Will These Seeds Be Viable? (seeds Burst From Their Pods But Are Still Green)

• Thread starter Valcurium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Valcurium

My entire plant looks like this: it's seeds have burst from the seed pod but they are green; not brown. I don't have any amber heads yet, but the trichs are looking long and full. Is there a chance these seeds just need to grow more, or am i SOL?

https://invalid.com/BfMp6oA

Toaster79

Toaster79

They'll take some two more weeks to be ripe. Maybe even more. When theyre brown, hard and have stripes, they're ready.

Dunge

Dunge

What I notice from the pic is the lack of expected serrations on the leaf.
Looks like a re-veg.
This might account for the premature seed ejection.
Are they light dep?

V

Valcurium

What I notice from the pic is the lack of expected serrations on the leaf.
Looks like a re-veg.
This might account for the premature seed ejection.
Are they light dep?
These plants were indeed re-vegged. My plants were planted in August of '16 and survived all winter in a metal locker-grow set-up in the storage space under my deck with nothing but some insulation and LEDs. Wall slabs of those rubble puzzle pieces that you see in home and commercials gyms were cut roughly with garden shears and lined the interior and top cavity of the locker....
16FGEUFG16SQFTFLREAC_is

and two LEDs summing to be around 165 watts ended up producing enough heat to keep them alive. They were started on a 24 hour light cycle (just easier) and progressively turned down to around 18/7 light cycle, after which then I started a 12/12 light cycle [in Massachusetts - in January.] Not too long after, it starting getting much colder, and I was concerned that during the times when my lights weren't on...my plants were going to freeze. I changed the light schedule back to on 24/7 and had them vegging until April when I moved to a new place and were able to move them indoors. June first was when I kicked it back to 12/12.

Right now they're getting 10 hours of light and 14 hours of darkness.

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
They will ripen up and be S1 fem seeds if you let them do their thing.

V

Valcurium

They will ripen up and be S1 fem seeds if you let them do their thing.
The pollen is actually from a newly grown male Dutch cheese plant that I planted on June 1st and went 12/12 through its whole life cycle, so I don't think they'll be S1 seeds.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The pollen is actually from a newly grown male Dutch cheese plant that I planted on June 1st and went 12/12 through its whole life cycle, so I don't think they'll be S1 seeds.
I figured it was from a nanner because of being reveg and stress.

Latest posts

Top Bottom