Adding Mycorrhizae After Planting

• Thread starter SaintNugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SaintNugs

Hey Everyone!

I have an interesting question that I can’t find the exact answer to after some research. I normally am very good at adding my Myco to my newly sprouted seeds as well as the root ball. But this time around I was side tracked, and I forgot to add the Myco to the seeds when they sprouted/when I planted them into their cups. I still can use it for the root ball/transplant when they get bigger. But can I add some Myco on top of the soil and lightly water over it? Would it make any difference oppose to just waiting for the next transplant? I feel like the stems could be a little stronger and that’s a cause from the missing Myco possibly. Photo was taken today, I switched to my Optic 8 a couple days ago where the other light was making them stretch too much.

Adding mycorrhizae after planting
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey Everyone!

I have an interesting question that I can’t find the exact answer to after some research. I normally am very good at adding my Myco to my newly sprouted seeds as well as the root ball. But this time around I was side tracked, and I forgot to add the Myco to the seeds when they sprouted/when I planted them into their cups. I still can use it for the root ball/transplant when they get bigger. But can I add some Myco on top of the soil and lightly water over it? Would it make any difference oppose to just waiting for the next transplant? I feel like the stems could be a little stronger and that’s a cause from the missing Myco possibly. Photo was taken today, I switched to my Optic 8 a couple days ago where the other light was making them stretch too much.
in the small solo cup i would wait to transplant to add,i put my cup in the soil and indent the cup by rocking it side to side,pull cup out and you have the perfect hole,put your myco in the hole all around it,then pop the bottom of your cup and hold stem between fingers,place the plant right into the hole,less stress and your not disturbing the colony already made while in the cup,mychorizae with triccoderm or how the how you spell them words and forget about pronouncing them hahaha,but both combined will give you the perfect bacteria to fungi magic,you can top scratch it into the cups too,but i would wait for transplant,best way to take a seed is to inoculate the seed with you myco,seed wet and roll it around in it,let it dry and and you have a inoculated seed,the bacteria and fungi are already there if you dig right were it counts most,inoculating your seeds also help by putting the goodies right were it needs to be

S

SaintNugs

in the small solo cup i would wait to transplant to add,i put my cup in the soil and indent the cup by rocking it side to side,pull cup out and you have the perfect hole,put your myco in the hole all around it,then pop the bottom of your cup and hold stem between fingers,place the plant right into the hole,less stress and your not disturbing the colony already made while in the cup,mychorizae with triccoderm or how the how you spell them words and forget about pronouncing them hahaha,but both combined will give you the perfect bacteria to fungi magic,you can top scratch it into the cups too,but i would wait for transplant,best way to take a seed is to inoculate the seed with you myco,seed wet and roll it around in it,let it dry and and you have a inoculated seed,the bacteria and fungi are already there if you dig right were it counts most,inoculating your seeds also help by putting the goodies right were it needs to be
Thank you thank you thank you. I normally do all those steps exactly. I just forgot to get the freshly popped seeds a roll around. Thanks again boss!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Agreed, wait to transplant. The latest research on Mycos shows that it needs to be in direct contact with the roots to establish itself. Sprinkling it on the top wont work very well.

As was said inoculating the taproot of a seedling or seed itself is the best way.

H

hawkman

checked out "Recharge" was using great white, Azros, ect - you can use root stimulators all the way to week 5 of flower - 1-2x's a week

Latest posts

Top Bottom