Accidental 24 hr light switched at bud stage

• Thread starter anndeezzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xebediah

Xebediah

I would absolutely keep these girls and do anything with them to try and save them instead of throwing away what could at least be thought of as a weird science experiment. We already see what's happened after 2 weeks of 24 hr light. I mean, you got nothing to lose to keep them around to see what happens with them this far along and so close to finishing.

Mrb53

Mrb53

I agree!! At this stage, they just needed to be watered. Who would have thought the switch would be accidentally moved? I knew my window of light to water so never looked when I knew it was dark. Just happened to be near the tent late one evening and saw a speck of red light from a hole where the cords go in. My heart sank... I knew then what was happening.
get yourself a timer...cheep they are ...
Timers - click this
keep the lights on their own personal timer

note - revegging - stop listening to all these naysayers. I have revegged my recent / last grow of Acapulco Gold, Grand Daddy Purple and Bubba Kush ...they did take a while, like 3 to 4 weeks transition where I went from late flower / harvest to veg state. A couple weeks of funky where the leaves look MUTATED, then normal growth. With proper care and trimming, they are going to outproduce their previous harvest. And then I took some clones from them while they were in veg state. Transplanting works wonders becasue the root ball is so large from the original grow. Remember the saying - the larger the root, the larger the fruit...just gotta get the nutes back in there
I put my revegs in with my autos at 20/4....a perfected schedule. I believe plants need rest, that is why no 24/0 schedules. After 50 years, I think maybe I learned something

anndeezzz

anndeezzz

Timers - click this

note - revegging - stop listening to all these naysayers. I have revegged my recent / last grow of Acapulco Gold, Grand Daddy Purple and Bubba Kush ...they did take a while, like 3 to 4 weeks transition where I went from late flower / harvest to veg state. A couple weeks of funky where the leaves look MUTATED, then normal growth. With proper care and trimming, they are going to outproduce their previous harvest. And then I took some clones from them while they were in veg state. Transplanting works wonders becasue the root ball is so large from the original grow. Remember the saying - the larger the root, the larger the fruit...just gotta get the nutes back in there
I put my revegs in with my autos at 20/4....a perfected schedule. I believe plants need rest, that is why no 24/0 schedules. After 50 years, I think maybe I learned something
Thank you for the advise. I will not give up!! I do have a timer. The circled area is the switch to put 4 of the outlets on timer or always on. It was switched to always on somehow.

Timer
anndeezzz

anndeezzz

I would absolutely keep these girls and do anything with them to try and save them instead of throwing away what could at least be thought of as a weird science experiment. We already see what's happened after 2 weeks of 24 hr light. I mean, you got nothing to lose to keep them around to see what happens with them this far along and so close to finishing.
Right!! I will definitely keep everyone posted on the outcome. Learn through my mistakes, failures or success!!

Mrb53

Mrb53

I also had that happen to me. I circumvented it like this:
I have the exact same timer...I ordered and placed my lights on a secondary timer
2 Pak, 3 prong click here
I inserted the single to the Always on side and now I have a timer that is independent of the master timer...It is so easy to touch and flip those switches...the only poor part of the design. So for $11 (I made an offer and it was accepted / you can also use their coupons / codes -right now 35% off)..and got a pair for $11...no more issues...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Timers - click this

your plants were probably healthy these ain’t.. and he’s new.,

Latest posts

Top Bottom