• >99% Methanol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
My goal is snapping shatter, not taffy or budda. I have a vacuum chamber left over from my BHO days. I am interested in scientific opinions and personal experience.

Please take the time to explain WHY you feel the way you do. The opinion is not of much use without a use-case as context.

Thanks in advance. 🍻

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I'm interested in the answers to this as well.

The 99.5% is isopropyl? That's been my preference so far because it's easily obtainable, easy to evaporate slowly into a well ventilated area, and the general parameters make sense to me, but I also don't have a vacuum oven. IIRC Ethanol and ISO impart different terp profiles on the final product, so a combination of both might make a better product than one or the other.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
are you running a vacuum for purging? this is one of the biggest factor to snap like wax.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
are you running a vacuum for purging? this is one of the biggest factor to snap like wax.

Yep. Left over from my BHO days. With heat pad and controller.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
food grade Alcohol like this here

https://shopbvv.com/products/bvv-lab-grade-ethanol-200-proof-1-gallon?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiA9orxBRD0ARIsAK9JDxS601Fsz3xxk32jQR1NGeKesWGhiFiNMb-9adLWGHSi_Wz5ueCNgPgaAj6SEALw_wcB

please never use ISO for washing anything you will eat or smoke. i can not stress this enough, i know others do it and that is their call i mean no offense nor do i want to debate the merits of why, just my worthless 2cents. hit that link and buy a gal thank me later.

OG

I saw that on BVV as well and it is what prompted this posting.
What I ended up ordering is this. Totally denatured as close to pure as chemically possible as is the methanol.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FWC77SP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 🍻

OG I am quite interested in what you have to say. Please send via PM. Thanks 😎

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
i’m no chemistry guy nor the burning bush but was always taught to avoid for anything but RSO. some of the over dose symptoms are crazy scary and can damage organs like the liver and heart and so on.
as for the source my reasons are cut from wiki. and since we have no clue what the metal composite of the bucket is, i would shy away from if it were me. you however seem to know what’s up and have all the tools. u can use the vac pump on the source for pulling your Qwiso though the funnel quicker.

Like most alcohols, isopropyl alcohol reacts with active metals such as potassium to form alkoxides that can be called isopropoxides. The reaction with aluminium (initiated by a trace of mercury) is used to prepare the catalyst aluminium isopropoxide.[14]

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
i’m no chemistry guy nor the burning bush but was always taught to avoid for anything but RSO. some of the over dose symptoms are crazy scary and can damage organs like the liver and heart and so on.
as for the source my reasons are cut from wiki. and since we have no clue what the metal composite of the bucket is, i would shy away from if it were me. you however seem to know what’s up and have all the tools. u can use the vac pump on the source for pulling your Qwiso though the funnel quicker.

Like most alcohols, isopropyl alcohol reacts with active metals such as potassium to form alkoxides that can be called isopropoxides. The reaction with aluminium (initiated by a trace of mercury) is used to prepare the catalyst aluminium isopropoxide.[14]

Thanks Man. I totally agree!

That is why i use glass whenever possible. I don't know what is in the overseas plastics, etc and i am weary of that possible chemical/metal reaction (i had no idea what it was called, again my thanks). Thus my personal requirement for IPA as minimum standard (another reason not to BHO). It is also why my final filtration is through 2.5 micron filter paper. I only use a large metal bowl or plate to catch spills and drops. If it is wet and hits the tray, it does NOT go back into the mix.

Latest posts

Top Bottom