on the pump which will help you figure out the approximate output

Venom818

Venom818

Thnx bro I was looking at that Eco plus but went with a different one I'll exchange it tomorrow .Is the Eco plus 1 enough for a 5 gal pale it's only 18 watts ? Thnx bro u have been very helpful

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Thnx bro I was looking at that Eco plus but went with a different one I'll exchange it tomorrow .Is the Eco plus 1 enough for a 5 gal pale it's only 18 watts ? Thnx bro u have been very helpful
Your Welcome, The models get me mixed up sometimes. Searching online, Looks like mine is the active air. If you got the $$ doesnt hurt to go a little overkill

Venom818

Venom818

Your Welcome, The models get me mixed up sometimes. Searching online, Looks like mine is the active air. If you got the $$ doesnt hurt to go a little overkill

thnx bro i bought the eco plus looks to move plenty air.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

seriously, i was seeing this stuff starting to grow on the top layer of my coco and getting worried it was pm or something i was about to start askin for help, good to know its
Great Info Leadsled!
Thanks for taking the time to post it for folks :)

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

a desired effect...

unlike the new site, and what a pita it is to post...

Top Bottom