Why The Hate For Cheap Leds?

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

h.h

I made a cheap COB frame out of 1/2" EMT, 1' plastic "T" tube connectors, with #10 self tapping screws.
Didn't like using the plastic connectors, but they're plenty strong and they will hold up.
The COB's aren't heavy.
Fully adjustable. The COB's just sit on top and will slide where ever the wiring will let me.
I attached a short piece of metal strap to both sides of each COB, so they won't slide off. I have holes in the strap for wire ties to secure everything, but I don't use them.
I have the square heatsinks. I don't know how it would work with the round ones.
I may have spent $25 for a 2'6" x 4'8".

Last edited:
Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Citizen clu048 driven softly at 680ma by a cheap dimmable chinese driver. Cost around $25 for all of the components. Now I'd get my best efficiency at 1400ma but even driven at around 25% these lights are no joke.

View attachment 761116 View attachment 761117 View attachment 761118 View attachment 761119

First pic is with the dim all the way down then all the way up in the second pic. Doesn't do it justice though.

View attachment 761120 View attachment 761121
Have you ever used any of the cheap off brand cobs ? & if so how did they perform for you

BombBP

BombBP

Have you ever used any of the cheap off brand cobs ? & if so how did they perform for you
Yes, I have and don't bother. I can put a 100w cheap chip beside a shitizen powered at 35w and the shitizen chips blow them away. Those cheap cobs make great security lights...which is what I did with mine lol.

Sams House

Sams House

As I said in an earlier response to this thread, I don't want or need big yields. I grow strictly for personal use. 400 watts at .6 gr every four months gives me more than I need.

I could get this instead, , and get about the same yield, but I'd pay four times as much. That makes no sense to me. My goal is just to grow 1/4 lb of weed or so every couple months. I don't need to set records in yield, or yield per watt, and I don't sell. So more weed than I need is a waste.

My thoughts exactly I want the potency for my personal stash that's why I got a Kind ,

Latest posts

Top Bottom