White Dust Humidifier

• Thread starter rosco23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rosco23

rosco23

okay so i've been operating out of my new room for about 11 days now. for the first week i did not have my humidifier hooked up but i hooked it up this past saturday. about 1-2 days ago i started to notice white dust throughout the room mostly on the floor underneath the fans (4 fans total). at first i thought it was paint speckles from when i did the white walls but i touched it with my finger and it almost has like a deodorant type consistency (lol idk). i google "white dust humidifier" and sure enough there were some results saying impeller humidifiers and another type of humidifiers can cause white dust but my unit is hooked up AFTER my RO machine so does it even make sense that that much mineral could still be in my water? ppm always reads 0-20ppm.

its gotta be something from the air/mist cause look at that fan picture. those fans were perfectly clean 10 days ago lol

anybody have any idea what exactly this is or how i can rectify the problem?

White dust 2
White dust 3
White dust 4
White dust 5
White dust
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i had a house with popcorn ceiling,that crap was always falling off,i have hard water too but doesnt do that on the walls ,if you leave water in a cup a few days it has buildup,but hell if it is the machine i wouldnt use it

P

PharmHand

okay so i've been operating out of my new room for about 11 days now. for the first week i did not have my humidifier hooked up but i hooked it up this past saturday. about 1-2 days ago i started to notice white dust throughout the room mostly on the floor underneath the fans (4 fans total). at first i thought it was paint speckles from when i did the white walls but i touched it with my finger and it almost has like a deodorant type consistency (lol idk). i google "white dust humidifier" and sure enough there were some results saying impeller humidifiers and another type of humidifiers can cause white dust but my unit is hooked up AFTER my RO machine so does it even make sense that that much mineral could still be in my water? ppm always reads 0-20ppm.

its gotta be something from the air/mist cause look at that fan picture. those fans were perfectly clean 10 days ago lol

anybody have any idea what exactly this is or how i can rectify the problem?
Probably calcium but shouldn’t be w RO. I had same problem but the water was 60ppm. Maybe your ppm meter is off/needs calibration and or your ro system isn’t functioning right?

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

AN sells a fix for this. It's basically watered down Head n Shoulders.

That shit has a shape. Thats beyond particulate. The sky is falling. Chinese kid fill your humifier with confetti?

rosco23

rosco23

AN sells a fix for this. It's basically watered down Head n Shoulders.

That shit has a shape. Thats beyond particulate. The sky is falling. Chinese kid fill your humifier with confetti?

It definitely takes on a clump shape. Do you know what that AN product was called? Couldn’t find anything when i searched on google.

rosco23

rosco23

Probably calcium but shouldn’t be w RO. I had same problem but the water was 60ppm. Maybe your ppm meter is off/needs calibration and or your ro system isn’t functioning right?

Meter gets calibrated every other day. Ppm i haven’t seen over 20ppm i will recheck though. What did you do to fix your problem?

P

PharmHand

Meter gets calibrated every other day. Ppm i haven’t seen over 20ppm i will recheck though. What did you do to fix your problem?
Used different water. My well water is about 40ppm and doesn’t produce any dust. I sometimes have to get water trucked in which is about 60ppm and that water creates a lot of dust. The white particles are likely calcium maybe it clumps together as it’s spit out of your humidifier. I was using an ultrasonic. You clean your humidifier or check it lately? Maybe some crap in there?

S

Simplicio

Careful.
That dust might cause some plant problems.
Even RO water will produce some dust over a long time.
I switched to forced air humidifiers using RO water to avoid this.

Top Bottom