When Best Laid Plans Go To Shyt

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So as some of you know we have been experiencing some rare and unusual weather conditions this winter all over the nation.

Have been doing my due diligence to ward off the rare hard freezes we are having in AZ. So every day I have been covering all my cactus and other exterior vegetation.

But mother nature doesn't give up easily. So all the wool blankets I have been using got soaking wet last night with 2 inches of rain that fell over night. So when the temps hit 31 degrees this morning, guess what happened to those sopping wet wool blankets????

Yup you guessed it, they became encased in a solid sheet of ice. So much for all the due diligence eh. :( Will be a few days until I can assess the damages.

Here are some photos you wont see often here in the desert. These are from Tucson to the south of us.

th

tucsonsnow.jpg

th

th

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Man that’s freakin crazy. I was just watching the news those flash floods you guys have over there are scary as shit.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Where's a good dose of global warmin when you need it :D Ya crazt shyt for sure.

Truth be known I can truly enjoy this colder weather cause all too soon we will be triple digits for 5 straight months. 115 + sucks no matter how dry they say that kind of heat is.

Dan789

Dan789

Where's a good dose of global warmin when you need it :D Ya crazt shyt for sure.

Truth be known I can truly enjoy this colder weather cause all too soon we will be triple digits for 5 straight months. 115 + sucks no matter how dry they say that kind of heat is.
Copy that, going to become more the new normal, than the extremes it had been. Watching all the snow piling up in the Sierras (above our location), when that shit melts...gonna need to keep handy a few sets of water wings...
New atmospheric river getting set to dump more the next few days...
Not to get too political but the new green deal might need some serious examination...as our current laissez faire attitude towards climate change doesn’t seem to be going so good...

Top Bottom