Yo Is 8 Hours Of Light Good Enough

• Thread starter Scee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Why doesn't everyone do 10/14 then ? Weird as global warming i tell ya.
Idk why they don't probably because they don't know about it and never tried it themselves
I'll find the info source on the lower light scheduling for you gimme a sec

gwheels

gwheels

Idk why they don't probably because they don't know about it and never tried it themselves
I'll find the info source on the lower light scheduling for you gimme a sec
Thanks...i will give it a go because less power consumption makes for a cheaper grow. And even though i am a 4 plant grower most of my surplus goes to friends and family for presents at various holidays. If i can do it 2 hours cheaper a day that is a 17% savings

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Thanks...i will give it a go because less power consumption makes for a cheaper grow. And even though i am a 4 plant grower most of my surplus goes to friends and family for presents at various holidays. If i can do it 2 hours cheaper a day that is a 17% savings

Skunk mag vol 10 issue 5 Feb/march 2015
1534095686361 1546386690

There's the issue on 10/14
The technique is actually called the 12-1 paradigm
Used alot by guys in Oregon & light dep guys EVERYWHERE

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Never heard of any of them , not really into the new hype myself. Not claiming to know sooo much about breeding but I know enough that I can smell bullshit when someone puts it in my face, that’s all I’m saying.

Switch gears all you want talking about genetics trying to deflect from the claims you made, you still haven’t posted any proof at all about what you said ,” that pollen from the same plant somehow passes different traits based on how you reverse it “ LOL. #Broscience is what it is and your passing that misinformation to a new guy as fact. That’s how this shit gets perpetuated as fact in the cannabis community so if your gonna make claims be prepared to back it up with facts and not some silly YouTube video of a guy selling a colloidal silver product on Amazon or a writer of skunk magazine telling us what light schedule is best. I guess we all should be directing any soil science questions to The Rev as well LOL. This guys thread is muddied up enough , I’m done here.

& People all over My Area are Begging for my Genetics
Hence the Reason I got deals with over 25 retail stores in Maine alone and soon in Mass and Rhode Island & Florida

& my Family is Responsible for The Best shit Coming outta Maine so my Genetics Speak for Themselves lmfao

Ever heard of jerry berry
M.o.b.
Enigma
Sour enigma

Yeah we made those and if you haven't heard of any of those you live under a rock @eastcoastjoe & I suggest you do the research
Seems u don't really do much of it lmfao

So like I said before , my Genetics speak for themselves & so don't the retail store contracts I have so I could care less about internet based sales !!!

So have a great day & good luck to you & yours
Blessings

Oh & P.S. Since you Claim to know soooo much about Breeding how about you Come to The Cup In Maine Next year with some of your creations & see how well you fare lol I'll even get your breeder fees waived to see what you got to offer !!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Never heard of any of them , not really into the new hype myself. Not claiming to know sooo much about breeding but I know enough that I can smell bullshit when someone puts it in my face, that’s all I’m saying.

Switch gears all you want talking about genetics trying to deflect from the claims you made, you still haven’t posted any proof at all about what you said ,” that pollen from the same plant somehow passes different traits based on how you reverse it “ LOL. #Broscience is what it is and your passing that misinformation to a new guy as fact. That’s how this shit gets perpetuated as fact in the cannabis community so if your gonna make claims be prepared to back it up with facts and not some silly YouTube video of a guy selling a colloidal silver product on Amazon or a writer of skunk magazine telling us what light schedule is best. I guess we all should be directing any soil science questions to The Rev as well LOL. This guys thread is muddied up enough , I’m done here.
At the end of the day I am not seeing any scientific basis or your claims either. Easy to call BS on someone else, much harder to produce the facts you claim the other man isn't showing. Think about it. Not all innovation or changes in old systems and beliefs has proof until it is tried and proven. Cannabis lore and legend are as you know has everyone believing there is only 1 way to grow and 1 way to breed. To my mind that is simply a closed minded approach based on years of cannabis being bred and grown in the dark ages of prohibition.

We have to try new things to bust pot myths and misinformation. The way to that end is going against the grain and trying new approaches and methodologies. Nothing changes if nothing changes bro.
The path to change is an open mind till proven otherwise.

D

Digger

I Dont understand what do mean stay reversed. And what sprays

Maybe staying reversed was a poor choice of words, but what I was trying to say was if you start spraying a plant to reverse it and stop too soon, the plant will revert back to what it was and possibly stop producing pollen for you.

Not in my experience or in any Grow I have seen online has anyone had better results with such short lights on period.

And the gaslight veg was designed to keep flowers from blooming late in the season in greenhouses.

And there is no reason buds would be better quality.

I thought legal weed would help dispel all the bull made up on the forums.

Instead all the same crap from 10 years ago is still being argued about.

On the weed forums anyway.

I would like to see these “facts” you claim.

You probably haven't seen it online because most people don't do it and maybe you haven't seen it personally because you haven't tried it. I've tried it on the same cut and got better results with shorter day light. It worked well enough that I haven't done 12/12 for a few years. I don't think a lot of people know or accept, the plants grow the most at night. They collect the energy they need to grow during the day.

Also, are you growing for the highest quality or production? I was told about the 11/13 and less light schedule by people who grow long flowering sativas. If you're growing for a quick flip you might need to push the plant to its extremes to stay on schedule. I grow for personal and to talk shit about how good my weed taste, lol, not to pay bills and keep the lights on or show who can finish first.

sixstring

sixstring

Idk bout all this Hermie talk and honestly I don't wanna know lol. But I have been flowering under 11/13 for over 3 years now and actually used 10/14 for about 3 cycles before I decide it made my plants stretch a lil too much.but it did absolutely nothing to the plants sex,ever.i do think using 10/14 leaves weight behind with Indy Dom strains,which is what I grow.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I’m not making any claims , what am I claiming ? If your referring to me not having the information to debunk a frivolous claim then hey you got me.

This guy is saying very specifically that different reversal methods change the plants genetic code and the resulting offspring. Surely he knows why if he makes a bold claim like that and says it’s 100% true so I’m asking why that is and he can’t answer it.

If I made a statement about something saying this is 100% fact then I should probably be able to cite a credible source of information that led me to be so sure and back that up that isn’t some YouTube video of a random guy selling a product.

At the end of the day I am not seeing any scientific basis or your claims either. Easy to call BS on someone else, much harder to produce the facts you claim the other man isn't showing. Think about it. Not all innovation or changes in old systems and beliefs has proof until it is tried and proven. Cannabis lore and legend are as you know has everyone believing there is only 1 way to grow and 1 way to breed. To my mind that is simply a closed minded approach based on years of cannabis being bred and grown in the dark ages of prohibition.

We have to try new things to bust pot myths and misinformation. The way to that end is going against the grain and trying new approaches and methodologies. Nothing changes if nothing changes bro.

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Oddly enough pollen is typically not sold. It’s often shared between breeders and those who want it but most folks don’t have the time for seeds or pollen. A proper male is invaluable and sadly most of them have been culled just because they weren’t female.
You and me think a lot alike
Blessings to you mayne
Cheers

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Amen to that ! I always keep an open mind cause one can never know everything !
But I did grow up as a pre teen hiding from DEA under pine trees as the copters lower plant assassins in full turtle suit riot gear chopping shit down and leaving you a nice bright yellow card saying we chopped your grass for you

Glad those days are over

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Never made claims I havent witnessed with my own eyes
And I can honestly say in my opinion STS Is the best but not for @Scee
I've had nutty plants perform nowhere near as good as when I played god with Cs or STS
That's where the fact comes from , I've experienced exactly that along with countless other people

I'm out tho I got more interesting threads to pop in at where the Peeps ain't doing all the pissing contest BS cause I could go to RIU for that

Blessings y'all

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Maybe staying reversed was a poor choice of words, but what I was trying to say was if you start spraying a plant to reverse it and stop too soon, the plant will revert back to what it was and possibly stop producing pollen for you.

You probably haven't seen it online because most people don't do it and maybe you haven't seen it personally because you haven't tried it. I've tried it on the same cut and got better results with shorter day light. It worked well enough that I haven't done 12/12 for a few years. I don't think a lot of people know or accept, the plants grow the most at night. They collect the energy they need to grow during the day.

Also, are you growing for the highest quality or production? I was told about the 11/13 and less light schedule by people who grow long flowering sativas. If you're growing for a quick flip you might need to push the plant to its extremes to stay on schedule. I grow for personal and to talk shit about how good my weed taste, lol, not to pay bills and keep the lights on or show who can finish first.

My results are pretty well shown around here. And these techniques you think you are proving have already been tested and retested. Rodeilization and various light cycles are even in ed rosenthals early 90’s book. Along with uv, far red light and darkness before chop.

Also I spent a while on the rm3 site where they also pretend these methods help them.

My results were better than their “gurus”. And when tested in Colorado my weed was much better than rm3’s.

Side note:

By the way. Pollen from old plants is likely much weaker if viable at all. That’s why sts sprayed early on gives best results.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh noNot Legal weed weyouweyouweyou wanna know why I pulled you over I didn't notice anyone inthe car smoking huhuhuhahahahahahahaha. / inever heard ofa gas light and donyou have a picture

Huh?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

@Scee check this guys videos out , He's probably one of the most knowledgeable guys out there when it comes to Breeding

I learned what I've learned from guys like Kevin jodrey who happens to be a great guy
& hands on experience (19 years worth , almost 15 breeding)

Also Peep Some of the threads with Chimeras info on Cubing as it'll probably help you out

Used to chat with Chimera daily back on the true stoners 420 java chat. Great guy. He helped me out quite a bit in the early 2000s. Him and Breeder Steve were my mentors back then. Very knowledgeable guys.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I’m not making any claims , what am I claiming ? If your referring to me not having the information to debunk a frivolous claim then hey you got me.

This guy is saying very specifically that different reversal methods change the plants genetic code and the resulting offspring. Surely he knows why if he makes a bold claim like that and says it’s 100% true so I’m asking why that is and he can’t answer it.

If I made a statement about something saying this is 100% fact then I should probably be able to cite a credible source of information that led me to be so sure and back that up that isn’t some YouTube video of a random guy selling a product.
ok , I see your point a tad clearer since you put it that way. :D

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

IMG 20180903 003635
IMG 20180903 003622
IMG 20180903 004317

So this is my gg4 under 10 hours as of last night it went to 9.5 hours , next week it goes to 9 hours until harvest at 7 or 7.5 depending on trich coverage

Been using the 12-1 paradigm for years with great results in potency , finishing times and yield as well as lower electric bills and the Ol Hps bulb having to be replaced 3 months longer than usual
@Scee how's flowering under 8 hours going for you ?
& @gwheels have you made the switch yet ?
I'll continue to post results y'all

Cheerz

Top Bottom