Whitaker Blue?

• Thread starter winta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cane Fire

came back down to my beach house that has DSL to see if I
could upload some pics of Whitaker Blues. These girls have had a long life for three months. They started indoors for six weeks then have moved outside at a much higher elevation since then and have responded in kind. My WB have a rather lime green color to them with buds that appear silver because of all the trichomes! Taste is somewhere between blueberry and a honey if you can believe that!?

Whitaker b
Whitaker Blues 2
Whitaker Blues 4
Whitaker Blues 3
Whitaker Blues 1
C

Cane Fire

sorry for not including details of grow. I will post them here in next few days. Been super busy dealing with rain issues here in Puna. Hopefully there will be a break in the weather, and then I share with you my latest grow info.

Blaze

Blaze

OK so I finally got my WB in and cured and dried and was able to smoke some of it. My overall reaction was "meh". It is not a bad strain but certainly nothing special.

I grew three phenos of them organically in soil so I got to see some variation in how they grew. They were better than many of the DJ Short strains in that they did not finish extremely late, and they also had much better structure. However they were quite prone to mildew and very prone to mold. Yield was average - certainly not something you would want to grow for production.

They have a nice sweet smell to them, but it is very generic. I've smelled a 100 strains that smell just like it. Also it was I did not have a pungent aroma - I like strains where one bud stinks up a whole room. Potency was average, nothing to get excited about. Flavor was like the smell - not bad but very generic and nothing unique.

All in all it was not a bad strain, as I've seen much worse, but it was not a good one either. It was just very bland - there was nothing unique and special about it. On a score of 1-10 I would give it about a "6". Unlikely I will grow it again - I want the best genetics and this strain does not make the cut IMO.

C

Cane Fire

Aloha Blaze. Glad you posted your smoke report. I somewhat agree with you about mold & mildew. Even though I saw none on my plants. Anytime you're genetics includes an indica as one of the parents, sure you can expect some mold & mildew,right brah? That is why I treated mine regularly with Serenade, and another product called "Vaccinate", from the company 'Wet and Forget'. Between these two product and a bit of Hydrogen Peroxcide, I'm able to keep those to elements under control.
As for me I enjoyed the WB because I have already kinda grown tired of "Kush" flavor which pretty much eveywhere these days. So for me it was a nice change in taste. Blaze, I'm not sure what state you're in. But here in Hawaii, I believe "genetic drift", is stronger than anywhere else in the world. If I grow WB for three outdoor seasons. I promise you at the end of the third season, you won't even recognise the taste of the WB grown here. I'm not sure why it happens on this island to such a profound degree, but it does. For us long time island cannabis growers, we learn to use our "genetic drifting", to our advantage here. That especially holds true on the Big Island. Here, our cannabis taste different than any other island too! So that is why I'm sure we will end up with two flavors of WB. For this reason alone I'm sure that is why a lot of mainland breeders like to have their strains tested in Hawaii by breeder/growers here. Again especially on Big Island were flavors are unigue like no where else in the cannabis world".

bloads

bloads

Speaking of growing in Hawaii, what're the thoughts, from someone who lives there, on introducing rare/exotic strains to the island?

I know Hawaii and it's inhabitants are serious about keeping their ecosystem as pure as possible, they don't allow many types of pets and plants to be brought to the island, I'm wondering if this causes the amount of strains on the islands to be somewhat limited as well?

I visited Big Island (cousin in Kona) last year, and fell in love with the place. I could definitely see myself moving out there, it's a great pace of live compared to the mainland. If I moved out there, I definitely would bring my grow stuff, but I'm curious about if I should bring any genetics?

C

Cane Fire

Absolutely you could bring your own mainland genetics out here. It's funny, but a good portion of the growers here are stuck in a "rut" as far as cannabis strains go. I mean it's truly amazing how many people are still growing 'White Widow', or 'Blueberry' on a regular basis. It'strange the actually number of growers here stuck in those two strains. I'm talking "Twighlight Zone" strange.

I live on the opposite side of the island from Kona. I'm over in the Puna District. I like it because it doesn't depend on tourism here on this side. We our the side of misfits, pot growers, retired exotic dancers, 'fuse blown' postal workers, gays, lesbos, etc.,etc..

Currently I'm working with a bunch of California genetics & West Coast genetics;

Whitaker Blue's
Trainwreck X Bubba Kush
Trainwreck X 707(clone only version of Headband)
Trainwreck X Afgooey
Trainwreck X Twisted Sister(OG Kush X Sour Diesel)
Skunk Dawg

These are all westcoast strains which are growing great in Hawaii,..like all strains do! Hawaii, and especially the Big Island produces cannabis like no place else in the world.

C

Cane Fire

Only thing I've heard is that it's an old Oregon Heirloom Indica Strain. But I will keep hunting for info about it. If I find anything I'll post it here brah.

L

LeanMeanMrClean

was going to buy these.dj is one of the few breeders around that still follows the rules.at least you know what your growing right!
sad the report is blah though...

if not these id try his vanilium,or cocoakush.attitude also has his f-13,and blueberry strains available.

Z

Z-ro

one of my buddies was at a local club in the north bay a few days ago and was given 5 free clones of whitaker that were supposedly dropped off from djs camp or somethin similar. anyone know anything about this cut in circulation?

C

Cane Fire

I'd go with it. I've grown Whitaker Blues out several times seed. It's not the best yeilder ,but what the hell. It gives you a nice high and taste is a nice change from that constant "kush" taste that seems to be everywhere.

TortureKill

TortureKill

That Whitaker looks very similar to the Dabney Blu. I mean in structure, and flowers.
These ones were a bit purpled from cold harvest temps.

Dabney Blu

picture.php

Whitaker Blues
whitaker-blues-1-jpg.177031

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I'm soaking 3 beans right now. Will get some flower pics up when ready. Never grew out a DJ short so I'm pumped. Especially a blueberry cross. Smoked some in the 90's but never owned a cut.

T

the3dogwalkr

Quimby you say?

I worked at a large glassblowing company (smack-dab in the middle of the Whiteaker neighborhood) in Eugene, Oregon in the late 90's. Every so often, just before it was ready, a guy would come by the company to make his rounds station-by-station to take pre-orders for the Quimby. It was always in relatively limited supply, fully taxed, usually paid for in advance, the most you could buy was 1/4 oz, and it sold out before anyone's eyes could land on it. The flavor of this pure-looking Indica is simply sublime in it's velvety smoothness, and has a powerful high. A close friend of mine (who didn't use any "drugs"), used to affectionately call it his "dope".

I came across some Quimby a couple of years ago, and recognized it immediately. The flavor confirmed it. If you have to go out of your way to smoke some Quimby.........by all means go out of your way!

Latest posts

Top Bottom