WiFi Med Grow 2kw Dual-Arc 1st Grow Log!

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hey Farmers!
This is my first grow log and as you can see by my post count I do a lot of reading and very little posting on this forum. I thought after a year of lurking in the shadows and following experienced advice from other farmers in my closet grow, I would start to give back to other novices like myself by sharing my experience in detail. I am also in the process of getting settled in a new house and am busting my ass in the garage everyday getting it prepped to be at my standards for a grow room. So far it has been transformed from a piece of shit unfinished garage with exposed framing to an insulated and drywalled 12x14 room with 2x 120v circuits and 1x 240v circuit. The 1.5 ton Fujitsu mini-split A/C showed up yesterday and will be installed by the start of next week. After that I will be framing a 4x8 mini room for my veg and mother plants that will sit along one of the garage walls opposite the 2x 4x4 grow trays for flowering (which will also need tables framed sometime next week probably). The plan is to have the 4th and currently nonexistent wall where the large garage door is to be built entirely out of door panels. This construction will allow for easy transport of the entire 4x4 tray, with plants in it if need be, in and out of the grow room. It also allows for the doors to be pushed open flat to both side walls so that the 4x8 mini room and all other equipment can be completely cleared out and returned to a functioning garage upon moving out of this location in 2-3 years. If the concept for the door-wall doesn't make sense in text just wait patiently for pictures upon completion somewhere in the next 2 weeks.

OK enough about construction and on to the part we all care about, the set-up and the plants!!

As stated in the title of this thread I will have 2x 1000w dual-arc eye hortilux bulbs, running 1 light over 4 plants and having perpetual harvest every 4-5 weeks depending on what strain and its flower time (every 5 weeks while i'm running this WiFi). I will have a more detailed post on what other equipment I'm running when I have already purchased it to avoid confusion if I don't end up with the exact things I have on my current list. But for now I know for sure that I will have 2x 4x4 trays for the flowering, and 2x 2x8 trays for veg and mothers/clone. the lights for the mothers will be 4x 2-foot t5 strips and 1x 4-bulb 4-foot T5HO fixture over 1 of the 2x8 trays. the second tray will have 3x 2-foot t5 strips for clones/seedlings and 1x 400w MH for veg. I plan on having a pump watering system that I can run manually for watering when needed for my plants growing in pure canna coco (nothin but coco). I did all my watering by hand in my smaller set-up last year and it was the only part of the growing job that didn't get me excited and willing to work. I love growing and so I don't want to think of any part of it as "work" so I thought I'd cut out the one part that seemed like it by getting a pump and a reservoir with an air pump to keep my nutes oxygenated.

Anyways, like I said, I will have a lot more on the set-up details after I have the equipment and start getting things operating. Now for the WiFi girls!!!

If anyone has read my other thread asking about WiFi moms you know that I put 4 seeds into soaked rock wool cubes a week ago and started this journey.
2011-08-16_21-39-13_831.jpg

The first seed was showing itself above the cube within 36 hours and 2 more followed it within a couple days.
2011-08-18_17-58-46_695.jpg
2011-08-20_14-44-14_151.jpg
2011-08-20_14-44-00_881.jpg
2011-08-20_14-46-13_477.jpg
2011-08-25_10-13-01_572.jpg

Unfortunately I must have drowned the 4th seed because it split and started a little baby root and then never made it any further after 6.5 days I called it a dud and replaced it with a new one (didn't really get ride of it after 6.5 just started a new seed, tossed it today after nothing had changed).
2011-08-25_10-12-41_289.jpg
2011-08-25_10-13-01_572.jpg

Then after working hard today in the garage, I came in for some food and a 4:20 smoke break to be happily greeted by the new replacement seedling popped up about 1/16 inch above the cube.
2011-08-25_18-11-14_131.jpg

FIRST 4 WiFi READY TO GROW! (if you can't tell I'm really amped about growing some OGRaskal gear)

So now the clock is started and hopefully I can get these pretty ladies vegged and ready for flower in 6 weeks or less from today so that if they take the full 10 weeks I can have some dried smoke for the holiday break. :harvest:

-Meeks

P.S. I apologize for the cell phone pictures, I have a decent digital camera but I haven't unpacked enough crap inside my new house yet to find the battery charger and its totally dead. I will update with better pics when I find it. :movie

S

StrikeitRich

Great work. I too am about right where u r at with my grow of these puppies.

Good luck,
S i R

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Well this looks like it'll be a kickass first grow man! Pullin up my chair, got a nice bong load of some Green Crack loaded up! Sub'ed!

Good luck man!

PS, really wishing i had an extra hundo for a pack of the white s1's, really diggin all the grows that are startin up off OGR latest drop!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Also, Forgot to note other than in the title of the thread, this is a completely legal grow by California state law and will be consumed only by the patients on this property or sold to my local co-op within the boundaries of the law.

S

StrikeitRich

Also, Forgot to note other than in the title of the thread, this is a completely legal grow by California state law and will be consumed only by the patients on this property or sold to my local co-op within the boundaries of the law.

Always good to know. FYI u could put it into ur signature too, that way every post says like "Prop 215 Compliant".

Peace,
S i R

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Good job will be watchin this thread for sure. keep up the good work
Ive got 3 beans veggin right now,
Can I join the club too? lol
We should all compare our nug shots thatd be tight all starting pretty much same time
I wonder how many other people are where were at too :itwasntme

Great work. I too am about right where u r at with my grow of these puppies.

Good luck,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

Probably a bunch, but yeah there is a WiFi pictures Thread i believe.

Best of luck everyone.

Peace,
S i R

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Nice 1st grow great pick 4 ur 1st grow White Fire is 1 of the best strains there is.. Ur gunna b very happy with ur selection.. I'll b checkin out this grow.. Good luck

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Not to hijack your thread but where are y'all getting your OGRaskal gear at, Ive been trying to get my hands on some OG fire or white fire for awhile now

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Not to hijack your thread but where are y'all getting your OGRaskal gear at, Ive been trying to get my hands on some OG fire or white fire for awhile now

I guess you just gotta be lucky and be on here to see one of og's updates on his releases in his breeder forum.

Then start running for em :banana1sv6:

Fast...

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
I guess you just gotta be lucky and be on here to see one of og's updates on his releases in his breeder forum.

Then start running for em :banana1sv6:

Fast...

I found luck had nothing to do with it for this drop. I read about Wifi when i first joined this forum last year and logged on practically everyday to check for new posts from ograskal or logic about the next drop of beans. When word came that pre-orders were available i had my cash in the mail 36 hours later. Turned out that i could have mailed cash 2 weeks after i did and still got my name on the list for pre-orders. BIG window for such valuable seeds in my opinion and it was because of commitment not luck that I scored some. . .

Getting my hands of some white sour d and white urkle or white strawberry will be a diff story i think. Those are gonna go fast fast fast!!! i would hope that logic offers a pre-order for them but i have a feeling we would have seen something about it by now if that were the case because those seeds were only supposed to be about a month behind the first wifi and white drop (almost a month ago already).

Aligee

Aligee

Ograskal is a marketing genius no question bout that me n my boy discuss this often
supply and demand at its finest i think raskal can sell a eskimo ice for reals id probably buy some lol good luck on them beans bruh !!!

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Hell yeah man alot of people are still trying to get there hands on the wifi.
I on the other hand got em by pure luck, I always read about wifi but never thought about trying it till a couple weeks ago when i started the hunt for em.
I asked someone about it, very next day OG posted he was makin his drop
So I hopped In my whip 5 mins later lol

I got super lucky I guess I might make a thread n posts pics there, dont wanna jack your thread bro.

That white urkle is gonna be INSANE hopefully ill get lucky with that one too haha

Keep us updated bro stay up.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
First time I've had a bit of time to sit down and respond, things have been moving along at high speed in the garage and should be up and running ahead of schedule, so thanks for the good vibes and luck all around!

Well this looks like it'll be a kickass first grow man! Pullin up my chair, got a nice bong load of some Green Crack loaded up! Sub'ed!

Good luck man!

PS, really wishing i had an extra hundo for a pack of the white s1's, really diggin all the grows that are startin up off OGR latest drop!
Funny thing I think of when you mention Green Crack, I heard somewhere that for a while The Cotton Mouth Kings were only growing/smoking Green Crack. And that gets me thinking about how I was just up in Seattle for a visit with some old friends last month and how we went to a med dispensary there only to walk in on a photo shoot of the Cotton Mouth Kings in the store. They were in town for Hemp Fest, which if you aren't from Seattle area or haven't heard of you should google.
seattle.png

Sorry that was a crazy tangent but I've been thinking about that all day since I read you post but didn't have time to respond. And yea I wish I had the cash on hand at the time for a pack of the white s1's also. But anything i could do with them right now wouldn't be near as good as what OGRaskal is doing with it so Ill just try to score some more beans through the farm.

Always good to know. FYI u could put it into ur signature too, that way every post says like "Prop 215 Compliant".

Peace,
S i R
Thanks for the tip, I've noticed other people with that in their tag but never posted anything of my own before so I never thought about doing it. As you can see I have now added it.

Good job will be watchin this thread for sure. keep up the good work
Ive got 3 beans veggin right now,
Can I join the club too? lol
We should all compare our nug shots thatd be tight all starting pretty much same time
I wonder how many other people are where were at too :itwasntme
haha probly a bunch of people, hundreds maybe if you look at how many pre-ordered alone it could be that many. then count all the packs sold in clubs! Thanks for watchin!

Nice 1st grow great pick 4 ur 1st grow White Fire is 1 of the best strains there is.. Ur gunna b very happy with ur selection.. I'll b checkin out this grow.. Good luck

Good to know your on board MG, this will actually be my 5th grow, but my first grow log. My other grows have been under fluoro twice and 600w Hps twice. but that was in my 2x5 closet, and 2x2x2.5 cabinet. this is MASSIVE for me compared to what I have my limited experience doing, so I am pumped almost more than I was for my first grow (but thats pretty much impossible to beat).

Ograskal is a marketing genius no question bout that me n my boy discuss this often
supply and demand at its finest i think raskal can sell a eskimo ice for reals id probably buy some lol good luck on them beans bruh !!!
No doubt, he knows how to sell his gear. I like to think that he does such a good job because he has such a good product, but having never grown out any of his stuff myself i can only go by the many many people on this forum that post beautiful pics all day of his ladies and rave about how well they grow. thanks for the good luck I know its totally crazy to think that it helps to say that but I really think it helps. . . :animbong: Maybe I'm just getting extra high.

Anyways before I go off for the night I wanted to upload pics but I am having trouble uploading certain pictures keep turning sideways when i upload them but the file is the right way up. And now it isn't letting me upload some at all, so I will have to do it some other time. If anyone knows what i might be doing wrong please chime in.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Looks ur off to a great start. That White Fire is some serious dank bro! I can't wait to see what u find in them beans. Good luck with ur grow, nMeeks! Keep us updated on that new room. Sounds like it will be built with functionality in mind! Should be a very nice grow room when finished up. Where did u pick up the Fujitsu AC?

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Looks ur off to a great start. That White Fire is some serious dank bro! I can't wait to see what u find in them beans. Good luck with ur grow, nMeeks! Keep us updated on that new room. Sounds like it will be built with functionality in mind! Should be a very nice grow room when finished up. Where did u pick up the Fujitsu AC?

Yea man, the room is coming together faster than i was expecting by over a week. Looking really clean considering it was an old house with a PoS framing job for the walls/ceiling in the garage. finished the mud today, will let is dry now until tomorrow when it gets primed and finish painted with white exterior paint to help repel any water that i may spray on the walls when dealing with plants.

I picked up the Fujitsu from a website called PexSupply. they are located in NY but shipped the unit from a city only a few hours from where i live so I had the unit the day after my order was processed. Unfortunitly I also ordered the coolant line from PexSupply, and they shipped that part from their location in NY, so I can't install anything till at least Wednesday when that coolant line will be arriving. O well. not everything can be perfect. the unit ran be about 2200 including the line which was 100 by itself. Not a bad deal in my opinion if you look over the manufacturers website their split A/C's are practically made from grow rooms. Multiple types of mold and dust filters, a dry mode to dehumidify without also cooling if desired, a below freezing run temp for the compressor allows me the run my A/C (and light schedule) at night without worrying about it dropping below freezing and my A/C failing. Most a/c's don't expect you to need an A/C if its below freezing outside (obviously just open a damn window) so this feature I thought was really beneficial for a grower who's room still needs A/C whether it's 100 or 10 degrees outside.

Side note, be careful shopping around for the Fujitsu's, I found a couple websites most likely based out of china (claimed to be located in cali) that are selling old models of their equipment at cheaper prices. Don't order from them, I could not reach these people on the phone, and they made no indication that it was an old model so who knows if they are intending to scam or what.

Pics from the garage start to finish coming soon, gotta wait till i have an hour or so to mess around with the TCHfarmer uploading bullshit that was giving me trouble last night. Thanks for checking in Rival!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Ok, I just spent forever figuring out that I needed to resize my pics to be landscape to avoid them importing sideways on THCFarmer. Then I had to export them as a smaller file size also. . . what a pain. gonna have to get that mapped out in Automator (an apple program) so that it goes faster next time.

Anyways, here are a bunch of pics from the garage before I did anything to it (during the process of moving in so ignore the junk and big red car), then some snap shots throughout the process taken from my camera phone (sorry again about not having my digital yet). The last few pics are actually from yesterday, I didn't take any today for some reason but ill take some in the morning before the whole room gets sanded, wiped down, and painted.
IMG_5917.jpg
IMG_5919.jpg
IMG_5920.jpg
IMG_5922.jpg
IMG_5923.jpg
IMG_5924.jpg
IMG_5930.jpg
IMG_5928.jpg
IMG_5925.jpg
IMG_5932.jpg

So thats the shit hole it was before we moved in. Now heres what went down over the last week or so. First put in a 240v plug on a new 30amp circuit. Also added a second 20amp 120v circuit, and a 30amp 220v disconnect for my a/c behind the garage, that aren't pictured close up (i think u can see the extra 120v in some pics of the drywalling). After that you can see by the pictures what happened, but incase you are having trouble, there are pictures of insulation, followed by drywall, followed by tape and mud.
2011-08-23_12-48-41_214.jpg
2011-08-24_15-17-58_967.jpg
2011-08-23_19-04-48_271.jpg
2011-08-23_19-05-19_574.jpg
2011-08-23_19-05-28_299.jpg
2011-08-24_15-18-17_354.jpg
2011-08-24_15-18-12_79.jpg
2011-08-24_15-18-07_972.jpg
2011-08-24_15-18-24_87.jpg
2011-08-24_15-18-29_159.jpg
2011-08-24_15-18-36_368.jpg
2011-08-24_20-13-18_752.jpg
2011-08-24_20-13-24_438.jpg
2011-08-24_20-13-14_734.jpg
2011-08-24_20-13-29_125.jpg
2011-08-25_16-15-54_764.jpg
2011-08-25_16-16-02_671.jpg
2011-08-25_16-16-07_619.jpg
2011-08-25_16-16-18_975.jpg
2011-08-26_20-59-36_661.jpg
2011-08-26_21-00-44_287.jpg
2011-08-26_21-00-18_134.jpg
2011-08-26_21-00-55_918.jpg
2011-08-26_21-00-31_61.jpg
2011-08-26_21-00-35_831.jpg

You can see that a mini wall was built to help the crawl space come out further so that it was level with the siding of the house, and also some blocking was put in for the location of the A/C and for hanging the lights.

Finally, here is a shot of the A/C that i grabbed in the box just for fun cuz I was excited it arrived so fast. (the box was beat to shit, so I hope it isn't broken)
2011-08-26_21-01-05_611.jpg

-Meeks :pimp:

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Nice rebuild on the room.. Ur gunna have a kick ass grow room.. Great work & nice Falcon

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Nice rebuild on the room.. Ur gunna have a kick ass grow room.. Great work & nice Falcon

Thanks MG, that means a lot. I want this grow room to be something I can look at and not say "it needs (fill in black here) to be perfect". For me the plants are the most important part, not the setup (so many diaries out there all prove the same thing, if its done right, any setup will produce quality meds). So to avoid wasting time, thought, and energy, on fixing problems with the room/environment like I did last year, I want to get it done right to start with so all I have to take care of are the ladies (not the room). Hopefully I can make that happen here in the next couple weeks before the summer comes to an end. I took yesterday off to let the mud dry a bit more before sanding and painting but Ill have pics up late tonight to show off how it looks with all the walls finished.

Here a quick pic of the seedlings and a custom made 5 light 2ft t5 fixture. Getting them eased into the coco medium over the next couple days the pots will be filled closer to the brim and the elongated stems should eventually grow roots.

2011-08-28_19-23-04_345.jpg
2011-08-28_19-23-13_425.jpg

Top Bottom