Advice on this soil

• Thread starter Saint85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i kept it simple - roughly 50% potting mix, 30% compost, <20% perlite - handful of worm castings each large pot. i expect to make adjustments as i go, but making do with what's readily locally available. sucks up the water quickly, and plants seems happy.

S

Saint85

So I finally decided to do a drainage test on this soil and it did good without a perlite or lava rocks or whatnot it did good I even let it dry out some to see if letting it dry would kind of clog it up or anything like that pallet dry out for about 2 to 3 days and poured some water and it did perfectly fine poured the water on it it just sucked it all up perfectly fine and came out the bottom perfectly fine just wanted to give you guys a heads up on testing the soil it's looking really good so far I understand you guys want it mixed with perlite but it's looking pretty good so I'm not sure yet I will keep you guys posted I haven't got anything yet because got other life issues that I'm dealing with right now and soon as I buy all the amendments I'll give you guys a follow-up thank you very much Hope you all have a fantastic day

S

Saint85

IMG 20190712 175032
this is a regular flower seeds I got from Walmart

S

Saint85

So this is what I mixed today but I made it to wet so I drilled holes at the bottom of the bin

S

Saint85

Just checked my soil mixture Saturday and it has life mycelium was in it I have cover crop in it to see how it does so we'll see

Top Bottom