1st Time Grower: Help :-)

• Thread starter gusoenning
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gusoenning

Hello everyone! This is my first time growing and obviously, I have some questions. I germinated three seeds 24h underwater + the humid paper towel Ziploc technique and planted these seeds in three small pots. Here's the progress so far:

Seeds (see images)
(1) Dobos Triangle by Purple City Genetics
(2) Sour Diesel by Herbies Seeds USA *Seems to be more developed than the others
(3) Cannatonic CBD by Herbies Seeds USA

Progress
Day 1: Planted in pot + sprinkled Dynomico + Sprayed distilled water PH 6.2
Day 2: Already seeing 2-3 inches sprouts + continued spraying water to keep coco soil moist + covered with a Ziploc
Day 4: Not much progress.

Specs
ProBox Basic Tent 3x3
Spider Farm SF1000
Vivosun 4 inch Fan + Carbon Filter
2 Small Fans
Medium: Coco + Perlite 70/30

Questions
• I'm afraid I'm keeping the soil too moist. I am not letting it dry, since it's a baby plant. Is that correct? I'm spraying water once a day and covering it with ziploc (see image) *the monitor shows the humidity inside the tent, but not inside the ziploc.
• The light manufacturer suggests keeping lights at 30 inches distant from the plants, but since there's no dimming option, I find it too strong (100w), so I'm keeping around 43 inches distant for now. Should I keep it closer to the plants?
• I am not planning on fertilizing the plants yet. When is the correct time to start feeding them?

1st time grower help
1st time grower help 2
1st time grower help 3
1st time grower help 4
1st time grower help 5
2Bad

2Bad

incorrect...once the plant sprouts you have to give it a wet/dry cycle. and the humidity in the ziplock is at 100%. domes are for clones imo.

and you'll need to fertilize in about 10-14 days if it's synthetic. if it's dry nutes you need to start fertilizing asap because it takes time to break down.

Last edited:
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I’d get rid of the bags over the pots and lower your light to 30-36” if the sprout look stretchy lower the light some more. To me they already look a bit stretched. With coco it’s supposed to stay moist. I’m not a coco guy so hopefully one will chime in on that and a feeding schedule.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Put away the spray bottle. Cannabis is not a houseplant.

Keeping things moist the way you do can lead to rot.

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

Congratulations on starting your first grow! Btw i love herbies genetics!
You can check the soil moisture level by sticking your finger into the soil about an inch deep. If it feels dry, it's time to water. If it still feels moist, wait a day or two before watering again. The Ziploc cover can help keep the humidity high, make sure to remove it once the seedlings start to grow taller and develop leaves

G

gusoenning

Update Week 3:

(1) Dobos Triangle by Purple City Genetics Dead
(2) Sour Diesel by Herbies Seeds USA Doing OK
(3) Cannatonic CBD by Herbies Seeds USA Doing Great

Sour Diesel and Cannatonic CBD survived and were developing at the same pace, until this recent week. I transferred them to the big pot, and Sour Diesel is not growing as much as Cannatonic. Both are receiving all the same nutrients and conditions. Any tricks to make the small one catch up?

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

Update Week 3:

(1) Dobos Triangle by Purple City Genetics Dead
(2) Sour Diesel by Herbies Seeds USA Doing OK
(3) Cannatonic CBD by Herbies Seeds USA Doing Great

Sour Diesel and Cannatonic CBD survived and were developing at the same pace, until this recent week. I transferred them to the big pot, and Sour Diesel is not growing as much as Cannatonic. Both are receiving all the same nutrients and conditions. Any tricks to make the small one catch up?

View attachment 1976397
Cool to hear that Cannatonic CBD by Herbies Seeds USA is doing great! As for your question, it's not uncommon for plants to grow at different rates, even if they're from the same strain and have been treated the same way.

btw it looks like cat's got her eyes on those plants! Maybe she's hoping for some catnip ;)

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I'm dealing with some slow seedlings as well, also a fist time grower.
I'm not a soil grower...

But, there's something wrong with that soil.

Ok, now that I am looking more closely... it's one of those pre-fert soils, you can see the little round ferty ball...

Yeh, get rid of that....

Start with some seedling plugs and try not to over water.

S

stevec217

I used some ednas best soil from the local hardware/nursery. I'm just starting out and thought it would be a good starter for them. The clones seem to be happy in the same soil. I'll be starting an auto in a few days in a jiffy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom